so if you take this coure are u hired with calgary within a period of time or do u still have to go through their recruitment process?

Default doah

well it was about time someone put this thread back on topic ....no you still have to go through their recruitment process, it doesn't guarantee you will get hired.
    Last edited by wannabeFFgurl; 04-14-2005 at 04:50 PM.
    _______
    "There is no expiration date on your birth certificate, so make every day count" - William Phelps from "Lethal Guardian"

Talking

I went to a fire school in Nova Scotia and recieved my level 2 with hazmat ops, and awerness also a MFR rating cost me $8600.00

and I took me 4 years to get hired by Halifax Fire I start in 53 days I am so freakin excited the hair on my arms stands up when i think about how wicked it is gonna be.

Default congrats!

Well congrats on getting in! and you start in 53 days! amazing! I can't wait till I get to that point, atleast I hope I can get to that point..lol, hopfully it won't be 4 years like yourself, but you never know. Congrats again!!
    _______
    "There is no expiration date on your birth certificate, so make every day count" - William Phelps from "Lethal Guardian"

MembersZone Subscriber

Ahhhhh you spent a shift with Dave and John in High River? Hope they didn't teach you all thier BAD habits....LOL

Just kidding Dave.
    Dave Burn
    (EMT-P Student)
    Effort only fully releases it's reward on someone who refuses to quit!

Thanks.......

Just a guess but buy the looks of your name your a female right!!!!

Halifax is going to be doing a female only recruitment coming up in a few months it may be of intrest to you. keep an eye on their website. http://www.halifax.ca/Fire/index.html

Default haha

Well I spent it with Dave and Theresa (sp?), but ya, learned alot, but I don't think any of it really stuck with me, I was watching through half closed eyes..lol...You can ask Dave...I was practically falling asleep standing on my feet watching them clean up after the first call..lol. so tired!

hrfes1 - Yes, last time I had a shower I was a female :P hehe, just kidding with you. Thanks for the link, I will see what it says, its a little far from home, but I will check it out! thanks
    _______

MembersZone Subscriber

Can anyone tell me if the " c " program in calgary is IFSTA certified as well as NFPA? I was told that the IFSTA certification is important for applying Canada wide as departments are looking for that certification as well.
    Dave Burn
    (EMT-P Student)
    Effort only fully releases it's reward on someone who refuses to quit!

MembersZone Subscriber

I believe it is IFSAC certified but not sure about the ProBoard.
    www.rmesfire.org

Thread Information