MembersZone Subscriber

Post Employer Identification Number

Folks,

If you log into your e-grant, the status page has a note that states you need to verify your EIN before starting an application. There is a verify EIN icon next to the log out.

MembersZone Subscriber

...and when I tried to verify ours, it said it "matched an existing organization" and that I "needed to contact the help desk."

Well, No Duh!

Of course it matches an existing organization, I only have four applications online!!

I guess I'll be calling the help desk...

MembersZone Subscriber

I wouldn't get in a huge hurry to call the help desk just yet. It's my suspicion you can write the error off to buggy software. I'm guessing the verify EIN thing is for those folks that need to pre-register (those that are new etc...) That link was posted today, my guess is its not completely ready to go yet. Application period isn't open yet anyway, cant do any online work to grant app yet.
    Last edited by sdff1520; 02-23-2005 at 01:05 AM.
    Rick Gustad - Chief
    Platte Volunteer Fire Department
    www.plattevfd.com

MembersZone Subscriber

That's what it's for....new applicants. The guy at our workshop said they added that this year for new applicants so they wouldn't have to spend alot of prelim work once the grant period opens.

Forum Member

I followed the instructions and called the help desk. I was told that after they updated our info (no changes from the last 4 years) that they would un-lock our application for a March 7th start. Sounds to me like everyone has to call. Good Luck

Per help desk, everyone will be required to Verify their EIN before starting a 2005 application.

I suggest you get this taken care of now before the application period begins.

Forum Member

Default EIN Verification

See this site http://www.firegrantsupport.com/afg/...eregister.aspx

It specifically states that pre-registration is needed for NEW applicants. Also give a list of who need not verify.

MembersZone Subscriber

To help avoid confusion I think it needs to be stated that EIN Verification and Pre-Registration are two entirely seperate procedures. Only NEW applicants need to "PRE-REGISTER" however ALL applicants will be required to "Verify EIN"

Thats my take FWIW.
    Rick Gustad - Chief
    Platte Volunteer Fire Department
    www.plattevfd.com

Thread Information