Thread: BC79er

Forum Member

Question BC79er

We got the 1199a Link we got the questions we got the e-mail from fema saying they accepted our bank form. We are still waiting its been almost 4 weeksnow.

Forum Member

i'm not brian but from our award in 2004 i would think that you should here something from your congressman on thursday... and award on friday.. it was 4 weeks from time of questions to announcement...congrates to you...

MembersZone Subscriber

We have been waiting since 10-06-04 and still havent heard a word. So hope your turn around is faster than ours.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I know it sucks to hear "just wait a little longer" since you already have been feeling like a kid on Xmas Eve for 4 weeks. Well 4 months in Fahzy's case. Regardless, you're getting the dough. There has yet to be someone to get the 1199A, the questions, or both, and not get the dough. Taken back after finding out some fudge was involved, but still awarded nontheless.

4 months is on the long side, although there were some that did have to wait longer last year. I think 6 months was the longest. Usually in that case, the person sending the emails read the wrong line in the to be awarded list. They are listed in order of score from high to low, but they are not awarded that way. They vary the amount, type and region to not make it appear lopsided or get everyone's drawers in a bunch because only one state got awards this round. Not that anyone ever complains about the process... They do that just in case, let's say, 10 out of the top 15 scores are from Tennessee. Since they can't reveal the scoring methods, they only hand out a couple, and trickle the rest through later rounds. Even though everyone ought to know that in peer review, no one gets an app from anywhere near where they live, they still just want to avoid the appearance of any bias. Not that anyone ever jumps to conclusions without all of the facts either...

Default 4 Weeks and Counting!

I know the feeling folks. It was four weeks ago last Friday when we got the 1199A and we recieved the confirmation email regarding their acceptance of the 1199A Form but we still have yet to get any questions or anything else for that matter.

I must admit the Kid from Xmas Eve feeling went away about after 2 weeks, now I am so drained and quite frankly damn tired of checking my email!

I have finally come to the realization that maybe it will come and maybe it won't, but I refuse to sit back and drive myself nuts over it. One thing is for sure they have to tell those of left something soon because they say March is the last month for the 2004 awards.

Good luck to everyone still in the running. We should all know pretty soon.

Take Care and Stay Safe,
    Chief, Charles Fisher
    Carlisle County Rural Fire Department
    Carlisle County Rescue Squad

MembersZone Subscriber

Tough to wait isn't it. It took us roughly 3 months from time of 1199A and questions until award was finally posted. Every Friday morning....jump on web site and check awards posting ... nope ... And to make matters worse, that was during the time that they stopped making awardss for a few weeks while FP grants were due. Worth the wait! Who knows, maybe this week you'll find out?
    Rick Gustad - Chief
    Platte Volunteer Fire Department
    www.plattevfd.com

Default FINALLY!

Well after 4 weeks of waiting we recived our (QUESTIONS) this morning. To say the least they were answered and IMMEDIATELY SENT BACK!

Now, the waiting continues.... Just a matter of time.

Take Care and Stay Safe
    Chief, Charles Fisher
    Carlisle County Rural Fire Department
    Carlisle County Rescue Squad

Thread Information