Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fundraising

Forum Member

Default Fundraising

I am looking for some different ideas for fundraising- we have done pasta nights, car washes and candy sales. Does anyone do something out of the ordinary? We just did a fundraiser with Applebee's and made over $400 in one night. Our post is looking to raise over $1000 by June, anyone have ideas?

One thing my company did when we were looking to buy new wildfire gear was we went out to the fair grounds and set up a small obstacle course and a mini house with gas burners for kids to put out and we got all of our rigs out and we did some cpr stuff with them and charged people 5 dollars to get in. One of the guys i work with ownes a small resturant so he provided food and we got all dressed up in our turnouts and walked around asking for donations. A week after that we got a check in the mail for 5,000 dollars.
    Do what you have to do for everyone to go home
    Put the wet stuff on the red stuff

September 11th All gave some, some gave all Fever Forget!

Forum Member

Every year, we run a spook house during late october, and we make a killing.I think that we raised $1,500 last year.We used the cash to buy 5 new helmets and 5 pairs of gloves, and we had enough for a pizza party at x-mas.

Forum Member

This may not be a good idea for you, since you're looking to raise a specific ammount of money in a short period of time, but ever consider vending machines?

You can purchase a 6 or 8 selection manual vending machine for under 300 bucks used (think EBay)...or...better yet, contact a local vending machine company in your area and see if they have one of these old junkers to donate. Then hit your candy supplier or local Sam's Club to stock. They're manual, so they don't need to be plugged in. Smaller than a microwave they fit virtually anywhere and don't get in the way. Pure profit of 10 - 30 cents per candy bar (depending on what you charge) adds up quickly....especially in those busy houses with LOUSY cooks. We've all been there

Try Lil' Ceasars Pizza Kit's, we make anywhere from $500-$800 profit off of it. And if it works out right: within a few months people will be asking for another round of them.
    JLS
    MFC
    51 Pride - R.I.P. Sandy
    Alarm 200644004, I won't ever forget.

Remember you only have 1*.

IACOJ

Default Fundraising

Well my junior corps. program hosted our first Ziti dinner in March of 2004. We started with a profit because we had ticket sales prior to the dinner and families and friends bought from all people. We also had a raffle where we were wable to raise over $1,000 from both combine. When we went shopping for the food we had about 400 dollars from pre-sales and we bought enought stuff and we were able to start with a profit of about 200 dollars. Then we sold tickets at the door and it was a busy and fun night. As for our second one that is still to be determined. That dinner will be held next week and I hope that we do just as well if not better. One thing to mention if you are going to do a Ziti dinner advertise make signs and flyers. That is the best way to show people that you exists if they don' know that you do. Hope that helps anyone... It is alot of work but it pays off in the end...
    Eng # To firecom I have a 1 story wood frame structure with a man on the roof putting the fire out...

MembersZone Subscriber

You could always try painting house numbers on the curb of people's houses. Not only does it help them with guest, but if will help your Department in the future in case you need to find the house. It is right there on the curb. You could charge around 5.00 dollars or so depending on your area.

Live life to the fullest and learn all you can while you can.
    Nikon

Thread Information