Thread: metal testing

Forum Member

Question metal testing

i just finished the combat challenge for a local department and passed thank goodness. My big question is what to expect next as the next step is a psych test. i would gather that we are all mental for wanting this job but what are the questions like and anyone have any nugget hints to get me through.

Forum Member

An area of great concern is the psychological test. More agencies are using this test as part of the process. Unfortunately, Forty percent of candidates are not passing the psyche test! Imagine after all the education, experience and time preparing to get this job . . . and you're eliminated. Then no one will talk to you to find out what happened. I've talked to too many candidates who were devastated and didn't know what to do next. This is a critical part of the testing process you need to prepare for and pass the first time out.

You have been testing for three, five, or seven years to get a firefighter job. You are finally in the hiring process. Youíve made it through the background check. Then, youíre conditionally offered the job pending the medical which includes a psychological test. You take the test, no big deal right? Then the phone stops ringing. You are out of the process. You are told that you didnít meet the profile. What profile?

What do you mean I didnít meet the profile? Iíve got training, experience, education, every degree, certificate, merit badge, and a paramedic certification. Iíve been a volunteer, paid member of another department for 10 years, and lived and breathed this job. And, I donít meet the profile?

More agencies are using this test as part of the process. Unfortunately, Forty percent of candidates are not passing the psyche test! Imagine after all the education, experience and time preparing to get this job . . . and you're eliminated. Then no one will talk to you to find out what happened. I've talked to too many candidates who were devastated and didn't know what to do next. This is a critical part of the testing process you need to prepare for and pass the first time out.

More on the pscyh here: http://eatstress.com/psych.htm

Captain Bob

www.eatstress.com

dazed and confused

No, more info can be PURCHASED there.

Purchase the Gold Package and save $$$! It's everything you need for entry level firefighter to gain that badge!
    God Bless America! ē Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friendô ē Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Thread Information