MembersZone Subscriber

Question First time I've heard this

So I was talking to one of my salesmen the other day and we were talking about the grant program. We were talking about a neighboring departmment getting the questions and so forth. I made the comment that it seems like if you get the questions you are pretty much in the money.....well....

He went on to inform that a department in the area had actually receieved a call from Senator Grassley's office congratulating them on their award for a new brush truck. Apparently another salesmen from this guy's company had shown them a truck and it was exactly what they were looking for. So this fire chief called up the salesman and told him to get the process started because they wanted to be getting the truck bidded and ordered as soon as possible. Well anyway the fire chief called back the following day and said that he had just recieved a call from the grant office and apparently they had made a mistake and they were not going to get a grant after all because they had several trucks in their fleet that were too new.

As you can imagine, the chief is apprently pretty ****ed off. I do not know this chief or the department.

What would you do if this happend to you?

Forum Member

Sounds to me the chief counted his chickens before the eggs hatched.

Thread Information