Forum Member

Default So long Sipowicz

Well tonight is the last episode of one of my all time favorite shows, NYPD BLUE . I started watching from the begining and was immediately hooked. I am sure it was not a completely accurate portrayal of a NYPD detective Squad, but I found that the boundaries it broke were a testimate to what TV could and should be. They say this show would have never been considered for airing in todays climate of government censorship. I think its kind of a sad state of affairs that adults need to be treated like children. So heres a club soda toast to old drunk Andy. Tuesday TV just wont be the same.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Amen! Sadly have a meeting tonight so I will have to watch the tape later.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

I will be watching it for sure !!!!!
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

Ahh well, the end is in sight, but at least I have a few more series to enjoy over here.
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Forum Member

I have watched it off and on over the years, enough to pick up on most of the plot lines.

I watched the show last night and thought it was probably one of the best series finales I have seen. It wasn't corny, it was just like any other episode in the show, they get a "job" and start working it and just follow through it.

Final scene was well done, he just carries on his job. Most shows end pretty weakly, I thought both Cheers and Seinfeld ended kind of weakly trying to wrap up "loose ends."
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

so long old buddy
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Steve
    Proud member of the IACOJ
    SUA SPONTE
    "I've got no respect for any young man who won't join the colors."
    ~Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Forum Member

I haven't watched Blue regularly for a couple seasons now, but I did tune in last night and agree that it was very well done. I really liked the final scene with everyone coming into say goodnight (goodbye). Thought it was a very classy way to do it without either making a big deal of it or pretending like nothing was changing.

I also liked how they made Andy a bit more, shall we say, diplomatic as a boss without having him loose the old Sipowicz "charm".

Best scene though had to be the part where they were all at the murder scene and it comes out that Andy's the new boss. Clark's comment and Andy's comeback were priceless.
    Chris Gaylord
    Emergency Planner / Fire Captain, UC Santa Cruz FD

MembersZone Subscriber

was a great show...especially for a cop show. I'll miss it for sure.

So long to the 15th Pct.

Forum Member

Originally posted by martinm
    Ahh well, the end is in sight, but at least I have a few more series to enjoy over here.
    Hey, with that shower scene Sipowicz did a few years back, the end has been in sight for quite a while.

Now it should be time to premiere "FDNY Red"!
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Originally posted by EastKyFF

Hey, with that shower scene Sipowicz did a few years back, the end has been in sight for quite a while.
    You were looking at Dennis Franz's arse in that scene? I was concentratinr on Sharon Lawrences's bod!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    I was concentratinr on Sharon Lawrences's bod!
    Easy boy. You'll need a cols shower if you don't settle down.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 15th Squad to Central K

I've also been watching since the beginning. It was a great show and the last few episodes were truly outstanding. It was great to see Andy go out on top.

Blue was pretty much the only show other than Rescue Me that I watched religiously.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber

BTW, Alan Sepinwall's NYPD Blue site has some great stuff on there about the end of the series including a list of the best episodes, best interrogation scenes and a list of all of Andy's relatives they bumped off through the years.

http://www.stwing.upenn.edu/~sepinwal/nypd.html
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

Originally posted by me and DaSharkie

I was concentratinr on Sharon Lawrences's bod!

Easy boy. You'll need a cols shower if you don't settle down.
    I think we both need to go back to the remedial spelling while watching nude scenes on television course!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

District Chief

I will have to admit that I did not watch it all the time, but when I did, I really liked it. It was a great show. Too bad that more crimes are not solved that way. Perhaps is police work was more like it is depicted on that show, things would be better all over! Sad to see it go.

On a lighter note:
    I have become a "24" addict.....even dreamed that JAck Bauer called me to hire me as his Fire Protection Consultant.....gave me a gun and all kinds of spy gadgets!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

Originally posted by captstanm1
    I will have to admit that I did not watch it all the time, but when I did, I really liked it. It was a great show. Too bad that more crimes are not solved that way. Perhaps is police work was more like it is depicted on that show, things would be better all over! Sad to see it go.

On a lighter note:
    I have become a "24" addict.....even dreamed that JAck Bauer called me to hire me as his Fire Protection Consultant.....gave me a gun and all kinds of spy gadgets!
    24 rocks!
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

I'm so hooked on 24, I can only watch it when it comes our on DVD. I can not watch it on TV. The commercials and waiting a week between episodes drove to the brink of a mental breakdown with the suspense. So, now I watch the DVD set of each season when it comes out so I can stay up until 4am watching hour after hour at a time
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I LOVE 24!!! I'm always on the edge of my seat watching it! And ..... Kiefer Sutherland *drool*
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information