Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SCOTT Scout

MembersZone Subscriber

Default SCOTT Scout

Has anyone used this multi gas meter. My FD recently purchased three of these units that use alkaline batteries, 3 c cell. We seem to be going through batteries rapidly, and was wondering if anyone else has the same problem?

I guess the best thing to do for this is to buy some rechargeable Batteries, and keep themm charged and keep a pack of regular batteries in the case with it just incase.
    ???
    -Scott
    "Its the quiet people that change the world and the loud people who take the credit"
    9-11-01

We carry this same meter and have not had a problem with batt's running down fast like you describe. We check out every morning and of course we keep several sets of spare batts in the case we currently have 3 on my rescue/hazmat truck.
    A "Good" fire is not measured by how big it is, but by the fact that everyone is going home safe, and that we possibly learned something new about firefighting. Member:IACOJ

Forum Member

Default Scott Scout Meters

We have 4 between the 2 stations and haven't had any problems with batteries. 3 are rechargeable and 1 takes batteries.

Thread Information