MembersZone Subscriber

Default Interesting Political Article courtesy of my Friends at RightNation.US

Here's the difference between the left and the right.

Liberals talk, the Right does.

Being a liberal is intellectually and physically lazy.

They would rather give the money you worked for to someone else so they can feel better about themselves. Then have the gall to call you greedy. When it is they who are taking from you to give to others. That is the essence of greed.

They will bring up a host of social problems or ills and always prescribe but one and only one solution.............."The Government (insert cause DuJour here) needs to do something about this" is the cry. Not people, not individuals, not them. The collective.

Again, they don't have to do anything other than to get you to give them more money, remember you're the greedy one though.

The left loves unions because it follows the same theme. It doesn't reward hard work, merely showing up and time served sometimes even protecting poor workers from big bad evil corporations. Don't make enough? No problem, we'll shake down the corporation until you do, forget the market rate for labor. Teachers unions? Same sad song. Only this time it's money directly from tax payers because of course 11,000 per year per child is just not enough, it's a crisis and we're under funding our kids, after all, it' for the kids.

The only big business the left really loves are trial lawyers (And Hollywood but I'll get to that in a minute) why? Simple, again they don't have to lift a finger. Spill hot coffee on your crotch, not your fault, it's the evil corporation's fault and how dare they serve you hot coffee. Got liver cancer from drinking to much? Another victim is born. Please pay 2,000,000, do not pass go. Professional victims are never a product of their own decisions which is a recurring theme for the left. The lawyers are merely the Doberman protecting the pile of lazy bones.

Universities are the perfect place to grow and foster intellectual and physical laziness. Again, no action is required. Just being amongst the leftist echo chambers of almost every hall of academia is generally enough to cement the indoctrination. The only effort required here is that you must participate in protests declaring your own countries evil. Once and a while you will be required to make a sign and draw the swastika over your political oppositions face but then it's back to the quad for cappuccino. Don't worry, even the professors don't have to have the correct credentials, heck they can even be a plagiarist, as long as they say the right things.

Hollywood is the perfect embodiment for the left. It's a veritable dream world for the leftists. Fake hair, fake boobs, fake movie set towns and fake concern. Again, not much actual effort is required because you get to pretend to be anything you want to be. You can even pretend to know what you are talking about because after all you read the lines someone else wrote on paper. You get to pretend all day you're someone else, making you an instant foreign & domestic policy expert.

Then of course the most important of all aspect of leftist laziness.

World peace and human rights. This is the grand daddy of all acting jobs. By mere words you get to seem concerned. For years you'll have people believing you're committed to ending human rights abuses, tyranny and spreading freedom and the other guys are just well.....Nazis!. Naturally.

This is the easiest of all to pull off. You get to defer to the United Nations who is great at no action either with a few examples being. Srebrenica, Rwanda, Iraq, Somalia, Food for oil, raping the ones meant to be protected, covering up your buddies sexual misconduct and my personal current favorite, refusing to even call the genocide in Darfur genocide. When you can't even call that slaughter genocide you know you've reached the pinnacle in laziness. I mean the left is usually great at words but can't even summon the energy to call it what it is and then feign concern. To back up your cries of concern you'll need someone really committed to doing nothing like, France.

Then you get to use all of these forces mentioned to do, well, nothing. You get people to call for increasing foreign aid because we all know that's what causes terrorism, well that and the evil U.S that caused in the first place. You get to hit the campus and march using your stock Bush is Hitler sign. You get to have your ethnic study prof. call them all Eichmans. (notice an obsession with the Nazis by the left? Intellectual laziness?) reserve strength you'll need some back up. Calling all Hollywood actors! If their sound reasoning won't bring you around what will? And for the heavy guns they get to go directly to Europe and then or good measure the mother ship, the U.N.

All these together have accomplished what in the last 25 years? Think about it. They have done some great talking and sure can put a protest together like nobody's business. But what have they actually done? Well other than increase bureaucracy, the size of government and taken more money and freedom. That was a gimmie, but o.k. other than that, what?

In the mean time the right does. We work. In general take actions for our responsibility and actually encourage it in others, this is often confused with not caring. We create wealth by working, we just don't expect someone else who hasn't or won't work yet whom is able to pull their own weight to do so. In general we mean what we say. We actually beleive that someone's skin color shouldn't matter. The left makes it an instant virtue (see autovictimization) Reagan was laughed off as a moronic cowboy who was going to start ww3. In the end through action, he returned a nation to prosperity, rebuilt the military and brought down the wall without a shot. The left stood there in stunned silence. Then after a short period went right back to comparing Reagan to Hitler or a senile old dope.

As far as ending freedom and oppression the left usually defers to the U.N, Europe or groups like Amnesty International. Their list of accomplishments......(Insert Cricket noises here) Bush is of course a moronic cowboy who stole (another) election. He had the audacity to actually call North Korea, Iran and Syria part of the "axis of evil". The left gasped. Of course they love it when Dean called the right evil and KKK Byrd's Hitler comparison. (What is it about Hitler?) But nary a word for brutal dictators. They save those harsh words for the people actually freeing people. Why Bush that bellicose cowboy is going to enrage the Arab street! Boy did he, he enraged the common person who saw freedoms birth happening. He awakened an entire region to become active and do something and become enraged about the tyranny they'd been under for 300 years to actually do something. Again the left stands by offering biscuits of wisdom like "Wrong war, wrong place wrong time". The wall has fallen again and the left is reduced to a spectator. Their contribution other than some hoping for their own country to fail? Words, no action but words. At some point does the rest of the world notice how lazy they've become? Let's hope so. It will probably take someone on the right to point it out.
    Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Forum Member

The article fails to address one critical point.

The majority of the blue (liberal/lazy) states pay more in taxes than they receive at the Federal level. And the reverse is true of the red (conservative/working) states.

There isn't one red state that even comes close to being the economic powerhouse of CA. And we're supposedly one of the intellectually and physically lazy.

Yawn!!! More of the usual non-sense from a wacko right winger.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

This is why I think we need a Republicrat party. While I agree with some of what is written here, I disagree with some. Everything in moderation seems to work for me.

Should McRonald's be sued for hot coffee? No. Should House Depot be sued when a roto-tiller falls from the top shelf and maims a bystander? Yes. I respect Ronald Reagan, although I didn't agree with all his views...I don't respect Bill Clinton's morals, but I thought he was a pretty good President. My union does things to help me, that's a good thing to me. Not all unions are the same. I don't like seeing our Soldiers die...but I despise peace marches too. I think only Nazis are "Nazis". I feel men should marry women..and women should marry men...period. I think universities have done some amazing things in health care alone...I think that Churchhill guy is a jerk. I vote for Republicans and Democrats every year...ones that are too far left or too far right will NEVER get my vote. I think North Korea is part of the "Axis of Evil"...but I don't necessarily wish to whack that bee's nest with a ball bat. I disagree with NCLB. Hollywood...Ignore them and hopefully they will go away.

When the left and the right stop fighting each other and seriously work together like adults...much could actually be accomplished.

This is my perspective ...I'm not going to argue about it, just express it...for what it's worth.
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Forum Member

im from ms. one of the redest states of them all. just like scfire86 said, we are swimming in uncle sams handouts down here but yet we vote mostly conservative. the reason for this, i believe is that we have many, many, people "robbing from the till of society", but these are mostly people who do not vote. the same people who take the time to vote are the same people who take the time to get up and go to work in the morning. you are blessed to live in an area that may not have to see much of this and it may tend to "liberalize" your way of thinking because you dont have to see government recipeints every day. i work part time for a local ambulance service and part of my job is to fill out billing tickets. it is all too common that i have to fill in the unemployed section for people who are completly able to help themselves to a job but choose not to because they know that working people will pay their way for them. i carry this mentality with me each and every time that the polls open, but i strongly suspect that some of the same people that are too lazy to get a job are too lazy to show up and cast a ballot. just my opinion, not trying to start a mess or anything. hope we can all stay bros.

Forum Member

Lightbulb

Originally posted by StayBack500FT
    This is why I think we need a Republicrat party. While I agree with some of what is written here, I disagree with some. Everything in moderation seems to work for me.

Should McRonald's be sued for hot coffee? No. Should House Depot be sued when a roto-tiller falls from the top shelf and maims a bystander? Yes. I respect Ronald Reagan, although I didn't agree with all his views...I don't respect Bill Clinton's morals, but I thought he was a pretty good President. My union does things to help me, that's a good thing to me. Not all unions are the same. I don't like seeing our Soldiers die...but I despise peace marches too. I think only Nazis are "Nazis". I feel men should marry women..and women should marry men...period. I think universities have done some amazing things in health care alone...I think that Churchhill guy is a jerk. I vote for Republicans and Democrats every year...ones that are too far left or too far right will NEVER get my vote. I think North Korea is part of the "Axis of Evil"...but I don't necessarily wish to whack that bee's nest with a ball bat. I disagree with NCLB. Hollywood...Ignore them and hopefully they will go away.

When the left and the right stop fighting each other and seriously work together like adults...much could actually be accomplished.

This is my perspective ...I'm not going to argue about it, just express it...for what it's worth.
    [size=huge]BING-FREAKIN'-O [/size]

PS: that post is proof you have recovered from the stop sign incident!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

I am a "registerd" republican. But no politico is garunteed my vote.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

Default Re: Interesting Political Article courtesy of my Friends at RightNation.US

Originally posted by TillerMan25
    Universities are the perfect place to grow and foster intellectual and physical laziness. Again, no action is required. Just being amongst the leftist echo chambers of almost every hall of academia is generally enough to cement the indoctrination. The only effort required here is that you must participate in protests declaring your own countries evil. Once and a while you will be required to make a sign and draw the swastika over your political oppositions face but then it's back to the quad for cappuccino. Don't worry, even the professors don't have to have the correct credentials, heck they can even be a plagiarist, as long as they say the right things.
    So true...my campus made me sick during election time...

The post as a whole--I LOVE IT! I too disagree with some...but I think it's fair to say that I AGREE with about 95% of it...
    IACOJ

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap it if we do not lose heart."

Forum Member

Originally posted by Co11FireGal

...but I think it's fair to say that I AGREE with about 95% of it...
    What praytell is the lucky 5% you disagree with?

the 4-1-4

Originally posted by scfire86
    The article fails to address one critical point.

The majority of the blue (liberal/lazy) states pay more in taxes than they receive at the Federal level. And the reverse is true of the red (conservative/working) states.

There isn't one red state that even comes close to being the economic powerhouse of CA. And we're supposedly one of the intellectually and physically lazy.

Yawn!!! More of the usual non-sense from a wacko right winger.

I happen to live in a "blue state". We weren't blue by much though, by around 5,000 or so votes this time. Never the less still a blue state.
    In fact, if it wasn't for 2 urban areas Wisconsin would have been red by quite alot. One urban area is arguably as liberal as Berkely, CA, with basically no minorities living in that city. The other is a minority-majority city that recieves more in shared revenue, and has more individuals on welfare than the rest of the state combined.
    I point this out because there are many so-called "red people" in this "blue state" who happen to be doing the paying. That also debunk's your argument that the "blue people" are doing all of the work, and that the "red people" are taking all of the hand out's. The majority of any kind of aid, welfare or any other handout program goes to the working "blue people" in my state, which as I said before is blue.
    So again, the blue states may pay more per capita in taxes, but there are many people who are "red" inside of those blue states. Again you do need to look at all of the factors involved.
    For the record, the terms red and blue used in my post are referencing the "political maps" of the last presidential election. I want no confusing or thinking I was in any way inmplying any kind of racial slur, or degrading remarks. ( I am also tired of the liberal/conservative, or republican/democrat names being tossed around)

I don't believe anyone has ever questioned the economic impact of CA. California has almost 35 million residents, that state should have that strong of an economy. There are in fact very few "blue states" that have the economy of California. There are also many states that don't have the defecit problem that California has either.

Is this article non-sense? It's no more non-sense than your opinion is. The author took facts, just as you do, and spins them to benefit his/her viewpoint. Nothing wrong with that, you do it every time you post, that's why it's called an opinion. Non-sense? Hardly. When it becomes non-sense is when good debate turns into name calling or useless banter.
    Last edited by jasper45; 03-05-2005 at 11:50 AM.

Forum Member

The right-wing wacko version of who and what the American liberal is today is so out of touch it's pathetic. A very large segment of our society is constantly compared to a few people who live in Hollywood, or are "elites" in academia. This is ridiculous and without merit. Get a clue, people.
    Oh, yeah; try thinking for yourselves for a change, instead of letting Limbaugh and Hannity do it for you.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Webteam...

With the majority of discussions in the political nature lately, any chance of getting a separate section on the forums for just political banter? Like a subfolder of the "Off-duty" section?

Forum Member

Originally posted by jasper45

I happen to live in a "blue state". We weren't blue by much though, by around 5,000 or so votes this time. Never the less still a blue state.
    Actually, the margin was over twice that amount. But close nonetheless.

I'd like to see your source that shows the folks in the 'red' areas are carrying the load for the 'blue' areas.

Which facts are you talking about in this article?

Everyone talks about the spilled coffee case. But few know the facts behind it.

McD's kept their coffee at an abnormally high temperature. The coffee was kept at almost 200 degrees. Couple that with a flimsy lid and presto, at least first degree burns or worse in your lap. But everyone hears the bare basics and assumes it was a frivolous lawsuit.

I used to think the same when I heard these stories of legal torts. But until you know ALL the facts it is nothing more than hearsay.

And lastly. You're right. We do have a deficit in CA. But guess who our GOP Governor wants to bear the burden of balancing the budget.......Public Employees. Specifically, cops, firefighters, nurses and teachers. Whatta guy!!
    Last edited by scfire86; 03-05-2005 at 04:27 PM.

the 4-1-4

"Actually, the margin was over twice that amount. But close nonetheless."

--You are correct,the differance was 11,813 votes. The 5,000 came from the number of ballots that had no existing address to correspond with the name of the voter at the poll. That was my mistake.

"I'd like to see your source that shows the folks in the 'red' areas are carrying the load for the 'blue' areas."

--There is no specefic one source that I used, and I never said that it applied to every blue state. Your implication was that every person in every blue state is either a liberal or was a Kerry supporter. I was talking specefically about my state. With the results so close, there were 1.477 million votes for Bush/Cheney, or 49% of the voter turnout. My point was simply that the differance between my state beng blue or red was less than 1%. I guess I would characterize these people as "red". This is strictly off from the last election.
    I was only trying to point out that to say that the 'blue' is carrying the load of the 'red' is somewhat misleading. There are many so-called 'red' people helping the 'blue' people carry the financial burden of the 'red' states.
    I really don't care who is supporting who, since this is the United States, not just the Republic of California. We are all better off if we are all joined together, and as a nation have the number one economy of the world, rather than bragging that we are the 'sixth largest economy as a state'.

"Which facts are you talking about in this article?

McD's kept their coffee at an abnormally high temperature for two reasons. First, it lasts longer in the pot. Secondly, it was discovered that a higher temperature cut down on refills. The coffee was kept at almost 200 degrees. Couple that with a flimsy lid and presto, at least first degree burns in your lap. But everyone hears the basics and assumes it was a frivolous lawsuit.

I used to think the same when I heard these stories of legal torts. But until you know ALL the facts it is nothing more than hearsay."

--Not sure what your talking about here, I didn't address this issue in my post.

"And lastly. You're right. We do have a deficit in CA. But guess who our GOP Governor wants to bear the burden of balancing the budget.......Public Employees. Specifically, cops, firefighters, nurses and teachers. Whatta guy!!"

--Well I wasn't talking specefically about your governor, or any politician from your statefor that matter, but since you brought it up, who was governor at the time of your state's fiscal crisis?

Forum Member

"Which facts are you talking about in this article?

McD's kept their coffee at an abnormally high temperature for two reasons. First, it lasts longer in the pot. Secondly, it was discovered that a higher temperature cut down on refills. The coffee was kept at almost 200 degrees. Couple that with a flimsy lid and presto, at least first degree burns in your lap. But everyone hears the basics and assumes it was a frivolous lawsuit.

I used to think the same when I heard these stories of legal torts. But until you know ALL the facts it is nothing more than hearsay."

--Not sure what your talking about here, I didn't address this issue in my post.

The article mentioned the case I have since linked as an example of a victim mentality perpetrated by the intellectually and physically lazy left wing. All of which are myths.

"And lastly. You're right. We do have a deficit in CA. But guess who our GOP Governor wants to bear the burden of balancing the budget.......Public Employees. Specifically, cops, firefighters, nurses and teachers. Whatta guy!!"

--Well I wasn't talking specefically about your governor, or any politician from your statefor that matter, but since you brought it up, who was governor at the time of your state's fiscal crisis?

Matter of factly it was Gray Davis. A DEM. Who sought to balance the budget by reinvoking a tax he had ended a couple of years earlier. He was immediately met with a recall notice and the rest is history. Arnold has told everyone he was going to balance the budget and then did what all good GOP's do when faced with deficits. They BORROW the money. And as I pointed out, he is now trying to balance the budget on the backs of working people.

Forum Member

I wouldnt rush to call union members lazy. Doing my ride alongs with these departments I see these guys really earn there keep and are defently not "lazy"!
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

What this article really points out (along with Tiller's posting it) is the insecurities of conservatives.

The GOP controls the Presidency, both houses of Congress, and the Supreme Court. They won. Liberals lost.

Yet conservatives keep firing away. Others would be dancing in the street not caring what the other side says or does. But conservatives have to have a villain in order to maintain their sense of self worth.

Sad...sad...sad.

the 4-1-4

What this article really points out (along with Tiller's posting it) is the insecurities of conservatives.

The GOP controls the Presidency, both houses of Congress, and the Supreme Court. They won. Liberals lost.

Yet conservatives keep firing away. Others would be dancing in the street not caring what the other side says or does. But conservatives have to have a villain in order to maintain their sense of self worth.

Sad...sad...sad.

I disagree. I would hope that no one would be out dancing in the streets doing whatever. Someone has to make decisions, whomever is in power at the time is the final decision maker. Being in control is a statement from the people who elect our political leaders. It is not about shoving it down everyone else's throats; something evidently the left endorse's.
    What is sad is when one side continues to throw barbs, and shots and then claims it is the other side doing the 'provoking'.
    I have seen nothing but spite, and almost hatred spewed forth by many on the left.
    I have seen all kinds of criticism by the left, with very few alternative idea's. That is what is sad.
    Seeing people who arn't willing to work together, or point out how much they support the rest of the country financially is sad.

Forum Member

I disagree. I would hope that no one would be out dancing in the streets doing whatever. Someone has to make decisions, whomever is in power at the time is the final decision maker. Being in control is a statement from the people who elect our political leaders. It is not about shoving it down everyone else's throats; something evidently the left endorse's.
    I disagree with your disagreement.

If the right were interested in 'getting things done', they would be doing that instead of continually lobbing shots at the left. Which is what this Op Ed does. Why not lead by example? Wouldn't that be the best and most effective way of showing your position is correct? And that is not what is happening.

Forum Member

What praytell is the lucky 5% you disagree with?
    LOL, really there is nothing...I was just trying to appear at least a little objective.
    IACOJ

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap it if we do not lose heart."

Forum Member

Default C-SPAN

WHEW!! I feel like I'm reading a script off of C-SPAN or something.. but since I can't offer any political insight.. I can offer you my two favorite lines from the post...

To back up your cries of concern you'll need someone really committed to doing nothing like, France.
    You get to hit the campus and march using your stock Bush is Hitler sign.
    Sorry.. we now return you to your regularly scheduled debate.. already in progress.

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree with most of it, but I didn't write it. It was an Op-Ed Piece off of the website www.rightnation.us.

I just liked the tone of it, so I posted it. Personally I could care less what you think of me posting it scfire86. I think you and your buddy Nozz are both Turds anyway...

Forum Member

I just liked the tone of it, so I posted it. Personally I could care less what you think of me posting it scfire86. I think you and your buddy Nozz are both Turds anyway...
    Which only proves the point I made earlier.

Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

sc, you have no point. I found an op-ed piece that I thought was interesting. I never said initially that I agreed or disagreed with it. You could have commented on the article and left my name out of it, but you decided to align me with the article. Why did you do that? Because you can't attack the content with accuracy, so you attack me.

Why don't you go to the site I got it from and attack the author of it? Sometimes I think you are borderline Retarded.

Forum Member

but you decided to align me with the article.
    A. Because you posted the article.
    B. Read the title of the thread you started.
    C. Read your signature at the bottom of your posts.

MembersZone Subscriber

Dude, you are truly amazing. Like I said, I didn't write it and never said I agreed with it in it's entirety. Take it how you want, you are just looking to draw me into some pathetic excuse for a debate where you tell us all how great California is and how we are all sheep.

Save your energy Corky, I got no time to operate the lift on your short bus.

Thread Information