MembersZone Subscriber

Angry Child Killed by bullet meant for Firefighter

A small child has died after a Bullet aimed at Firefighters dealing with a House Fire in Scotland missed and hit the boy in the head.

A 34 year old Firefighter was also hit but no hurt. Shooting Firefighters is a growing craze in the UK following growing assaults and attacks on the Countries Firefighters over the past few years.

Unbeliviably this henious act was carried out by a 27 YEAR OLD MAN not a stupid kid playing with the air gun...

BBC Scotland News Link

This Country is Finished!!!
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

Forum Member

Angry

Being drawn and quartered is too good for this scumbag.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Child Killed by bullet meant for Firefighter

Last edited by StLRes2cue; 11-16-2005 at 10:28 PM.

Truckie

Justice Minister Cathy Jamieson said: "I want to tell the people of Scotland that we will look very, very closely at this incident and if there are any lessons to be learned then I will assure people we will learn them.
    "And I have to say to those who say that airguns aren't harmful - just look again at the pictures in your newspapers this morning and just read again the devastation to that family, and please think again."
    From thyis quote, I can fore-see a ban on pellet guns long before any form of stiffer punishment occurs...
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

MembersZone Subscriber

ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME !
    I'm afraid Not...

This is a problem in the Hundreds of Towns and Cities in the UK...a Firefighter was shot in the Shoulder whilt operating at a Shop & Dwelling Fire in Brixton, London a few weeks ago, (I posted it here)

Not only the Towns and Cities, it's also happening in rural areas...Crime & Disorder is escalating at an alarming rate over here.

Protectors or not, we are fair game over here.
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

Forum Member

This brings back memories of the days of civil unrest we had during the 60's and early 70's where firefighters in this country were shot at,and killed. It's just as much bu11$hit now as then. I have no use for those people and even feel they should be trapped inside a burning building, be recognised as a shooter, and be told since they want to shoot at firemen,they're going to have to get themselves out. After being hit with a halligan...P C my *****!

Forum Member

I was watching a video the other night about N. Ireland Fire Brigade and all that they have to deal with. They were showing all the damage done to their trucks by the Protestant/Catholics.. I'm talking about huge dents from bricks being thrown at them. I was really shocked to hear that they get attacked like this even while fighting the fires.. and not only that.. if they are out just to make sure everyone is safe, they've been attacked. Man that sucks for them.. we hear someone yell at us and we do a double-take.. shoot they're getting bricks,bullets,etc. shot at them. I hate to say it.. but we got it pretty easy compared to what they deal with..

MembersZone Subscriber

Protectors or not, we are fair game over here.
    He was such a beautiful child. What a tragic sad story Steve. I cannot comprehend what would possess someone to shoot at a firefighter. You really have to wonder about society today. I am sitting here shaking my head in disbelief. I hope the politicians are doing more than just throwing out words.

And I agree CaptGonzo.

MembersZone Subscriber

Northern Ireland have it particularly bad...especially during 'Marching season' Factions from both sides of the Community attack Fire Crews with alarming regularity...

Interstingly, I went onto the BBC website and typed in 'Firefighter Attacks'...it came back with 40 pages of results!!!
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

Forum Member

Default lost for words

if the country has or is becoming lawless and the risk factors are only componded by the addition of being shot at as a firefighter, it's time to start protecting our own! we opperate with fast/rit engines in the US to help protect or rescue our ff's when the sh#t hits the fan, maybe it's time you start responding with a security/kick as# eng. with the necessary specialized tools to preform swift mitegation and maintain the safety of the firefighters!!!!!!! it sounds like personal ropes,how many of our brothers do we have to lose before the powers to be step up to the plate and do whats right? don't hold your breath,you'll add to the numbers! a stright bore tip up someones a#$ on a 2 1/2 line sounds like a good start!
    stay alert and be safe!!!!!!! maby we should be issued vests instead of ropes?

helping people,
    it's what we do!
    capt.Dennis
    Last edited by maximumflow; 03-06-2005 at 08:42 PM.

Forum Member

Originally posted by SteveDude
    Northern Ireland have it particularly bad...especially during 'Marching season' Factions from both sides of the Community attack Fire Crews with alarming regularity...

Interstingly, I went onto the BBC website and typed in 'Firefighter Attacks'...it came back with 40 pages of results!!!
    Yea, that's what they were talking about "Marching Season..." They also had something about 3 young Protestant brothers who died when an arsonist Catholic set their house on fire.. that's too tragic.

MembersZone Subscriber

it's time to start protecting our own! we opperate with fast/rit engines in the US to help protect or rescue our ff's when the sh#t hits the fan, maybe it's time you start responding with a security/kick as# eng.
    Trouble is Max'flow there is a serious case of don't give a F**K about us Firefighters.... especially after the 2002/3 pay dispute...apart from a few Govenment people occasionally shouting against attacks on Crews then I guess they are s******ing at us.

Damn they can'r even protect innocant members of the public let alone us...and you know with all of the hand wringing liberals what would happen to us if we ever 'hit back'

Our Principal managers are so in fear of the politicians that they will not act, apart from a few 'Youth inclusion/Training schemes' nothing gets done. No Chief Fire Officer has yet to be brave enough to really tackle the problem.
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

MembersZone Subscriber

What a terrible terrible tragedy I'm at a loss for words to say much more.
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

Forum Member

Damn they can'r even protect innocant members of the public let alone us...and you know with all of the hand wringing liberals what would happen to us if we ever 'hit back'
    When you hit back, you do it with extreme force to prove a point. The irony is the MP's that are woerried about this would be the first to call for stricter enforcement of the law should they be the victim of the crime.

Your "liberals" are a lot like ours....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

District Chief

It is very sad...... The things people do in today's world amaze me....
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

My Lt.’s line is “we carry band-aids not bullets”. Might be time to rethink that motto.

Forum Member

This is getting to be a sick world. Only hope it can change.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Forum Member

Angry bullets at ff's

hey steve,

my heart goes out to you guys for the sh#t you have to deal with!! maby your union/ managers should do a study on the cost of injuries due to being shot at and the down time from getting back to work. the fact that this only increases over time,the cost of insuring the crews,medical benifits and the stress related problems associated with looking over your shoulder cost twice as much as a raise!! were's their logic? it also sounds like your chiefs and officers don't give a f#$k about their firefighters, i thought your safety was # 1 ?? maby that 2 1/5 stright bore tip needs to be redirected up some other buts! better yet have the politicans due ride alongs in turnouts and take pot shots at them and you'll see how fast things change. be safe dude we can't afford to lose any more!!!!!!!!!!!

helping people,
    it's what we do!
    capt.Dennis

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks Bro,
    They are very supportive words, I am an Officers rep for the Union, along with the Firefighters side we are pushing this hard in London as are those in other Regions of the Union in the UK.

I fear as usual it will take a death or a serious injury where the Fire Authority have to pay out £$£$£$ before anyone acts. Us on the ground can go and *&^$ ourselves until we start costing them money!!!

I am also one of the only Senior Officers in London certainly who takes the problem seriously, having been a Station Offocer sitting on the front after 9/11 when the attacks (from the islamic gangs) reached fever pitch I was determined when I got the ADO job (BC) that I would help. We have seen things improve greatly over the past few years in our area but it was all work at local level with local Police intellegence units etc. The Principal Chiefs at HQ were busting my balls and that of my boss the Borough Commander for going against 'protocol'.....F*** Protocol!!!!

On November 5th 2001 My Station handled 55 calls, the Borough (6 Stations) had just about 200 calls. Fire Crews from across London were drafted in, at one point we had trucks from 9 other Stations on my Station's (Poplar) Ground.

There were numerous attacks on Fire Crews, a couple were hospitalised and 1 retired with a perforated ear drum. Lat November 5th, I had moved to another Borough a few days before, but I stayed on to get 'Bonfire' season out of the way. We had the Station down to around 23 calls for the night...and across the Borough it was below 100. The Police haad patrols out looking at some of the areas where the gangs operate and we had no attacks.

This is a one off for Bonfire time becuase of the high amount of fires and violence, but this takes months to plan and gets grudging permission now from HQ....Why can't we have this protection all of the time!!!!
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

Sr. Information Officer

Post And then there's this....accidental shootings

CHINO, Calif. (AP) - A firefighter responding to an emergency
    call was shot in the leg Friday night by a man authorities say
    apparently mistook him for a burglar.
    The firefighter, whose name was not released, was listed in
    stable condition at Lake Arrowhead Medical Center.
    "He's going to make a full recovery, eventually," said police
    Lt. Russ Calverley.
    The firefighter and his colleagues had responded to a report of
    a fire at a home in Chino around 6:30 p.m. When no one answered the
    door, they forced their way inside.
    "The home owner is woken up out of his sleep. He thinks his
    house is getting broken into and shoots the fireman in the leg,"
    Calverley said.
    The resident, whose name was not immediately released, was
    arrested for investigation of assault with a deadly weapon.
    Calverley said it appeared a floor heater was on fire but
    authorities were still investigating.

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Forum Member

Default And then there's luck...

TACOMA, Wash. (AP) -- A woman being carried out of a burning house put a gun to a firefighter's head and pulled the trigger repeatedly but was out of bullets following the shooting death of her boyfriend, police say.

The woman, in her late 50s, was hospitalized for treatment of smoke inhalation Monday. Once she is released she will be jailed for investigation of first-degree murder and two counts of assault, officer Mark Fulghum said.

Police and fire investigators said she apparently tried to set fire to the house in a suicide attempt after the shooting of her longtime boyfriend, 65.

There was no known history of domestic violence between two or any obvious motive, at least ''nothing she's mentioned,'' Fulghum said. ''It kind of doesn't make a whole lot of sense.''

Lighter fluid, white gasoline and charcoal starter were poured throughout the 1½-story house and ignited before fire crews were dispatched shortly before 5 a.m., but the fire never spread much beyond the kitchen, Deputy Fire Chief Ronald W. Stephens said.

Matt Carlisle, 28, said that as he and two other firefighters entered the smoke-filled house, they heard ''three distinct popping sounds'' which he thought were from exploding light bulbs. Investigators now believe the sounds were gunshots, Fulghum said.

Carlisle said he could see barely three feet as he and another firefighter began trying to carry the woman and her dead boyfriend, whom they did not know had been shot, out of a basement bedroom.

Suddenly, he said, ''There was a commotion going on next to me, a struggle between all my crew members and the (woman) ... hands and arms flailing about.''

Then Carlisle learned that another firefighter, Damon Semingson, wrestled a handgun from the woman after she put it to his head and pulled the trigger repeatedly. He saw the gun, which was out of bullets, in the beam of another firefighter's flashlight.

''Obviously, it kind of makes me take a step back and realize how lucky I am - and how lucky I am to have a crew member like Damon, who realized the threat and acted on it without really any regard for his own safety,'' he said. ''I kind of dodged the proverbial bullet.''

This world is just getting too sick.. you can't even risk your own life to save someone else.

MembersZone Subscriber

My God...isn't that your worst Nightmare....someone was sure looking down on them Boys...
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

Thread Information