Forum Member

Default Preplanning Warm-Up

I am going to start soon on a committee to preplan in my departments' district; I have an idea as to what I need to be considering/thinking going into this process. But I was wondering if you all could help me out and give me stuff I might not get.

Thank you for the replies, anything is a help. I just want to make sure I do not walk into this completely clueless. This is a learning process all the same but I want some knowledge before hand.
    JLS
    MFC
    51 Pride - R.I.P. Sandy
    Alarm 200644004, I won't ever forget.

Remember you only have 1*.

IACOJ

Forum Member

I don't know how elaborate or how extensively you plan on pre-planning. What is the purpose of the committee? To decide what needs pre-planned or who is gonna do it?

My main recommendation is to split up the tasks but do not assign any single location to more than 1 person or crew. Most people will not automatically be able to pick up where others have left off. Have the same people working on the same plan beginning through end. Whats ironic is when they are done, they won't need it - they'll know it!
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member

The committtee is to pre-plan for some commercial structures in my departments district.
    JLS
    MFC
    51 Pride - R.I.P. Sandy

IACOJ

Forum Member

Default Re: Preplanning Warm-Up

Originally posted by FiftyOnePride
    I am going to start soon on a committee to preplan in my departments' district; I have an idea as to what I need to be considering/thinking going into this process. But I was wondering if you all could help me out and give me stuff I might not get.

Thank you for the replies, anything is a help. I just want to make sure I do not walk into this completely clueless. This is a learning process all the same but I want some knowledge before hand.

I think that IFSTA has a publication on inspections, which includes pre fire planning in a chapter. It may, if my old memory serves me correctly, has a sample form and things to look for.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Thanks, I will be looking around for it.
    JLS
    MFC
    51 Pride - R.I.P. Sandy

IACOJ

Thread Information