Default Masters of Science Executive Fire Service Leadership Degree

Get your Master of Science Executive Fire Service Leadership Degree
    from Grand Canyon University's Online Degree program and take advantage of an exciting degree program that involves providing the student with an understanding of strategic management principles relevant to commanding and managing incidents involving major fire, life, and property loss. This is one course among many that directly relate to all aspects of Fire Service Leadership.

http://www.gcu.edu/cobps/programs/gr...sefsl_home.htm

Great for those who have completed or are in the process of taking courses from the National Fire Academy's Executive Fire Officer School. We will transfer into the Master Program up 16 graduate level credits.

We are fully accredited through North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.

For more information please contact me (Tonia Shaw) by email: Tonia.Shaw@mastersonline.comcalling direct to 1-866-829-6609. Feel free to click on this link http://www.gcu.net/psaemail3/ your info will be sent directly to me and I would be glad to give you a call.

For those who do not have their Bachelor Degree, we also have a degree that is in the Public Safety field called the Bachelor of Science in Public Safety Administration which is a perfect degree for those students who want to solve management problems, fine-tune strategic plans, enhance human resource potential and learn more about the traditional police and fire service model to the more proactive leadership management model. Minimum requirements are a working adult age 25 or older, Associates Degree or equivalent (approximately 64 credits).

All of our programs qualify for Title IV Federal Funding (Stafford Student Loans).

Classroom Benefits:

1. 100% Online
    2. Flexible Schedule, attend class 24/7
    3. Small Class Sizes, 15 to 20 students
    4. Ken Blanchard College of Business

Again, please call me as soon as possible to get enrolled!

Tonia Shaw
    Enrollment Counselor
    Grand Canyon University
    Toll Free 1/866-829-6609
    Direct 602-474-9969
    Fax 480-718-7811
    Last edited by tashaw; 04-05-2005 at 11:26 AM.

Thumbs up Grand Canyon's Masters Program

I just thought I would share my experiences. I am currently enrolled in the Masters of Science in Executive Fire Service Leadership program at Grand Canyon University. It's been an awesome experience with my busy schedule, and I still receive a quality, accredited education.

I am a victim of a diploma mill. This is a completly accredited masters program, taylored specifically for the fire service.

This is my 30th. year in the fire service, and quite honestly, if it weren't for Grand Canyon University, I would't consider furthering my education just because I don't have time to attend a traditional college. Their staff is great and their instructors are very encouraging.

At Grand Canyon University, it's totally on-line. It's the wave of the future, jump on board!

Pat Dennen
    Assistant Fire Chief
    San Bernardino County Fire Department
    California

Permanently Removed

Default Program question.

Chief Dennen- I have two simple, but serious questions
    regarding your attendance in the program. Have you found
    yourself applying what you have learned from the program
    right away to the workings of your position?

Or is it more of giving you the resources and the tools to use
    in the future? Or both?

Do the Instructors have past fire service backgrounds?

Thank you.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 04-08-2005 at 04:19 PM.

Default Answer to your Questions

Question? Have you found
    yourself applying what you have learned from the program
    right away to the workings of your position?

Yes. The class I am currently enrolled in Public Sector Ethics. It offers a unique look into differnt views of morality and ethics as it applies to the fire service. It has also enhanced my reading and writing skills. We are currently writing an APA research project pertaining a current event of an ethicthical issue in a public service agency. That alone has caused me to look at similuar issues within our own department. The program is giving me tools to apply now. They will have great value in the future, but it's paying huge dividens now.

Second question? Do the Instructors have past fire service backgrounds? In most cases, I would say yes. The current class, no. But in his defense, he's doing an awesome job. Ethics apply to all vocations, and the principals of ethics and morality apply regardless of job title or career path. He's doing a great job of interation with all the students. Great Program! I encourage it to anyone looking to suceed.

Permanently Removed

Default Thanks...

Chief- Thanks for the response back.

Thread Information