Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Training in the ohio area

Hello, I am a firefighter (240) emt in northeastern ohio...I am wondering if anyone knows the where, when, or how of any technical rescue courses in my area (I am willing to travel to the academy again, took my 240 and basic there). My goal is to become a technical rescue expert (love the stuff from what I have been exposed to) such as complex extrication, wildland SAR and firefighting, water rescue (includeing ice water, swift water, ect), trench rescue, confined space, the list is quite long really. Any advice on where I might pick up a course and what I can do to improve my chances of getting into said course would be awesome.

Try this website for the state fire school in May at the Bowling Green State University in NW Ohio, this is an excellent fire school with several classes that might fit your needs.

www.fireschool.org

Forum Member

Thanx...this link is awesome, never thought about bowling green, I thought the only state academy was in columbus...any more that would be more local, I am still tryin to pay off my debts from fire academy.

Wayne County Regional Fire School is the last weekend in September near Apple Creek, Ohio. The classes have not been finalized yet, check at Wayne Co. Regional Fire School for updates.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

Thumbs up BIG RIG RESCUE offered...

A BRR-1 course will be offered in Hubbard during June. LOTS of hands-on with mixer & tanker overturns onto autos, van trailer underrides and MUCH MORE. Fundamentals of winching will be included with actual winching calculations. A very comprehensive handout will be provided for each student, and the attendance is very limited. This will ensure MAXIMUM HANDS-ON for each person. For details, please email Ed Castner at ecastner@aol.com or call 330.534.3228.
    Developer and Sr. Presenter, Team Xtreme
    BIG RIG RESCUE

Thread Information