Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Let's pull together, everyone please read!!!

I have been hangin' around here since Jan. 2003. This is the best sight that I have seen for public safety information, and just meeting people from different parts of the world in our proffesion. I had been away in basic training and when I came back one of my firefighters told me that Firehouse chat had been shut down. What??? When I came back home, I was looking forward to chatting with everyone. Where is everyone now? I feel lost.I read the explanation when I tried to log in and it's understandable. But why punish everyone when a few immature idiots come into the chat room. We had an occasional run-in with one of these people when we were chatting, and if you ignore them, they would simply leave. I do most of the training at our fd, and if I ever had a question, I could log into the chatroom and get alot of useful information, or just see how everyone was doing in different parts of the world. There should be some way to weed these people out so we can still have a quality chatroom where other respectable people from our proffession can chat, and share knowledge and ideas. So everyone, let's pull together like we would any other time, and try to talk the fine Firehouse moderators into opening the chatroom back up so we can visit with everyone again. Please post any comments or suggestions to help get the chatroom back.

Thanks,
    K. Prater Middlecreek asst. Chief
    If ya' ain't gonna run it wide open, don't start it up!

Unhappy Yo...

Its been down for awhile bro. I dont think its coming back.
    Sorry.

In my opinion, I think it was Mini-Me's fault. He might
    be to blame. But I am the only one who feels this way.

-Bou

MembersZone Subscriber firepimp's Avatar

I belive they should bring chat back , and since they say they do not have the help of enough staff to regulate rooms make it accesable to suscribers , or maybe only 1 chatroom public and the others for suscribers and also , have a few volunteers , from people like us be moderators , and also have an ignore button things of that nature there is so much they can do to help regulate chat. Hopefully they can read this and use a few ideas from it I dunno try a little instead of giveing up fire house techs thanks.
    " We are not extraordinary people , we are people caught in extraordinary situations. " Chapter 1 IFSTA Manual

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Default Re: Let's pull together, everyone please read!!!

Originally posted by mcfdasstchief
    This is the best sight that I have seen for public safety information, and just meeting people from different parts of the world in our proffesion.
    The webteam has made it clear that the CHAT area is gone for good. You can still enjoy the informative posts and discussion here in the Forums.

NJFFSA16
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Actually, if you go to interact and click on live chat, they do say it's possible the chat room will re-open some day to paid subscribers.

Exclamation

We don't need a chat room. The WEB team said NO! I agree with them.

If you feel that you need to be in a chat room, then go to AOL, MSN or YAHOO and sign up and in and chat your selfs silly!

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

When are you people going to get over it??????? CHAT is gone. Deal with it and move on. There are countless other websites out there that will let you chat. Go to one of those sites and set up your own private room or something, then post something on here with passwords so if people want to go there and chat they can.........

Or start your own website and you can control what goes on........

The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber FireCritic's Avatar

Default bring back the chat

I never used the chat room, however I would like to someday. So I agree bring it back. Let some of us moderate. We can seperate the men from the boys.

Well, a couple of you all don't get it. This chatroom was actually helpful when you needed it to be. You didn't have to wait forever for a reply to something, and people actually helped one another. I realize there's other chatrooms, but they're filled mostly with idiots and wannabes that think they know it all.

What?? Over 600 veiws and only 7 replies!! Come on y'all let's hear some opinions.

Originally posted by mcfdasstchief
    Well, a couple of you all don't get it. This chatroom was actually helpful when you needed it to be. You didn't have to wait forever for a reply to something, and people actually helped one another. I realize there's other chatrooms, but they're filled mostly with idiots and wannabes that think they know it all.
    THen I guess you just don't get it....... The chatroom was closed because of those same idiots and wannabes that think they know it all..... That's why you go create a chatroom and make it private........ The only people that get in are the ones you give the password to......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

This is what the WEB Team has said about chat rooms.

webteam
    Administrator

LOL. A petition wouldn't do anything other than make us even more annoyed by the thought of a chat room

Sorry folks ... traffic is up 40% since we dropped the chat room ... LOL ... of course only 0.04% of the people ever went there, so not sure there is a direct correlation ... might have something more to do with content instead of chatter

Be safe!
    WebTeam

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-28-2005 12:50 AM

What part of this, can't you NOT understand????

Go to www.american-firefighter.com

left hand side says firefighter chat

Thread Information