Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Inno-tex turnouts

My department is looking at purchasing new gear and one of the local dealers, who is a career guy from another town, recommended the Inno-tex. It looks like pretty good gear. The stuff we're lookin at has an outer shell made of PBI/Kevlar, thermal liner is Xtra-lite 7.5, and moisture barrier is RT1700. They are manufactured in Canada. Anybody had any experience with this stuff? Any inputs appreciated. Thanks guys and/or gals.

Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Somehow we ended up with 2 or 3 suits of Inno-Tex. Really can't say anything bad about it.
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

My main set of gear is Inno-Tex (somehow I ended up as a guinea pig). I cannot say anything bad about it other than it takes longer to break in than any other set of gear i've ever used. Other than that, I have not had a bit of problem out of it, no steam burns, no rips, tears, fades or fraying after 3 years of thorough "testing."

Forum Member

Funny - never heard of the stuff - FF715 do you have any links to this site?
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

Forum Member

Default Here's the link.......

http://www.innotex.ca/

The dealer told us that this stuff is has been around for a while, but not many people know about it. I know nobody around here(NC Iowa) has it. The chief is stuck on Morning Pride but the rest of want to try something new, O the joys of trying to change the chiefs mind.

Has anyone else had any experience with thi s gear since the last post? We are looking at it and haven't heard much about it........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Thumbs up

We recently purchased 25 sets of the Inno-Tex gear and so far we absolutely love it. Granted we donít see a lot of fires, but I use it while instructing and have been in some pretty hot burn building fires. We were told that an engineer for Securitex started Inno-Tex, but Iím not sure if thatís true or not.

Thread Information