Thread: Half-masting

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Arrow Half-masting

I know that some of how this is written wont make a lot of sense... but here it is.....(its an excerpt from an official message we received this morning:

UNCLAS COS J3 3023

SUBJECT: HALF MASTING - DEATH OF RCMP OFFICERS - ALBERTA

REFS: A. CFAO 61-4
    B. CANADIAN HERITAGE EMAIL 08 MAR 05

1. FURTHER TO OUR PREVIOUS NOTIFICATION, FLAGS ON ALL FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS AND ESTABLISHMENTS ACROSS CANADA, INCLUDING THE
    PEACE TOWER, NOW FLYING AT HALF-MAST, WILL REMAIN AT HALF-MAST UNTIL
    SUNSET ON SATURDAY, 12 MARCH 2005 - THE DAY OF THE LAST FUNERAL OF
    THE RCMP OFFICERS WHO DIED WHILE ON DUTY ON 3 MARCH 2005.

2. THIS MESSAGE DOES NOT APPLY TO SHIPS AT SEA.

3. QUESTIONS MAY BE DIRECTED TO THE NATIONAL DEFENCE COMMAND CENTRE
    AT (613)945-5551

From what I have been hearing on the news, there will be quite the delegation from more than just local and Canadian LEO's. I have heard US and possibly UK representatives may be present as well.

Rest in Peace my Brothers.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy

May your brothers rest in eternal peace.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Thousands of police will attend memorial

CanWest News Service March 10, 2005

Thousands of police officers across North America will pay their respects today to four of their own who were killed in the line of duty last week in Alberta.

From small tributes in community halls to a massive memorial in Edmonton, RCMP officials say it's important for their members to mourn alongside the families of the four junior constables who were gunned down on a rural property.

Of the 11,000 people who are expected to attend today's service at the University of Alberta, about half will be RCMP officers, estimates Fraser. Hundreds of regional police -- some from as far away as St. Paul, Minn. -- as well as emergency medical technicians and firefighters are also expected to attend.

Prime Minister Paul Martin will join Gov. Gen. Adrienne Clarkson and Alberta Premier Ralph Klein in speaking at the event, which is to honour RCMP constables Peter Schiemann, 25, Anthony Gordon, 28, Leo Johnston, 32, and Brock Myrol, 29. The officers were shot last Thursday while conducting an investigation at a farm near Mayerthorpe, Alta., about 130 kilometres northwest of Edmonton. The gunman, James Roszko, then turned his weapon on himself.

The streets surrounding the university will be flooded with scarlet at noon Pacific time as thousands of uniformed Mounties march to the Butterdome, a large recreation facility usually reserved for sporting events, said Jacqueline Varga, the facility's associate director of events. CBC will broadcast the event.

Times Colonist (Victoria) 2005
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Thanks Malahat I was wondering when to raise the flags!

Very moving ceremony yesterday - I feel for the families. May our brothers rest in peace!
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

Thread Information