Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    MembersZone Subscriber

It's amazing how some of you pick at this movie, but not at Backdraft. Backdraft was accurate that Chicago doen't use bunker pants, i'll give it that. Other than that it should be a field day to nit pick at it.

Only saw 49 once, thought it was well done. About the solo searches...I was told that is how they do that at that location(Boston or baltimore, can't remember off hand right now). However if someone from the area would be able to confirm or deny that, please do.

It is hollywood. How many of you watch(ed) baywatch? Good entertainment, but horrible interpretataion of how rescues are done! But then again it wasn't about the rescues.
    An education is only wasted when the taught individual chooses not to recognize the value of the lesson.

I didn't really care much about the things that where wrong, but now that I think about it, the biggest one that gets me is when CHIEF Travolta is going over the plans for the building..... his plan of attack is to go through the manufacturing floor get Jack from the control room, then take a back hallway out..... if the manufacuring floor had heavy fire load, why didn't they just try the back hall next rather than give up?? or why didn't they just try it first if there was so much debre in the way?

Looks like Johnny should go back and take Tactics and Planning again before the sequal....

On a side note, what was with the UFO at the end of ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN... I mean, I was right there with the plot up to that point....
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

MembersZone Subscriber

Stopped picking at Backdraft when this movie came out.

If you want we can talk about how unauthentic Gods and Generals was.
    Thanks
    DM

Originally posted by MacInnis
    Stopped picking at Backdraft when this movie came out.

If you want we can talk about how unauthentic Gods and Generals was.
    Yeah, like JEB Stuarts' beard, what a rug job

Forum Member

Originally posted by JorieH
    It is hollywood. How many of you watch(ed) baywatch? Good entertainment, but horrible interpretataion of how rescues are done! But then again it wasn't about the rescues.
    So wait, drowning victims don't spring back to life after a few puffs of air and chest compressions?! Oh no, my whole sense of reality has suddenly been cruely crushed to death right in front of me!

I definitely liked Baywatch Hawaii most...Brooke Burns, and that Australian chick....mmmm-mmmm, now that's wholesome family television right there!

Forum Member

Default Re: Ladder 49 Things wrong or incorrect.

Originally posted by firepimp
    I love watching movies and noticeing things wrong with them or out of place. Heres a place to post a few things you might have noticed wrong about some stuff in the movie.

1. During a forward lay a firefighter stood on the hose instead of wrapping it around the hydrant and then stepping on it.

2. No nose cups in the scba masks.

3. During cpr on the one girl he saved around christmas time , they were doing 5 to 1 compresions ?? she was like 13 or older I thought.

4.Only one firefighter at times going in.

Theres a few of mine.
    1. I was taught never to wrap a hydrant. A firefighter in our area many years ago suffered serious leg injuries when a coupling snagged in the hosebed and the hose unwrapped from the hydrant. I've also seen people bust their !@# from standing on the hose.

2. Lots of people don't use nosecups in the Scott masks, especially in the south where temperatures are warmer.

3. I was taught 5-1 compressions for two-rescuer CPR.

4. One firefighter going in, for a confirmed victim you sometimes take risks that would otherwise be unacceptable.

I'm glad you're not watching me on the job!

It's not that we don't like the movie. Hollywood could never make a completely realistic fire service movie because no one wants to see a black screen with a glow, so dark you can't even see your hand. It's just fun to see what things the "experts" missed.
    9/11/01 D.C. Joseph "Uncle Joe" Marchbanks
    Battalion 12
    Heaven In Harlem

Tim
    CFD #143

MembersZone Subscriber

Lightbulb

Its amazing how many repeat posts there are for a thread that all think is nuts!
    Including myself DOOOOP

MembersZone Subscriber

I can't believe I read this whole thing.

But since I did...going back to an early post about 'no SCBA in hazardous environment (steam burn scene)'...I'm guessing there are a few departments (nobody here, of course) that may not use full PPE and SCBA when responding to a 'smells and bells' call.

As far as surviving that fall...every once in awhile, you hear of a skydiver whose chute doesn't open, and they survive the impact. I guess it could happen. Gotta hurt like heck, though.

And, I'm ashamed to admit, I noticed the amount of beer in her glass changed too. Sorry. I just feel dirty, now.

Thread Information