MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ladder 49 Things wrong or incorrect.

I love watching movies and noticeing things wrong with them or out of place. Heres a place to post a few things you might have noticed wrong about some stuff in the movie.

1. During a forward lay a firefighter stood on the hose instead of wrapping it around the hydrant and then stepping on it.

2. No nose cups in the scba masks.

3. During cpr on the one girl he saved around christmas time , they were doing 5 to 1 compresions ?? she was like 13 or older I thought.

4.Only one firefighter at times going in.

Theres a few of mine.
    " We are not extraordinary people , we are people caught in extraordinary situations. " Chapter 1 IFSTA Manual

Forum Member

Default Re: Ladder 49 Things wrong or incorrect.

Originally posted by firepimp
    that was done so you could see the actor's faces. if the nose cups were there, you wouldn't be able to who was who

and it's made for entertainment, not a training video. take it for what it's worth
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

This guys kidding right???

MembersZone Subscriber

haha I cant tell. oh man oh man. be safe

MembersZone Subscriber

If you pause it on fram 1323-6 you can clearly see that the poor guy is hooking up a hose without lining up the higbee indicators.....also if you pause it on the shot of the captains desk you can see on one of his papers that the word "I" is mispelled.

MembersZone Subscriber

Alright....this guy has got to be kidding ...right?

Congrats! For starting a thread on what is wrong with Ladder 49 and quoting the IFSTA Manual you have officially been awarded the WHACKER gold star for the month of March. No other applications will be accepted until the contest reopens on April 1st.

Please continue to check your mail for the next 2 to 3 weeks for your signature blue light, and a free belt badge clip that you can wear 24 hours a day on all your clothes...whether you are at your FD or not!

AS for the topic of this post regarding what is wrong with Ladder 49....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Dang it, I knew I forgot my rug when I left.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by BC79er
    Dang it, I knew I forgot my rug when I left.

Forum Member

Question Re: Ladder 49 Things wrong or incorrect.

Originally posted by firepimp
    I love watching movies and noticeing things wrong with them or out of place. Heres a place to post a few things you might have noticed wrong about some stuff in the movie.

1. During a forward lay a firefighter stood on the hose instead of wrapping it around the hydrant and then stepping on it.

3. During cpr on the one girl he saved around christmas time , they were doing 5 to 1 compresions ?? she was like 13 or older I thought.

4.Only one firefighter at times going in.

Theres a few of mine.

Are you kidding us? This is a Hollywood Movie!

Don't ever take a movie to heart!

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Question

Originally posted by sexauer
    If you pause it on fram 1323-6 you can clearly see that the poor guy is hooking up a hose without lining up the higbee indicators.....also if you pause it on the shot of the captains desk you can see on one of his papers that the word "I" is mispelled.

WHO lines up the "HIGBEE" cuts?

Just put the coupling on the hydrant nipple guy. Place female coupling to the male nipple, make a quarter turn to the left and then back to the right and start screwing the coupling to the nipple! That is good if you are TESTING, in the real world, you don't take that time you look and line up the cut.

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

I think he was kidding... but it was funny

dazed and confused

Oh my...

I agree with DrParasite (gasp).
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Forum Member

lol now that thers actually a thread for this i'll post it here:

1. Whats with constantly sending only 1 guy by himself on a SAR?
    2. Why does EVERYTHING blow up?
    3. No SCBA in a hazmat condition? (the steam burn)
    4. He let go of the damn rope!!!
    5. They could have put someone in the opening where he let the guy down from with the rope, to hoist him out. (drop him off with the chopper)

6. The control roomed seemed survivable enough for him to hang out in for the rest of the fire to be put out.

7. Theres no way in hell you can hear another person talk that well in a fully involved room.

FIGJAM

1. Whats with constantly sending only 1 guy by himself on a SAR?
    2. Why does EVERYTHING blow up?
    3. No SCBA in a hazmat condition? (the steam burn)
    4. He let go of the damn rope!!!
    5. They could have put someone in the opening where he let the guy down from with the rope, to hoist him out. (drop him off with the chopper)

6. The control roomed seemed survivable enough for him to hang out in for the rest of the fire to be put out.

7. Theres no way in hell you can hear another person talk that well in a fully involved room.
    Now when I read this, I thought you were checking out the Firefighter Close Calls web site
    Luke

MembersZone Subscriber

nothing like getting laughed at and slapped in the face just trying to strike up a convo guess not. Oh well.
    " We are not extraordinary people , we are people caught in extraordinary situations. " Chapter 1 IFSTA Manual

MembersZone Subscriber

Default nothing to do with FF technique

I noticed some poor editing that has nothing to do with FF technique. When the crew is at the bar and Jack's new g/f shows up and she is chugging the irish car bomb. they cut to a view of her right side and notice the glass is almost empty then they cut it a view of her left side, the glass is fuller, BUT SHE'S STILL CHUGGING!

Forum Member

Firepimp ....

Relax bro .... it was just a movie and most of what you saw was done by the actors. I think the posters were just trying to point out that you took the movie a bit too seriously and you need to enjoy it dispite some of the relativly minor technical flaws.

P.S .. if you have ever done actual CPR more often than not your ratio is off, especially with 2-man --- just get it close and you are doing wellso that really wasn't a flaw at all.

Forum Member

Hey Bro .. i don't think anyone was laughing at you. I think they were just a little amazed that you watched it in such detail. It's a movie ... entertainment.. with most of the stuff being done by actors, not firefighters. Just relax and enjoy the show.

P.S -- We all do that sometimes. Just the other day I was watching a movie with my girlfriend .... the movie was set on the east coast but I noticed in the ocean scene, the ocean was too the left of the actors (on the west coast, where it was probably shot). My gf just looked at me like .."and YOU would notice that" !!!
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 03-09-2005 at 05:43 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

lol the funny thing is i am relaxed it doesn't bother me at all and Im not useing the movie as a training guide I just figured maybe someother people would have liked to b.s. with some stuff wrong with the movie , but I guess not i do that with all movies but anyways it was a huge swing and a miss and Ill try and post something more lowball next time for some of these egotistical guys to enjoy .

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Ok bud if we're going to play this game, you missed the biggest one! When the guy fell through the roof there were three firefighters on the roof and only one scba (which was dropped off by the ladder before proceeding). Not that I care, it's just a movie, but c'mon man, you missed it!

Eric

MembersZone Subscriber

lol never said i saw and know every flaw Im still just a baby little rookie trying to make convo with the big dogs but they shut me down so hey whatever.

Forum Member

Dang.. I caught some of that stuff, but mainly just enjoyed the movie and understood that it was Hollywood! I didn't notice most of the stuff being mentioned here... just like when the . in the Dr. went missing from the Dr Pepper cans.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default the biggest mistake

I have to agree that it is a little odd to watch and see ALL of the mistakes, however you guys missed the biggest one of them all and it wasn't hard to miss. Pheonix fell about 5 stories landing on his back with an airpack on and was still able to move and speak. Not very probable.

Now before you go jumping on me I have only seen the movie once.

Forum Member

Well I noticed no one farted in the bunk room...and there actually was toilet paper in the bathroom instead of 2 or 3 empty cardboard rolls left lying around.

MembersZone Subscriber

[/B]
    This is the only thing that bothered me. I mean the control room seemed like it could have kept him alive for some time. When they opened that big sliding door and saw all the fire, then closed it, they should have gone back, gotten a line in there and then tried to put out whatever they could to get to him. Thats the only part I didn't like, they seemed to give up too early.

Obviously, it's Hollywood and we all know that. I like to see like continuity errors and stuff like editing and so on, I understand the firefighting errors, it's a movie after all.
    MFD Truck 2
    The Workhorse Company

Thread Information