Default Behavior Descripitve Interviewing

I am preparing for an interview which is based on Behavior Descriptive Interviewing techniques. I have tried searching the internet for sample questions, to have an idea of what to expect. However, I have been unable to find very much information. Does anyone out there know much about it? Has anyone gone through a behavior descriptive interview that care to share that experience? Thanks
    Whatever it takes, NO MATTER THE SACRIFICE!!!!

Never Forget 9/11

Forum Member

Did you see this one? http://www.govtjob.net/Interview%20Tips.htm[/URL] What job are you going for?

What your interviewer is basically going to want to know is how you've dealt with certain situations. Example: Problem-solving skills...they make ask you to identify a higher-level problem you were faced with, explain the methodology of how you went about solving the problem, and the outcome of the problem.

They may ask you to identify a situation where you had to work with many people to solve a problem and if there were any "difficult" members of the team how you were able to work together to come to a solution.

You'll probably be asked to provide specific examples of how you work in teams, solve problems, handle tough supervisors (or co-workers, customers, clients, etc.). They won't be asking you yes/no questions, but ask you to describe processes and behavioral experiences that you've had in the past. You're resume will include your jobs, education, and training...they want to know about how you react in certain situations, if you're decisive, etc.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Thanks for your information. I am applying for a firefighter position with Calgary Fire Department

Never Forget 9/11

Forum Member

Default Canada

In Canada check with Recruit Firefighter http://www.recruitfirefighter.com/

Captain Bob

www.eatstress.com

Forum Member

Default employment opportunities

This from Recruit Firefighter:

I’ve never heard Calgary’s interview called that, but their website gives quite a bit of info on their interview…unless it’s changed in the last little while. Go to www.calgary.ca. From the opening page, on the right, click on employment opportunities. Then click on “Calgary Fire” (right side). Their site gives a TON of info.

Let me know if you need me at all. Take care!

Wendy Kratzer, Editor
    Recruit Firefighter
    351 West Acres Drive
    Guelph, Ontario
    N1H 7B3
    Phone: (519) 824-9779
    Fax: (519) 341-9160
    E-Mail: wendy@recruitfirefighter.com

Thanks for the info Capt Bob and Wendy. I just signed up for Recruit Firefighter Magazine and Email. Can't wait for my first issue. Love your site too Capt. Bob lots of great help there.

Aaron Brouwer

Never Forget 9/11

Thread Information