Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nfpa 1936

Sta22BeaverCoPA
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Nfpa 1936

Are tools manufactured prior to NFPA 1936 Standard on Powered Hydraulic Tools 1999 considered meeting the standard or only tools after 1999 ? When did Hurst quit manufacturing the 32B spreader ?

No tools are considered meeting the standard unless they have been tested. The standard was not in place in 1999. Hurst quit the 32B about two yrs ago, but I bet if you really wanted one, your dealer could get it.

Interetsing note on the NFPA standard, buy a compliant tool and put it in a system not compliant and then the new tool is also not compliant. It must be used as it was tested.

Originally posted by kromer1
    No tools are considered meeting the standard unless they have been tested. The standard was not in place in 1999. Hurst quit the 32B about two yrs ago, but I bet if you really wanted one, your dealer could get it.

Interetsing note on the NFPA standard, buy a compliant tool and put it in a system not compliant and then the new tool is also not compliant. It must be used as it was tested.

I have a 32A I would love to sell! Only if I can get a lighter tool that does the same for even trade. Got anything for me Kevin?
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Thread Information