Thread: LOD Tribute

MembersZone Subscriber

Default LOD Tribute

I would like to take this oppertunity to pay respect to the four RCMP officers who paid the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty of thier community. Today is the memorial for these brave men. Though I could not be in attendance today I would like them to know that they will not be forgotten, and hopefully thier tragic deaths will not be in vain.

To thier families my deepest condolences, I hope they know that the whole country and those of us in other areas of emergency services are behind them and offering a shoulder for them to lean on.

God speed brothers, you will be in a better place and you will live in our hearts forever.
    Dave Burn
    (EMT-P Student)
    Effort only fully releases it's reward on someone who refuses to quit!

Forum Member

dburnemti, I was at the memorial today, kind of a tough one to be at. I was extremely proud to sit in the service today and see the support that was shown from not only Police forces from across Canada but from our friends to the south. We shook hands with officers from Oklahoma, Texas, California Highway Patrol and New York and even though they did not know the four constables that were slain you could see and sense their pain. There is somthing about the brotherhood in the police and fire that does not seem to exist anywhere else. Although their life here on earth has ended, we have to uphold their families and their fellow members in our prayers in the coming days, as we all can imagine it will be in these days they will need them.

CST. Schiemann, CST. Johnston, CST. Gordon, CST. Myrol,
    Rest in the arms of our Creator, you will not be forgotten.

Forum Member

I attended the Memorial here in Victoria at the Langford Legion. Very moving. There was representation from all sectors of the Emergency Services.

Rest in Peace CST. Schiemann, CST. Johnston, CST. Gordon, CST. Myrol.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

It was a very moving ceremony - even by tv. Rest in peace brothers.
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

Thread Information