Forum Member

Default Holy Crap! I'm never drinking Coke again!

I'm sure some of you have seen these facts before, but i saw them for the first time today and I am never going to drink Coke again.

1. In many states in the USA, the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after an mva.

2. You can put a T-Bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be completely dissolved in 2 days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coke into the toilet bowl and let it sit for an hour or so, then flush. The citric acid in Coke removes all the from the toilet bowl.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome: Rub the bumper with a crumpled up piece of Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil dipped in Coke.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of coke over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6.To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coke to the rusted bolt and leave for several minutes.

7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coke will help loosen grease stains without staining the clothes itself.

8. You can use Coke to clean road haze off your windshield.

9.To carry Coke syrup the commercial trucks must use the Hazardous-Materials place card reserved for HIGHLY CORROSIVE materials.

10. Place a nail in a can of Coke and the nail will be gone in 4 days.

11. The distributors of Coke have been using the Coke to clean the engines of their trucks for the past 20 years!

12. Coke is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteopoorosis, due to the phosphoric acid in the Coke.

If Coke can do all that...imagine what it can do to you body!

Forum Member

Holy mostly urban legend Batman!
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

the guy that told me this works for a chemical engineering company and he has proven all of these to br true

MembersZone Subscriber

good times I love pepsi anyways. Tell me about pepsi please lol.
    " We are not extraordinary people , we are people caught in extraordinary situations. " Chapter 1 IFSTA Manual

MembersZone Subscriber

that show on discovery(MYTHBUSTERS) busted that whole urban legend

Forum Member

Thumbs down Re: Holy Crap! I'm never drinking Coke again!

Originally posted by shvfr4
    I'm sure some of you have seen these facts before, but i saw them for the first time today and I am never going to drink Coke again.

1. In many states in the USA, the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after an mva.

2. You can put a T-Bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be completely dissolved in 2 days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coke into the toilet bowl and let it sit for an hour or so, then flush. The citric acid in Coke removes all the from the toilet bowl.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome: Rub the bumper with a crumpled up piece of Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil dipped in Coke.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of coke over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6.To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coke to the rusted bolt and leave for several minutes.

7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coke will help loosen grease stains without staining the clothes itself.

8. You can use Coke to clean road haze off your windshield.

9.To carry Coke syrup the commercial trucks must use the Hazardous-Materials place card reserved for HIGHLY CORROSIVE materials.

10. Place a nail in a can of Coke and the nail will be gone in 4 days.

11. The distributors of Coke have been using the Coke to clean the engines of their trucks for the past 20 years!

12. Coke is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteopoorosis, due to the phosphoric acid in the Coke.

If Coke can do all that...imagine what it can do to you body!

So, what is the point?

I have used coke to clean the wind shield before. Rather drink it that the others on the market.

Forum Member

No Coke? The Cap'n will be pi**ed! T.C.

Forum Member

Originally posted by shvfr4
    the guy that told me this works for a chemical engineering company and he has proven all of these to br true
    Please let me know what company he works for so I can be sure to stay away from their products.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

snopes busted this as an untrue myth too

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

This internet rumor has had a detremental effect on my Coca-Cola stock, please quit spreading the bunk list.
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

From Snopes.com

Claim: The acids in Coca-Cola make it harmful to drink.

Origins: Many of the entries above are just simple household tips involving Coca-Cola, as provided by Joey Green in his 1995 book Polish Your Furniture with Panty Hose and on his web site. That you can cook and clean with Coke is relatively meaningless from a safety standpoint you can use a wide array of common household substances (including water) for the same purposes; that fact alone doesn't necessarily make them dangerous to ingest. Nearly all carbonated soft drinks contain carbonic acid, which is moderately useful for tasks such as removing stains and dissolving rust deposits (although plain soda water is much better for some of these purposes than Coca-Cola or other soft drinks, as it doesn't leave a sticky sugar residue behind). Carbonic acid is relatively weak, however, and people have been drinking carbonated water for many years with no detrimental effects.

The rest of the claims offered here are specious. Coca-Cola does contain small amounts of citric acid and phosphoric acid; however, all the insinuations about the dangers these acids might pose to people who drink Coca-Cola ignore a simple concept familiar to any first-year chemistry student: concentration. Coca-Cola contains less citric acid than orange juice does, and the concentration of phosphoric acid in Coke is far too small (a mere 11 to 13 grams per gallon of syrup, or about 0.20 to 0.30 per cent of the total formula) to dissolve a steak, a tooth, or a nail overnight. (Much of the item will dissolve eventually, but after a day or two you'll still have most of the tooth, a whole nail, and one very soggy t-bone.)

Besides, the gastric acid in your stomach is much stronger than any of the acids in Coca-Cola, so the Coca-Cola is harmless.

The next time you're stopped by a highway patrolman, try asking him if he's ever scrubbed blood stains off a highway with Coca-Cola (or anything else). If you're lucky, by the time he stops laughing he'll have forgotten about the citation he was going to give you.

Last updated: 29 March 2004
    Chris Gaylord
    Emergency Planner / Fire Captain, UC Santa Cruz FD

MembersZone Subscriber

- yea, I say the same thing about beer every morning I'd wake up with a hangover.

guess what? still drinking beer!
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

Forum Member

Originally posted by DennisTheMenace
    This internet rumor has had a detremental effect on my Coca-Cola stock, please quit spreading the bunk list.
    That's alright.. the acid rumors might not be true, but no one will ever deny that Coke originally contained cocaine. Coke is made with extracts of the coca leaf. Thus the name Coca-Cola
    http://www.peruconnections.com/inkatea/history.html
    http://inventors.about.com/library/i...blcocacola.htm

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by FTMPTB15

That's alright.. the acid rumors might not be true, but no one will ever deny that Coke originally contained cocaine. Coke is made with extracts of the coca leaf. Thus the name Coca-Cola
    *sniffs* *Sniffle* *snort* * scratchs neck very fast *
    Gimme some of that crap to go please.
    " We are not extraordinary people , we are people caught in extraordinary situations. " Chapter 1 IFSTA Manual

Forum Member

Originally posted by FTMPTB15

Just the coca leaf, not cocaine which is an artificially refined product.
    -Big Russ

Forum Member

Originally posted by DennisTheMenace
    Just the coca leaf, not cocaine which is an artificially refined product.
    There ya go...
    Coke had in fact contained traces of cocaine ever since John 'Doc' Pemberton created the drink. At the turn of the century, a public outcry erupted against cocaine. Doctors and editorialists began taking aim at Coca-Cola.

Forum Member

I've used Coke to clean my battery terminals on my old 4x4 Toyota I used to have....and thats no myth.

MembersZone Subscriber

Lightbulb

Do you think it would help to dilute Coke with whiskey?

Forum Member

Default Mr. Beam

I hear 'ol Mr. Beam really enjoys some Coke.

Forum Member

no no guys, Wild Turkey or Southern Comfort all the way..

ARRRRGH! The Cap'n likes 'imself a bit o coke too
    Stay Low, Stay Safe

"Probie, It's never too early to shut up"

These are my opinions only, not my wife's, not my dog's, not my associate's or my employer's. Mine.

MembersZone Subscriber

I.m with FTM, BEAM me up!!

Forum Member

HOLD ON HOLD ON !!! Can someone please tell me what to put my Rum in ? Cause Rum and Rootbeer just doesn't cut it.

Forum Member

WOW...

Hey, has anyone else tried the diet COKE with lime mixed with rum? VERY good
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber

yuk!!

Thread Information