Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lesson Plan

veezer

Angry Lesson Plan

Is there a simple way to reply without having to go to "New Thread." I must be stupid or something. But the answer is yes. I was going to think of what we did and list the objectives, ie, establish a water supply, handlines, pumper operator, safety, IC, etc.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Cool screenshot Dal!

How did you do that?
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

veezer

thank you. Maybe I need to take a class on how to do this.

You had to ask for the gory details, mcaldwell, didn't you?

I do these regularly at work making up user documentation...and even for my own notes when it's something I know I'll not touch again for two years!

1) In Windows you can capture the entire screen by hitting the button -OR- you can capture just the program you have "active" by hitting and at the same time.

2) Open up your favorite editing program. My basic one is Paint Brush

Hit paste either from the menu or using +.

I used that to highlight & cut just the part I wanted -- the one post, then made a new Paint Brush picture with just that in it. Then drew the arrow by making three lines, and saved it.

3) Have Firehouse yell at me the filesize was too big, I used a "big gun" program called Photoshop to save it is a low-quality JPG file, and also to resize the photo down to meet the 400pixel maximum width requirement.

Photoshop is like a $500 package, but I know there's a number of free or much more reasonably priced packages out there to do the same thing -- I think even Microsoft Photo Editor included with WinXP can do it. But since I had the toy on my work computer, I used it

====
    Usually at work I don't have to re-size and draw arrows and stuff, so I just paste the "Print Screens" into Word and type the documentation around them!
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Thread Information