IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

What is this "Whoops Wrong Button"? I am not familar with this button.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

It's next to the "press any key" key on your keyboard!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

What is "things you don't want to hear while in the cockpit of a fighter jet?"

MembersZone Subscriber

dennis still lives !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default uhhhh

Its definately not something you want to hear from someone working on a nuclear reactor!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Fear of "pushing the wrong button" is really a fear of not knowing what will happen if you do push the wrong button. So let's start with that. When you push the wrong button, one of two things will happen:

Something very minor
    Nothing at all
    It won't be anything like the nightmare the poor soul below is imagining.

The fact is, you'll push the wrong button plenty of times. Even the pros push the wrong button many times a day. What you need to understand, though, is that pushing the wrong button won't produce catastrophic results like damaging your computer or ruining the Internet. In fact, the most likely scenario is that absolutely nothing will happen when you push the wrong button.

That's not to say that you should sit down at the computer and just push buttons until something good happens. That's not a good way to learn to use a computer. What you need to do is learn some basic skills for using your mouse and keyboard, and learn to pay attention to what's in front of you on the screen.

But don't let a fear of pushing the wrong button prevent you from learning. Because even if you do push the wrong button, the results will either be nothing, or just no big deal at all! If some menu or dialog box opens, no biggie. Just press the Escape key (maybe labeled Esc, near the upper left corner of your keyboard) to "escape" from that situation. In fact, the Esc key is so useful, you may want to jot this down on a Post-It note, and stick it onto your computer monitor:

If in doubt,
    Escape key out!

The Esc key won't get you out of everything. For example, pressing Esc won't close a program you opened by accident. But if you do open some program by accident, you can easily close it by clicking on the Close ( ) button in its upper right corner.

Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

MembersZone Subscriber

Me....I'm saying nothin'
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default profound wisdom

maybe nothing is best left unsaid........

Forum Member

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

MembersZone Subscriber

Default keep your figs

Figs belong on the other sensless posts not here. This is a no FIGGING ZONE

Forum Member

Ahhh....The season is now upon us...such a wondeful season that everyone looks forward to. It's a season unlike no other. Whay, you ask, is this season so special? Well, I'll tell you... It's a season of togetherness, it brings long-lost friends out of the woodwork. Comraderie is built during this season. It's a delightful time of year.
    You ask what season am I f^%*king talking about?
    I'll tell you...it's the season of the errant threads.
    Enjoy, because mud season is right around the corner
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

MembersZone Subscriber

Default spring fever

could it be thay everyine is going a bit loopy waiting for spring. At least those of us who are in the norther part of the country

Forum Member

Cool Ode to Harve !!!!!!!!!

GOT COKE ????????
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Default Re: spring fever

Originally posted by chrnea
    could it be thay everyine is going a bit loopy waiting for spring. At least those of us who are in the norther part of the country
    A bit loopy? I've gone waay beyond a "bit loopy" We've gotten more snow, and it's been colder in the past 3 weeks that it has been all winter. So much for global warming (going outside and sprayinig aerosol cans into the air)
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

See...see what I mean? WTF is up with this?!?!
    Winter Weather Advisory - URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR NORTHERN BERKSHIRE VALID FROM FRI MAR 11 2005 10:21 AM EST UNTIL FRI MAR 11 2005 05:00 PM EST.
    BENNINGTON VT-EASTERN WINDHAM VT-NORTHERN BERKSHIRE MA- WESTERN WINDHAM VT- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ARLINGTON...BELLOWS FALLS...BENNINGTON... BRATTLEBORO...LONDONDERRY...MANCHESTER...NORTH ADAMS...PITTSFIELD... STRATTON AND TOWNSHEND 1019 AM EST FRI MAR 11 2005 ...A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY WILL BE IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY UNTIL 4 PM EST SATURDAY... SNOW WILL DEVELOP OVER THE ADVISORY AREA SHORTLY BEFORE NOONTIME. PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CONTINUE TONIGHT AND THEN TAPER OFF BY LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON. THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL FALL IN WINDHAM COUNTY VERMONT WHERE STORM TOTALS WILL REACH 5 TO 10 INCHES. LOOK FOR 4 TO 7 INCHES IN BENNINGTON COUNTY VERMONT AND NORTHERN BERKSHIRE COUNTY MASSACHUSETTS. IF YOU ARE DRIVING...ADJUST YOUR SPEED TO WEATHER AND ROAD CONDITIONS

Serenity now...serenity now!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

whoops = A section of small mounds which composes part of a motocross or supercross track, spaced closely together so that a rider may skim along the top of them (some riders....not this one!)
    "The more we sweat in training, the less we bleed in battle."

Forum Member

Originally posted by LeuitEFDems
    Winter Weather Advisory - URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR NORTHERN BERKSHIRE VALID FROM FRI MAR 11 2005 10:21 AM EST UNTIL FRI MAR 11 2005 05:00 PM EST.
    BENNINGTON VT-EASTERN WINDHAM VT-NORTHERN BERKSHIRE MA- WESTERN WINDHAM VT- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ARLINGTON...BELLOWS FALLS...BENNINGTON... BRATTLEBORO...LONDONDERRY...MANCHESTER...NORTH ADAMS...PITTSFIELD... STRATTON AND TOWNSHEND 1019 AM EST FRI MAR 11 2005 ...A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY WILL BE IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY UNTIL 4 PM EST SATURDAY... SNOW WILL DEVELOP OVER THE ADVISORY AREA SHORTLY BEFORE NOONTIME. PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CONTINUE TONIGHT AND THEN TAPER OFF BY LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON. THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL FALL IN WINDHAM COUNTY VERMONT WHERE STORM TOTALS WILL REACH 5 TO 10 INCHES. LOOK FOR 4 TO 7 INCHES IN BENNINGTON COUNTY VERMONT AND NORTHERN BERKSHIRE COUNTY MASSACHUSETTS. IF YOU ARE DRIVING...ADJUST YOUR SPEED TO WEATHER AND ROAD CONDITIONS

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA - Ahh to live here 20 degrees C.

As for oops - wasnt that a space shuttle joke at one time??
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

District Chief

Artie...that is funny!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Yup!......................

I'll tell you...it's the season of the errant threads.
    Enjoy, because mud season is right around the corner

And, while you're at it, please pray that Summer falls on a weekend this year.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Wow.......... Quite a few of these threads goiing on.......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Cool Damn.......................

You're right. What up wit dat?? Y'all know that Maryland isn't that far away from the Berkshires, Right? And we're running Brush Fires here, now. In fact we have been for a while. So, "What up?" is a good question. As I type this in, the thermometer at my back door says 51 degrees, it's falling from the 58 we had earlier this afternoon. (BTW, I DO know where the Berks are. I've taken more than a couple of Railroad pictures around State Line Tunnel)
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Harve,
    Never had the opportunity to go see the State Line tunnel. I've seen some nice pics of it though. Did you get a chance to ride the Berkshire Scenic Railway before it went bellyup? (not the train...but the organization) I hope you're having fun with brsuh fires. The rate we're going here, there will still be snow on the ground when burning season ends (end of April) I was cursing my father out as I was shoveling his parking area and walkway for the 6th time in 2 weeks while he was on vacation in sunny Mexico..(I hope he got a good sunburn on the top of his head ) We've literally gotten more snow in the past 2 weeks that we did all winter (the eastern part of the state actually beat us out this year with snowfall accumulation with the 40+" they got in one storm...luckily we only got 10" out of that one.)

Thread Information