MembersZone Subscriber

Default College and Live-in programs

I'm looking for colleges with extensive live in programs with good call volume, right now the university of maryland seems to have the best. any suggestion? thanks
    ASSUME NOTHING

MembersZone Subscriber

Ithaca NY runs a bunker program and runs a few thousand calls a year. I'm currently in Montour Falls FD bunker program and we run around 700 a year. Geneva NY has a program and runs around 800 fire a year.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hello,

Eastern Kentucky University, offers a Co-Op program for its students. You have to finihs your Freshman year before you can apply. They use to have a live in program and I believe they are tring ot bring it back. They have a decent run volume and they pay you for each hour on the scene. You have to sign up for the Co-Op credit and pay for it inorder to be part of the program. Maybe if another EKU guy that did a Co-Op with Richmond is around they can give you more info. I do know that I spoke ot the Chief right before I finished school about doing a one term job. He was looking ofr huys and girls that will have to give them a min amount of time for the job.
    Thanks
    DM

MembersZone Subscriber

The area surrounding the university of maryland has the same call volume a most major city fire companies. For example one of the stations a mile from the campus ran over 6000 calls for 2004. Granted a little over half were EMS but a lot of those were traumas and they do see their share of fire. Check them out at www.34box.com

District Chief

hwoods....where are you?...come out and play....

Look at other posts in the threads and find one by hwoods. He is from Maryland and can give you first hand, reliable information.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thread Information