Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: forum profile

MembersZone Subscriber

Default forum profile

I get an internal server error whenever I try to edit my forum profile. Anyone else have the same problem? I tried to talk to tech support, but they seem to be brain dead....

Administrator

Not sure where you sought support, but if you have a specific problem feel free to post it here. There are no known problems with the edit profile function.

Your 'brain dead' comments are not needed and have no place on these forums.

MembersZone Subscriber

From the FH main page, I go to FH forums on the left, and then I go to Forum Profile on the left, and then I go to edit profile on the top. It then asks me for my login/pass, I enter it, and then Iím taken to an apache page with the internal server error. I have tried it on several machines (98se, 2000, and xp) running both IE and Firefox.

As for the brain-dead comment, my apologies if it was directed at the wrong person. I emailed tech support with the above, and a snippet of the error; the reply...."what is the name of your fire department" right...umm....email again with the same message, and a query as to why my FD has anything to do with it. Reply was to enable cookies and also something to do with AOL. Frustrating....

Here is the ISE:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.4 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.jsp.user_0005fview$ jsp._jspService(user_0005fview $jsp.java:243)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.Http JspBase.service(HttpJspBase.ja va:107)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet .service(HttpServlet.java:853)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspS ervlet$JspServletWrapper.servi ce(JspServlet.java:201)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspS ervlet.serviceJspFile(JspServl et.java:381)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspS ervlet.service(JspServlet.java :473)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Appli cationDispatcher.invoke(Applic ationDispatcher.java:683)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Appli cationDispatcher.doForward(App licationDispatcher.java:431)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Appli cationDispatcher.forward(Appli cationDispatcher.java:355)
    at firehouse.servlets.Registratio nControllerServlet.doIt(Unknow n Source)
    at firehouse.servlets.Registratio nControllerServlet.doGet(Unkno wn Source)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet .service(HttpServlet.java:740)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Appli cationFilterChain.internalDoFi lter(ApplicationFilterChain.ja va:247)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Appli cationFilterChain.doFilter(App licationFilterChain.java:193)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Stand ardWrapperValve.invoke(Standar dWrapperValve.java:243)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Stand ardPipeline.invokeNext(Standar dPipeline.java:566)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Stand ardPipeline.invoke(StandardPip eline.java:472)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Conta inerBase.invoke(ContainerBase. java:943)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Stand ardContextValve.invoke(Standar dContextValve.java:190)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Stand ardPipeline.invokeNext(Standar dPipeline.java:566)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.Cer tificatesValve.invoke(Certific atesValve.java:246)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Stand ardPipeline.invokeNext(Standar dPipeline.java:564)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Stand ardPipeline.invoke(StandardPip eline.java:472)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Stand ardContext.invoke(StandardCont ext.java:2347)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Stand ardHostValve.invoke(StandardHo stValve.java:180)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.Err orDispatcherValve.invoke(Error DispatcherValve.java:170)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Stand ardPipeline.invokeNext(Standar dPipeline.java:564)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.Err orReportValve.invoke(ErrorRepo rtValve.java:170)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.Acc essLogValve.invoke(AccessLogVa lve.java:468)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.Stand ardEngineValve.invoke(Standard EngineValve.java:174)
    at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Pr ocessor.process(Ajp13Processor .java:458)
    at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Pr ocessor.run(Ajp13Processor.jav a:551)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.ja va:534)
    Last edited by sexauer; 03-15-2005 at 11:43 AM.

Administrator

MembersZone Subscriber

Same error, gives me a login screen, then takes me to the internal server error (same error as before).

Administrator

OK. We've emailed our developers. You're the only user that appears to be happening to.

MembersZone Subscriber

whatever info you need, let me know, i'll be happy to provide it.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Originally posted by webteam
    OK. We've emailed our developers. You're the only user that appears to be happening to.
    http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...threadid=64510

I've been trying to get a similar problem solved since November!!!! !!!!

Not while doing the same thing, but the errors look almost the same.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Administrator

Guys

Try again. It should work now. Some odd problem with about 43 (out of 100,000) of you...

WebTeam

MembersZone Subscriber

Works for me, thanks....

Thread Information