Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Homemade training props...

I've done a few searches and didn't find much information on this. So...

Has anyone built any training props like forcible entry doors, roof ventilation simulator, bailout windows or any other training props for a truck company? I'm looking for any tips or plans anyone may have for anything. Thanks a lot.

My dept has a few "homemade" props including a forcible entry door for residential type doors and a Denver Prop for simulated firefighter rescue from a tight area. For the Denver drill, Try looking at RAPIDINTERVENTION.com. I am not sure that they have the dimensions, but they might be able to direct you somplace that does. The door is just that, a free standing door in a frame, secured with wooden dowls (sp?). The door is reinforced with steel plating near the common striking areas. They are both basic props but serve as interesting challenges during scenario based trainings. We also have a self survival maze, entanglement/low profile props and a wall breaching prop designed for sheet rock type construction. Let me know if you want to hear about more of them.
    Stay Low, Stay Safe

"Probie, It's never too early to shut up"

These are my opinions only, not my wife's, not my dog's, not my associate's or my employer's. Mine.

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

our rescue dummy is homemade out of 2Ĺ inch hose. Got the plans from an issue of Firehouse. Works great. We dropped him off a bridge 35 feet down and it survived to be used again and again and again.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Thumbs up prop

hey bro!

go to the main forum and look up rapid intervention,under this heading it's titled homade rit prop with the plains to build ,beilve its from fire eng. all the info you need is there. my dept goes to building sites and will get damaged doors etc. we also get aquired structures for this type training! work out a plain with the building dept when demolition permits are requested have them notify the FD so you can make arrangements to use!!!! some of the best hands on training outside of the real deal.

helping people,
    it's what we do!
    capt.Dennis

MembersZone Subscriber jaybird210's Avatar
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Here are some pics of an entanglement hazard we built, after copying it from the Elgin Fire Academy. Scroll down a bit on the first page.

Illinois OSFM FFII

Very simple, just a handful of 2x6s and some wire.

The neighboring department borrowed it for a spell. One of the guys there told me that their training officer that night said, "We'll never see anything like that. Set it up on 5-gallon buckets." They were able to crawl under it without even fighting the wires.

If your guys can get through that thing, they can get through anything. Besides, it might not be that far off from reality. Just poke your head up above a dropped ceiling at a school or office....
    Last edited by jaybird210; 03-15-2005 at 11:25 AM.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Forum Member

We have different props that we use for fire extinguisher training, (etc: paint cabinet, tri level, hanging pail, t pan with barrel(s)) We use gas/diesel mix for fuel. These might not be the props your looking for but if your interested, let me know. Be safe!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default SCBA Confidence Prop

Designed/built by J Knitter South Milwaukee Fire

http://www.southmilwaukeefd.org/training.htm

Thread Information