Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb An interesting perspective from Rush Limbaugh

By Rush Limbaugh:

I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can't let the numbers pass by because it says something really disturbing about the

entitlement mentality of this country. If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.

If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough. Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers.

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the Green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing. Make sense?

However, our own U.S. Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system.

If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.

"When do we finally do something about this?" If this doesn't seem fair to you, it is time to forward this to as many people as you can.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

STM, do you EVER fact-check these things before you post them?

At least this one is partly accurate but the last third of it didn't come from Limbaugh.

Snopes.com info

Breakthechain.org info

About.com info

Originally posted by EFD840
    STM, do you EVER fact-check these things before you post them?

At least this one is partly accurate but the last third of it didn't come from Limbaugh.

Snopes.com info

Breakthechain.org info

About.com info
    No,not my job. But if you feel the urge then go ahead.
    This is my source.
    http://www.masscops.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7552
    Last edited by stm4710; 03-15-2005 at 03:47 PM.

Originally posted by stm4710

No,not my job.
    Why ever let facts get in the way?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Originally posted by Bones42
    Why ever let facts get in the way?
    Why would I have a doubt about what a fellow officer posts? When someone here posts an article I take it at face value. Looked interesting,didnt strike me as out of context for something he would say. Figured I would share it.

I doubt kttef knew it was partly bogus to begin with.

The worst is the disinformation that continues to fly about congressional pensions. Congress has the same exact retirement plan as any other government employee. They don't get any pension if they are not vested in to the Federal Employees’ Retirement System which takes five years of employeement. So with out prior federal service, a member of Congress would need to win three elections to get a pension and only a Senator would be able to avoid reelection and still get a pension. The only federal employee that can get a pension now without an injury and less then five years of service is a one term President.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

Why would I have a doubt about what a fellow officer posts? When someone here posts an article I take it at face value. Looked interesting,didnt strike me as out of context for something he would say. Figured I would share it.

I doubt kttef knew it was partly bogus to begin with.
    What fellow officer? Are you sitting there with your Daddy?

Rush is a hypocritical drug addict. This was posted a long time ago somewhere and disproven.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Another one of Jesse's amazing posts.........

Jesse, I know you have posted crap like this before and got jumped for it....... It's not that hard to verify something like this....... Just because something is posted on masscops, doesn't mean it's the truth......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Lightbulb It's apparently contagious....

Masscops has it's share of "bluelight whackers", too...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Default Re: It's apparently contagious....

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    Masscops has it's share of "bluelight whackers", too...
    Oye vey........there is HUGE whacker from your town! He is like 16 and SN was MarlbouroghPD. He represented himself as a MPD officer and after posting random non sensical stuff, was grilled by the board owner and the truth came out. He was put on probation, but couldnt handle it and was banned. Read the "Deer gate" posts........omg its ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Look here.
    http://www.masscops.com/phpBB2/searc...wresults=posts

Oy vey is right!

I gotta find out who this whacker is!
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 03-15-2005 at 11:01 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    Oy vey is right!

I gotta find out who this whacker is!
    His dad drives a Ford, is involved with Marlbourogh fish and game, handles or is somehow involved with the deer disposal. Also his mother has a Class B LTC,he has a brother.

This was his best quote though aside from Deer gate.

The day after Christmas we (the family) were making a trip into Boston. Before we left town, my dad had to go to the bank and cash a check. Driving in downtown on our way to the bank, a brazilian female basically double parks out in front of this store to pick her friend up. My dad decides that since we are in Marlborough, his jurisdiction although off-duty, he would say something. So he pulls up and says "you cant double park here". She says "Im not double parking." He says back to her "yeah, you are clearly double parking." After he said that she snapped right back and said "hey, why dont you go take care of your business." After that he whipped out his badge in his wallet and told her "I show you taking care of my business lady, Marlborough Police." She changed her tune real quick after that and said "well, im just here to pick up my friend." My dad felt he held up traffic enough so he took off and went to the bank then Boston. So from now on, no breaks will be given by him to brazilians while he is on-duty. The brazilians we got here suck, they all obsess over soccer and think they are better than everyone else and all move around like a pack of wolves. You're lucky you got a good bunch where you are.
    http://www.masscops.com/phpBB2/viewt...ghlight=#51731
    Last edited by stm4710; 03-15-2005 at 11:19 PM.

Default Looks like a love connection

His dad drives a Ford, is involved with Marlbourogh fish and game, handles or is somehow involved with the deer disposal. Also his mother has a Class B LTC,he has a brother.

"He is a Leo, Likes walks on the beach" ...
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

LMAO Mikey

Amazing that he can research and know so much about this guy and his family, but not research/know about what he himself is posting.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Amazing that he can make another idiotic post then try to deflect the obvious stupidity to someone else, not even on this board.

Pathetic.

Default Arnt I supposed to be on your ignore list?

What fellow officer? Are you sitting there with your Daddy?
    Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Amazing that he can make another idiotic post then try to deflect the obvious stupidity to someone else, not even on this board.

Pathetic.

My father was niether a firefighter or police officer. Just a hard working man who went out everyday for long hours to make a liveing and had the tough role of being a single parent trying to give his son a shot at a better life. It worked.

Whats pathetic is your constant and fruitless attempts to demean me. I hope you calling me stupid gets you through the night or made your day. I take your comments in stride now a days and dont let a bitter person like you get under my skin.

Your an old man that may know alot, but your bitter attitude keeps people from wanting to learn from you. You should have done the board a favor and stayed "retierd".

That is all.

Stm. The only things Limbaugh is an expert about are; draft dodging, getting divorced, drug addiction, and illegal transactions. Other than that he is just another blowhard talking head whose audience is angry white males. I listened to his show for half an hour recently, and his sponsors included a hair loss product, an obesity drug (not the ones he used), and a boner drug. You can draw you own conclusions on the target market. When Limbaugh says "I'm not making this up folks", there is a better than even chance he is doing just that.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

No,not my job. But if you feel the urge then go ahead.
    This is my source.
    http://www.masscops.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7552
    you have got to be kidding. there have been several posts that you have taken from a masscops forum and posted them here. have many have been proven to be totally false (the most recent one I can remember being the "this town made a law saing vol FFs can pull you over if you don't yield the right of way"). when will you learn, double check your facts, and when your provide a source, don't use masscops, but rather the actually source where the article was written (something I had thought you had started doing, but apparently had not).'

instead of taking something at face value, maybe you should use that brain of yours (you know the small thing between your ears) to make sure what you are posting is actually true.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Thread Information