Thread: FDIC

MembersZone Subscriber

Default FDIC

Can't hurt to ask now I suppose, anyone going to Indy this year for FDIC?

Alexis usually has a nice little reception, which we hit. I'm suspecting that our next engine will be another Alexis, after defecting from them for our last unit (which was a bit of a departure from what Alexis normally does). Either way, if any of you find your way into their reception, I'm sure we'll be there. Let me know if anyone will be around for that, its a smaller deal so it shouldn't be hard to find someone in a crowd there.

Heh - we just spent big bucks on new MSA packs and are a beta-test for their new accountability/tracking system that should be introduced at the show this year, but our local sales drone didn't think he could muster up nine tickets for entry into MSA's "little" after show hours reception. I suspect someone will find some way for us to get in.

Always nice to put faces to names.

Sutphen has a new chassis snout that makes Spartan's Evolution look beautiful. Looking forward to seeing that. MSA should have their accountability system there which should compete with Scott's system, though MSA may have some newer ideas. Anyone else know of anything new and exciting that will be at the show?
    Last edited by npfd801; 03-16-2005 at 10:21 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Tech Trucks

Rosenbauer America Booth

Tech Trucks....

You have to see these things....

Come find out for yourself!!!!!
    FF/Instructor
    "Train as you life depends on it, IT DOES!!"
    IACOJ
    MABAS 32

MembersZone Subscriber

We actually saw at least one (I think two) being built at General during our pre-construction meeting up there a couple of months ago.

I really like what General builds, but their proposal for our next engine was WAY expensive. Our last truck they were a lot more competitive, and won our business.

Forum Member

Alexis just finished our new brush truck right on time as promised, even with having to reorder the chassis. Only cost 41+K. Its a F-350 with a triton V10.
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't get me wrong, we've got five Alexis rigs dating back to '91.
    Each rig, in my opinion, has been pretty reliable. The two that I'm most worried about were Ford chassis issues, which really isn't an Alexis issue.

Is your brush rig going to Indy? The Harlem Roscoe squad (in progress) on their site is supposed to be making the trip.

Forum Member

I'm not sure if they will take it to any shows or not. They did take our pumper they buit a few years ago to one in Springfield I believe a few summers ago.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Lightbulb Illinois Shows

I must say that if you can get to FDIC, it is well worth the trip. If not I would say Peoria Chiefs show is the best in Illinois. The Fire Prot. Dist show in springfield has gone down hill. I wish they would combine the 2 shows and make 1. Springfield is where my dept sends 10 people every year (until this year) to see whats new and improved in the fire service. But this year the members in charge of purchasing for the FD are going to FDIC, and Peoria.

Just my thoughts, Stay Safe
    FF/Instructor
    "Train as you life depends on it, IT DOES!!"
    IACOJ
    MABAS 32

MembersZone Subscriber

Our new General unit is supposedly being slotted for production to be complete in time to be shown at Illinois Chiefs (and some Wisconsin show that isn't Monroe), so perhaps our unit will make the trip down there in time. All depends on the chassis being complete, so it's out of everyone else's hands until that time comes.

Stupid question, I suppose - the Peoria show is open to more than just command personnel, right? Not that my poor wife deserves me being away from home any more than I already am...

Forum Member

I will be going to FDIC for sure and would not think of missing the Alexis festivities there.

The Peoria Cheifs show is open to anyone and if you show department ID in the past you have got in for free.
    Proud to Be Crusty!!!!

"The time to train is not the time of need!" - LDH

Forum Member

we were able to use our new brush truck built by alexis. Worked perfectly. It almost got stuck at the second fire of the day but it was because of the tires, its got just stock tires, not off-roaders. It's difficult to find tires for the F-350. Tires are an odd shaped.

MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

I've heard that Ford doesn't like customers to change those stock tires, either. Something about voiding the warranty. Anybody had this problem?
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Does this have anything to do with the Exploders rolling over and the fight between Ford and Firestone?

Go GM.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Thread Information