Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Field Samples

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Field Samples

This is a question to all Fire Personnel in the field doing sampling at Haz-mat incidents. I have been a firefighter for six years and now work for a company in Idaho that has developed a new technology for taking samples in the field for fire and army personnel. Right now we are wanting to know from the people who matter, the ones taking the samples, is there a need for this technology? To get an idea of what the technology is please feel free to visit our web site. www.m-vac.com.

Thanks for your time.

MembersZone Subscriber

I hope that no one thinks this is a sales pitch. We have been working with a few fire departments in our area and would also like some outside input. From different FD. Right now the unit is 60lbs and we are wondering if that is to much. We are in the process of making it smaller but are still haveing problems with that. So I gues what I am asking is. Is 60lbs to much weight for this unit??

Thanks for your interest.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default field samples

I am interested in looking at your product but am unable to access the website please get me some information on this
    thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

I am not sure why the website is giving you a hard time but if you would like to e-mail me at tim@m-vac.com i can e-mail you some information. it would be a little much for me to post on here. i will also work on seeing why the website is not working for you. Thank you for your reply.

MembersZone Subscriber

also try this link www.microbial-vac.com

Forum Member

Default vac

Looks like a good product for lab work, not very practical in everyday field use, especially in level a or b suits.

MembersZone Subscriber

We have large cities looking at this product to use in the field. It makes it safer and easier to use than a swab. It covers more area also. We are working on making it smaller at this point. Cities like Boston and NYC have already shown interest but we wanted to get more input. This is a field sampling unit and making it smaller to use with any suit is in progress.

Thread Information