Forum Member

Default Um........Yeah...........This is a bit weird.......

Wow. This would have gotten like at least 3 alarms to make sure everyone heard about it......

Not everything that blows up is a bomb

Premature inflation of sex toy sparks alert at German post office

Updated: 10:54 a.m. ET March 16, 2005BERLIN - An inflatable sex doll sparked a bomb alert in a German post office after it started to vibrate inside a package awaiting delivery, police said Wednesday.

“Workers were unsettled when it began vibrating and made strange noises,” a spokesman for police in the eastern city of Chemnitz said. “They were worried the package might be a bomb.”

Officers brought the sender to the scene and discovered the source of alarm was an electrical device inside the life-size female sex doll. The man told police he had wanted to return the doll because it kept turning itself on at the wrong moment.

Order was restored after the sender removed the doll’s batteries so the defective product could be returned.

Copyright 2005 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

The manufacturers need to put one of those labels (like on hair dryers) Please remove batteries before packing into luggage or shipping!!! I have heard of luggage getting opened and detained when marital aids turned on!!
    9/11/01 Never forget Never forgive

Dusty, working on Crusty IACOJ

Forum Member

Is there ever a wrong moment for your "significant other" (inflatable or otherwise) to get turned on ?????

Forum Member

I bet that would get someone a little embarassed......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

I geuss he didnt get all his BANG for his buck Maybe he just bought the self satisfying model!
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

District Chief

Just goes to show you that mailing with the Post Office is not always safe!!!!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

MembersZone Subscriber

I used to work for UPS loading the trucks in the morning. We had one of those sex shops on the route. Some boxes used to come off the sorting machine all mangled, we used to get a glimpse of all sorts of "toys". Amazing what is out there. Looked like some of those toys needed a 220!
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

Forum Member

Maybe he just bought the self satisfying model!
    Nahh...the self satisfying model would've made sure the living room was repainted before it went back!
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

How does someone forget to take the batteries out prior to shipping a product like this back? ROFLMFAO
    I have no ambition in this world but one.. That is to be a Firefighter! The position in the eyes of some may appear to be a lowly one... It is a nobel calling

Forum Member

Originally posted by SmokeEater1
    How does someone forget to take the batteries out prior to shipping a product like this back? ROFLMFAO
    Apparently he had other things on his mind. If the machine turned on at the wrong time, he probably was upset that he couldn't even please a doll, let alone a real woman.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Disillusioned Subscriber

Originally posted by sbfdco1
    I used to work for UPS loading the trucks in the morning. We had one of those sex shops on the route. Some boxes used to come off the sorting machine all mangled, we used to get a glimpse of all sorts of "toys". Amazing what is out there. Looked like some of those toys needed a 220!
    When you see a label for these things that say Caution: Use 2 cycle fuel mix only you really have to just wonder what the hell?!
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Uh Huh..........................

Originally posted by Steamer
    When you see a label for these things that say Caution: Use 2 cycle fuel mix only you really have to just wonder what the hell?!
    Boy, Talk about the Understatement of the Day......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Default Hmmm

Would that be a case of premature vibration? If so I can recommend som products that keep getting emailed to me >(

MembersZone Subscriber

Default That explains a lot!

"Hey mom, look at the balloon I found at the post office...

...Can I keep it?"

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Be safe y'all!
    IACOJ Animal Control
    Ladder 8
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Forum Member

Ladder 8,

Is that your boy?

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by DaSharkie
    Ladder 8,

Is that your boy?

No, but he sure acts like that sometimes...
    Be safe y'all!
    IACOJ Animal Control
    Ladder 8

Forum Member

we were working a full arrest one night and the patient stayed in persistant v-fib dispite being defibrillated 9 times. after the battery alarm began to go off on the lifepack 10 we decided to go ahead and load the patient for transport since we would soon loose monitor capability. we went to move the patient and it was then that we saw a mysterious cord running under the patient....you guessed it...he had a silver bullet sex toy in his you know what, we figured that the vibration from the toy made it look like v-fib on the monitor, thus causing us to shock the hell out of this guy.

Forum Member

Originally posted by peon30
    we were working a full arrest one night and the patient stayed in persistant v-fib dispite being defibrillated 9 times. after the battery alarm began to go off on the lifepack 10 we decided to go ahead and load the patient for transport since we would soon loose monitor capability. we went to move the patient and it was then that we saw a mysterious cord running under the patient....you guessed it...he had a silver bullet sex toy in his you know what, we figured that the vibration from the toy made it look like v-fib on the monitor, thus causing us to shock the hell out of this guy.
    Uh, uh, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, this situation begs me to ask the question........

Exactly who was it that removed the item to confirm asystole?

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by DaSharkie

Uh, uh, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, this situation begs me to ask the question........

Exactly who was it that removed the item to confirm asystole?

Sharkie,

Hate to point this out, but you left an "s" out of "asystole"...
    Be safe y'all!
    IACOJ Animal Control
    Ladder 8

Thread Information