Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Default TIC statutory basis?

In the section of the grant application where you add equipment, is a TIC on question 5 needed for any statutory basis?
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Not that I know of. SCBA is about the only thing that I can think of in the 30 seconds since I read your question. Because OSHA is federal law and covers respiratory protection for employees. Everything else is regulatory, unless your state has something specific.

Sorry, it's after 3:30pm on a weekday, I don't get paid to think quickly until 6am tomorrow morning.

Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Thanks, BC79er. I thought that, but just wanted to make sure. Our grant writer was killed in a med evac crash and I've taken over his "job" so we can expect more questions as I worh through the process. Which leads to another question, I'm doing the final review on the 2003 award, how much detail do I need to use on the final narrative?
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

MembersZone Subscriber

I haven't done a final yet, because we had to get an extension on our 2003 grant, but the 3 semi-annuals and the amendment I've completed were done short & sweet, no more than a paragraph really, and they haven't had any problems with them...

This is a great place to turn for information, BC79er definately has his finger on the pulse of the grant program, and I don't think there's a situation that you could run into that somebody in these forums hasn't already been through.

Good luck with your application this year and sorry to hear about your friends passing. My thoughts are with you, his family & friends.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

My condolences as well.

jp is right, short and sweet is all they really need. And want actually, the less they have to read the better, they've got 100s of these things to go through. All they need to know is that the money was spent on what you asked for, and the matching was appropriate. Meaning that if you had to match 10%, you did at least that.

Forum Member

Default TIC Narrative

Does anyone have an award winning narrative for a TIC? We are going to apply for TIC and Gas detection. Will they pay for the extended warranty on the TIC also? We are a small rural department serving 211 people and 108 square miles. Any help would be greatly appreciated. richard@uscenter.net

FH Mag/.com Contributor

The magic two web sites for info:

www.firegraphics.org/grants.htm

www.dragonflynet.com

The cost of shipping equipment purchased under this program is also an eligible expense but extended warranties are not eligible.
    Cash in hand changes many things. If after the award the TIC salesfolks decide to give you a cash discount and include the warranty in the original price, there's nothing wrong with that from my angle. Or DHS's for that matter. Lots of manufacturers drop their prices after departments get awards, that's how people end up buying more or different stuff. You can also overmatch if awarded and pay for the warranty yourself. Just because DHS won't pay for it as part of your project, doesn't mean you can't get it.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Back to the original topic: OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 is the law on 2in-2out. Most will agree 2 out ought to have a camera, but it's not part of the law per se. 2 in should have a TIC according to me, but that's neither here nor there.

Thread Information