Forum Member

Default Postage questions?

I will be doing a medium size mailing in about a week (30 people). I have labeled all the envelopes. I will be enclosing a self addressed / stamped envelope for form return.
    Would it be smart to also put my address on the return address along with my maling address for the self addresed/stamped envelopes?
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

Default Re: Postage questions?

Originally posted by CaptainMikey
    Would it be smart to also put my address on the return address along with my maling address for the self addresed/stamped envelopes?
    Assuming that this is for the fire department... I'd say that if the mail is checked and collected on a daily basis, then simply put the FD address as the return address and on the self addressed/stamped envelopes. However, if the mail is rarely gathered and it's more likely to get lost/stole/misplaced.. then I'd simply have all letters sent back to your address. On the self-addressed envelopes I'd write Your Department's Name, C/O Your Name, Your address, etc. That way you wouldn't open the letter before it got to the department.. that is if this is something that might contain confidential information. Hope that helps... some..!

Forum Member

This is not FD mail. Just personal stuff.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

CaptainMikey, you've done the important part by including to "mail to address" and the stamp. But if you don't need to know who it's coming back from, what the heck, add your return address to make it easier for your friends/clients/family/whoever to just pop it back in the mail to you.

Forum Member

Default Re: Postage questions?

Originally posted by CaptainMikey
    That's actually what I do when I doing mailings for both my business and my fd. This way even if it has issues (stamp falls off, etc) it still gets back to you.

I hope you either have a stamper or are printing these things on the computer. If not, approx 30 recipients??? Hope you like your address since you'll be writing it like 60 times

Forum Member

I got a box of 5000 labels. I got sick and tired of writing my address.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B

Forum Member

I got a box of 5000 labels. I got sick and tired of writing my address.
    Just promise me your not gonna start mailing yourself stuff

Forum Member

Talking

When mailing just a few items, put your address as the Send to address, the address of who you want it to go to as the return address, don't put a stamp on and put in the mailbox. Post office will return it to sender (who you wanted it to go to) but mark it No Postage. Free Mail.

--- disclaimer ---
    Of course, this may land you in jail as it's most likely some type of Federal offense.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information