Thread: All Things Irish Quiz
03-17-2005, 07:05 AM #1
All Things Irish Quiz
Take our quiz below and test your Irish I.Q!
1. Some areas in Ireland are known to receive this many inches of rain each year, which accounts for the brilliantly green grass that has earned Ireland the nickname the "emerald isle":
2. "Erin Go Bragh," a phrase heard often on St. Patrick's Day, means:
I Love Ireland
Brave and Free
Ireland, My Home
3. Irish tradition says that anyone who kisses the blarney stone, which is located near this town, will be blessed with the Irish "gift of gab":
4. This Nobel Prize-winning Irish poet and playwright was also a senator of the Irish Free State from 1922 to 1928:
George Bernard Shaw
William Butler Yeats
5. This film, shot in Ireland in 1952, was directed by John Ford:
The Quiet Man
6. Traditional Irish music has found an international audience with the popularity of such Celtic bands as:
Sweet Honey in the Rock
7. Today, the prime minister of the Republic of Ireland is:
8. In November 1995, the people of Ireland narrowly passed a referendum legalizing:
9. With 27,136 square miles of land, the Republic of Ireland is approximately half the size of this U.S. state:
10. Today, this number of Americans trace their ancestry back to Ireland:
William Butler Yeats
The Quiet Man
Forty millionALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
LT. John Ginley Engine 40
FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40
"If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
03-17-2005, 07:44 AM #2
Ray.....where do you get this stuff! Happy St. Patricks Day!09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
"Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.
03-17-2005, 03:58 PM #3
Happy Saint Patty's Day, Laddie's and Lassie's.
May you get to Heaven and get settled before the old devil finds out that you are gone.
Stay Safe and Well Out There....
Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers
03-17-2005, 04:43 PM #4
Nuthin' like the Luck o' the Irsih.
Happy St. Pattys Day Everyone!I have no ambition in this world but one.. That is to be a Firefighter! The position in the eyes of some may appear to be a lowly one... It is a nobel calling
03-17-2005, 04:59 PM #5
- Join Date
- Apr 2004
- San Francisco, California
HAPPY ST PATTYS DAY EVERYONE!!! BE GREEN!!!*~Fareen the Green Queen~*
live life to the fullest cuz u dont know whats gonna happen tomorrow
"Thanks for the joy you've given me
I want you to know I believe in your song
And rhythm, and rhyme, and harmony
You helped me along, you're makin' me strong...Give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and DRIFT AWAY" Uncle Kracker/Dobie Gray
AIM SN: greensfflame27
03-17-2005, 05:07 PM #6
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Now let's get drunk and be merry!
I can't always find something green to wear, but I don't need to; I have green blood!
A round of Ireland's favorite brew for all the lads and lasses.TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
Proud Member of IACOJ
9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343
03-17-2005, 09:03 PM #7
Happy St. Paddy's Day, everyone!The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)