Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Angry A22 Manchester Square (London to close)

Changes to the London fire brigade, including the closure of a station and the transfer of 10 appliances from the centre to the outskirts of the capital, were given the go-ahead today.

The London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority said more than 1,000 extra incidents a year will now get a second fire engine within eight minutes of an emergency call.

Around 128 firefighters’ jobs will be lost through natural wastage out of a total of 180 posts being cut.

Authority chairwoman Val Shawcross said: “We are introducing major changes to make London safer and will focus harder than ever on our message that prevention is better than cure.

“The safety plan builds on the successful community fire-safety work our firefighters are already doing, which is making a real difference, and we will improve our emergency response to incidents across the capital.”

The Fire Brigades Union attacked the decision and said it would consider its next move.

General secretary Andy Gilchrist said: “This is extremely bad news for Londoners. The fire authority has ignored the results of a consultation.

“It beggars belief that in the current climate anyone should want to make cuts in a service that would be in the front line of responding to any terrorist attack.”

Default Logical conclusion?

If I understand the "Spokesperson"-close one station equals "safer",
    my solution is to shut all stations! This will make London 100% safer.

Problem solved-I am now qualified to enter politics.
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry

Manchester Square covers Oxford street and part of the west end of London that are very poular with tourist and very busy. These include embasies, Hotels, Main line and Underground train stations and many other risks. They run over 3000 calls a year including covering other stations grounds.

Yet it is closed just like that to make London a safer city.

Politicians make no sense then expect you to vote for them.

I hope nothing similar happens to you guys over the water.

Thread Information