Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FF2 Test

Forum Member

Default FF2 Test

I am taking the national FF2 test this weekend (in PA) and was wondering if there are any free online practice tests or quizzes. Any advice or other resources would also be appreciated.

IFSTA Essentials of Firefighting 4th edition...memorize it

MembersZone Subscriber

Follow Ron's advice. When I took this test, everything was straight out of the book.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ff2 test

hello brother... i am taken the ff 1 test on sat and plan on taken the ff2 test on sunday ...drop me a line and maybe we can meet up....
    email is ems2710@yahoo.com

remember stay low and cool

mike

MembersZone Subscriber firepimp's Avatar

Good luck I failed the written my first time , and passed my second time , all the questions come word for word out of the essentials book but ones you may have thought weren't on there alls I have to say is study and study some more till you puke and crap out the words. And then some of the questions are so simple that your just dumb founded and can't remember just relax study and practice very good luck to you.
    " We are not extraordinary people , we are people caught in extraordinary situations. " Chapter 1 IFSTA Manual

imo even though its been a few years since i have taken it , its not that bad , just review the essentials book and you will be fine , and if you used the same essentials for ff1 it will be even easier for yah .. i think i score in the high 90's on both tests ..... now my emt test lol thats another horrable story lol

Forum Member

Some of our group took the test the other day and reported that it was almost entirely on Hazmat. Several questions on foam and some on incident command. They said there was hardly anything from the essentials book. Anyone else have this experience?

Forum Member

If I can remember correctly, when I took the FF2 test most of the questions concerned Vehicle extrication, building construction, and ICS.

Good luck on your test.

Forum Member

Hey OnWithTheShow, by any chance are you taking the test in Chester County? If so, I'll be seeing you there. Right now I'm on a break from studying my ***** off, which I should probably get back to, cuz it's getting kinda late. Oh yeah, get this everyone, I left my backpack full of my notes and everything from the FFII class at the station up at school. I'm so smart aren't I? Luckily, my brother has the Essentials book from his class, so I commandeered that. Good luck to everyone taking the test!

Forum Member

Onwiththeshow and Berks2Montco84-
    I hope you both did well on the tests this weekend. Just in case things did not go as you expected or know anyone else in your stations that might be interested in taking the class this year, Montgomery County, PA fire academy is offering the class on the following dates:

Class Dates and Times: May 17,24,31; June 7,21,28, 2005 - 6:45 p.m. until 10:45 p.m

Montgomery county, PA fire academy website: http://www.montcopa.org/eoc/Fire_Academy/MCFAHome.htm

but as I said in the first place, I hope you both did well on the tests

Thread Information