Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Vehicle Inspection diagram

Hi.

I am looking for diagrams of fire apparatus(truck, engine, ambulance, utility vehicle, etc.) similar to the diagram that a car rental agency uses when they inspect a vehicle both pre and post use for damage. I want to be able to adapt this to the fire service and incorporate as part of a daily vehicle check. does anyone know of any website that I can go to print out such diagrams?

Thanks.

Forum Member

Default truck diagrams

You may want to contact your local fire apparatus dealers in your area and see if they have sample drawings or maybe even a drawing of the trucks in your departments fleet. You then could take some white-out and clean the pages up (hide demension and text you don't want).

Use a copier to reduce or enlarge the pictures to suit your needs. Hope it helps.

Forum Member

Cool diagrams

I like your idea but depending on the size of the fleet and the exhuberance of the engineers you may find yourself swamped with drawings that are so marked up they will mean little. If they mark down every paint chip/scratch, ding, dent and small item you will get lost in the small stuff and unable to fix the major stuff. Our guys are pretty rough on the equipment as far as dents, dings and such. Good luck.

gotta agree with lvwrench..........is for the daily check or damage only ? Isnt there a company log kept that would have info like that notated providing the crew knew about it ? if you need a daily check sheet let me know ......could probably email you one.....
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

We use a cheklist daily for equipment. We number each compartment and list the equipment in it. This on a simple sheet we made with MS Word. Damage to the rig or equipment is listed in the staion log and a damaged equipment form which is sent to the mechanic.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber
    Asheville, North Carolina, United States of America

Default Check lists

Give VFIS a call. They have a "sugessted" check list for darn near everything, which can be adapted easily for your local needs. And they are available to you weither you are insured by their company or not.

The "fire pyramid" is great, but do not forget the "fire square"...heat, fuel, oxygen, and the frie chief...remove any one of them and the fire will be put out.

Thread Information