Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Question Mercedes Textiles - Future Line Hose

Is anyone out there using Mercedes Textiles, Future Line Brand fire hose? If so, what are your thoughts and experience with it?

I'm about to equip a new pumper and quint with hose, and our salesman is reccomending this brand for a double jacket, rubber coated 1-3/4 line. I have not used or seen this previously, but it is lighter and slightly cheaper than the rubber jacket stuff we have traditionally used.

Just looking for some testimonials either way. Thanks.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Never used the hose...but...

One of the machines that the company uses quite often (well, one of the types) was produced here in Vermont.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

We use it at the volunteer department that i'm on and we cant keep the stuff on the truck every time we use it we got to take a length or two off because its FULL of pin holes the last length we took off looked like it was weeping forestry hose.

Quote Originally Posted by mcaldwell View Post
    Is anyone out there using Mercedes Textiles, Future Line Brand fire hose? If so, what are your thoughts and experience with it?

I'm about to equip a new pumper and quint with hose, and our salesman is reccomending this brand for a double jacket, rubber coated 1-3/4 line. I have not used or seen this previously, but it is lighter and slightly cheaper than the rubber jacket stuff we have traditionally used.

Just looking for some testimonials either way. Thanks.

If this hose is so great, ask the salesperson to lend the department some to test. Then test the heck out of it and see if it was the saleperson says.

We never believe them anyway. We wanted the to supply some hose, nozzles, gloves, helmets, coats, etc to test ourselves but we would buy.

If they say no you have to buy it, tell the Bye!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Mercedes is a canadian company and to be quite honest if the same people are there I wouldn't buy diddly from them, the most hateful factory guy, even got to using foul language. Go with Jaffery from ATI, an american company and has a great warranty.
    Am I being effective in my efforts or am I merely showing up in my fireman costume to watch a house burn down?Ē (Joe Brown, www.justlookingbusy.wordpress.com)

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Post And..............

Marty, Never heard of them, or their hose. I'm with Capt. Oldtimer on this......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    If this hose is so great, ask the salesperson to lend the department some to test. Then test the heck out of it and see if it was the saleperson says.

We never believe them anyway. We wanted the to supply some hose, nozzles, gloves, helmets, coats, etc to test ourselves but we would buy.

If they say no you have to buy it, tell the Bye!
    If you're just equipping one pumper with an NFPA/ISO load of hose who is going to give you freebies to trash? Sure not the case in this area. If you're talking a few thousand ft then perhaps. Same for other gear, if you're looking t buy hundreds could get a demo. Not when you're shopping for 10pcs.

Just cut to the chase and look at this company. -->> http://www.niedner.com/

If you are in the US stay with US companies.

Check around other departments in your area and see what they are using. Get their pros and cons on their hose.

He is in Canada...

That being said, if money was not an issue I would be specing High Combat for the attack lines.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    He is in Canada...

That being said, if money was not an issue I would be specing High Combat for the attack lines.
    That is a good hose line too.

Thread Information