Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Question Please help with closeout!

I need some help with the closeout part. On the request for details, are we supposed to put into the report what each piece of equipment cost or the federal share amout?
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey. Last year, for the first time, a dept. I had written the grant for (which is also m home dept.) asked me to take care of their administrative side (close-out reports, making sure their files are in order, etc). Needless to say, I had a ton of questions on the closeout. I spent about 45 mins. on the phone with the Regional Fire Rep for DHS WHILE I WALKED THRU the close-out.
    I recommend this, since YOUR regional people will be the one who receives it and reads it. Better to get it straight from the horse's mouth and avoid any unnecessary scrutiny.

I think every dept. has probably done theirs a little differently (at least the ones around here I called prior to talking to DHS). That's what prompted me to just call them. Make sure you allow plenty of time to ask them all the questions, they really are pretty helpful! Good Luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

I just completed our closeout report for the vehicle exhaust system about a month ago. Again I made phone calls to clarify what they were looking for. They are looking for the total cost of each piece of equipment (federal/department share). If an item costs more than originally budgeted, they want to see that figure. They also want to see what you paid for that was not part of the grant.

For ex.

Both of our systems went over budget due to unforseen changes. The additional amount was added to each system and shown in the details.

The department picked up the cost of vehicle modifications and electrical work. This was shown in the equipment details, even though this was paid through the department's budget.

To date I have not recieved any confirmation that they have accepted or rejected the closeout report.

MembersZone Subscriber

We received an email on the Application site (Mail Center) of confirmation of our close-out received. However, the same folks who do this are the ones doing all the workshops and dealing with the kazillion calls right now on the AFGP. You may want to follow up with an email asking them if they received it...just to CYA.

MembersZone Subscriber

I did recieve the confirmation e-mail that the closeout report was recieved. I believe once they approve the closeout you are informed that the process is complete. That's what we're waiting for now.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just went back through our email file, and we never received anything other than that initial notice saying it was received. (We completed it in January). I did email our RFPS that I spoke with and asked him to let me know if there was anything further he needs, and I have spoken with him several times sent about other issues (this years app., the workshops) and have not heard anything further...

MembersZone Subscriber

I went back to the closeout instructions and found this:

"Upon completion of all required actions, the submission of all required items, and any appropriate financial adjustments and payments, FEMA will advise you in writing when the award can be considered closed out."

I guess we need to wait until they inform us officially that award is cosed out.

MembersZone Subscriber

I called our RFPS today and asked. He stated that you are supposed to receive an email or some type (after the initial notification of submission screen). However, he said there's only like 5 people doing the entire country's close-outs. He recommending checking the email and the Mail Center weekly and if after several months, either call or email to follow-up.

I mentioned that I had emailed over 2 weeks ago asking a question concerning an 1199 question (for our new grant - just notified 2 weeks ago) and not heard a word from Grant Management, he said that we would find out very quickly when we ask for those funds if they approved our close-out! As you can not receive new funds unless the close-out has been completed and accepted.

Thread Information