Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scba ?

Forum Member

Default Scba ?

We got a quote on some Interspiro units, has anyone here used or have any of these units and give me some feed back please.
    Thanks
    Bill

Permanently Removed AsstEngineer292's Avatar

No, my station uses MSA CRBN Packs but I can get some info for you. I'll have the info for you later today.

Permanently Removed AsstEngineer292's Avatar

New packs comply to all current safety standards- NIOSH, NFPA, OSHA
    A new LED-based display along the left side of the mask lens gives hands-free indication of remaining cylinder pressure and a visual low air alarm.
    Features a pivoting harness back plate, buddy breathing hose, dual redundant End-Of-Service-Time (EOST) indicator and integrated PASS Alarm.
    New Integrated Personal Alert Safety System (PASS) devices which are automatically activated when a pack is used. These devices are to alert other firefighters if a firefighter is injured and incapacitated. If no movement is detected for approximately 20 seconds the device begins an alert tone which continues to increase in volume. This device can also be activated manually by a firefighter who needs assistance.
    PASS Alarms work with the T-PASS 3 system, a new telemetry system which features two way communication between the command post and the firefighter via the PASS alarm - If a firefighter's alarm is activated the ID number is immediately transmitted to the command post so the officer knows who is in trouble.
    The T-PASS 3 system also allows the PASS device to be activated from the command post to warn firefighters that they should evacuate, for example when a building collapse is imminent. The incident commander may select to issue a warning to all or just particular PASS devices to alert firefighters of danger. This is new feature is a significant improvement in firefighter safety.
    Feature a "Heads-Up" display to allow a firefighter to visually monitor the level of air in his/her bottle.
    All packs now include a RIC connection to allows for rapid refilling of air cylinders in emergency situations

Thread Information