Thread: Eeeeekkkkk

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Arrow Eeeeekkkkk

I guess she was a pretty sound sleeper, to have not noticed being moved around a fair bit. Strange that the employee was on his own. In the company I work with, we always have a crew of two for body pickups AND pt transfers. No more - no less. (Well... except for when training new hands.... then there might be three.)

Surrey woman's final journey not so final

CanWest News Service Monday, March 21, 2005

VANCOUVER -- Reports of death were greatly exaggerated in the case of a Surrey woman who was mistaken for a dead person and taken to the morgue.

"It is a very unusual story," said Fraser Valley Health spokeswoman Helen Carkner.

A driver for a private company who made the mistake was fired after the mixup was discovered in a hospital corridor as the "corpse" woke up before placement at the morgue.

Carkner blamed the error on a transportation company employee who didn't check the paperwork before loading the "body" onto a gurney.

Carkner maintained proper procedures were handled by provincially funded staff at both the care facility and the hospital.

The incident began Saturday at the Shirley Dean care facility across from Surrey Memorial Hospital.

Two elderly women were in a room; one was sleeping, the other had died and was awaiting transfer to the morgue. A nurse accompanied the driver into the room, pointed to the deceased and left.

According to Carkner, the driver loaded the 87-year-old sleeping woman onto the gurney by mistake and took her to the transfer vehicle as she continued a sound sleep. The driver deposited the "body" in a hospital corridor and left.

Carkner said officials at the care facility by this time realized the mistake when they checked the care facility room.

"They phoned the morgue and alerted them to the mistake," she said.

Just then, a porter at the hospital noticed a leg moving on the "body."

The company is investigating the incident.

Times Colonist (Victoria) 2005
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

He He He........ Can you imagine the look on the Porter's face?????
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

What about the look on her face?? Its like something out of monty python - " im not dead yet" = " oh no?????" whack "you are now then arent you!!!"
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

Thread Information