Forum Member

Thumbs down Cheating scandal rocks Connecticut State Fire Academy

Cheating scandal rocks Connecticut State Fire Academy, Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control, City of Norwalk Fire Department, Stamford Volunteer Company Belltown.

. Connecticut Fire Academy and Local Stamford CT Volunteers Companyís have been training 17 years old candidates and letting them receive there Firefighter I certification for last seven years. This is very big violation of State of Connecticut State regulation and Connecticut Labor Occupation codes.

.State of Connecticut statue clearly states you must be 18 years old years before you can take both Practical and Written exam for Firefighter I in the State OF Connecticut.

. City of Norwalk Fire Department and Connecticut Fire Academy have been letting local citizens receiving State of Connecticut Firefighter I certification though a fake Fire Company named Hope Hose Company. City of Norwalk Fire Department is an all Paid Fire Department and Hope Hose Company was never part of Volunteer Companys that shut down about 50 years ago.

. State of Connecticut statue clearly states you must be part of Active Fire Company in State of Connecticut to receive your State of Connecticut Firefighter I certification. Hope Hose Company is sure not an active Fire Company in City of Norwalk or Connecticut itís a fake company.

.A complaint was file with State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette and Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control. But Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette and State of Connecticut Fire Commissioners will not investigation this matter because one of 17 years old that received his Firefighter I certification his father happens to be Deputy Chief of the City of Stamford Fire Department and happens to be very close friends with Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette and State of Connecticut Fire Commissioners. All of the people that received there training legally all work for City of Norwalk Fire Department and the President of Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control is also President of State of Connecticut IAFF.

If Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control revoke the cheaters Firefighter I certification they will lose there jobs with City of Norwalk. And this will make President of Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control and President of State of Connecticut IAFF look real bad.

.All Firefighting certifications and Rules should be followed and there should be no special treatment given to people who known people in high place. There should be an even playing field when receiving State of Connecticut certification.

. State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette and Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control have made State of Connecticut Fire Service look like a big joke with this scandal and by not enforcing there own rules. A big Shame on you State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette , Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control for letting down the State Connecticut Firefighters.

.Now with Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control not enforcing there own rules opens door for people who failed any parts of State Of Connecticut Fire certifications. If the guys who received certifications legally donít follow rules why do you? You have right to appeal any test you failed though Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control and you should get your State Of Connecticut Fire certifications granted to you right of way. You have rights too.

Again a big shame on you Connecticut State Fire Academy, Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control, City of Norwalk Fire Department, Stamford Volunteer Company Belltown , State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette for disgracing State of Connecticut Fire Service.

If you are outrage Connecticut Firefighter like me please voice you opinion By calling Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control and State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette at Phone -860-627-6363 or Fax 860-654-1889.

If you need any information please Email me @ masona300@yahoo.com

Jason Mason
    Connecticut Firefighter

Forum Member

Would you care to site your sources of this? There is no way that garble of random words with no puncuation came from a news media article.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Default In defense of the Connecticut Fire Academy

I don't think I believe any of this (I know someone from Belltown and I'll ask). My experiences with the state fire school have been very positive, the instructors were very professional

I believe that the law states that you must be at least 18 years old to take the tests, we have sometimes been able to time candidates birthdays with testing dates such that they have just turned 18 before the test (just a few days in one case). You may train a candidate under 18. This is legal and ethical as far as we can determine (even though we're not a Norwalk or Stamford FD).

As already stated the poster needs to present verifiable sources (and no, I don't think I'll be calling to voice my outrage based on this email).

Bill.

Forum Member

Hey whflhff

Go back to your friend at Stamford Belltown Fire Dept ask him about Peter Brown who is member of both Norwalk paid Fire Dept and Belltown Fire Dept. Who father is the Deputy Chief of the City of Stamford Fire Department.

Clearly states on Mr. Pete Brown Belltown Fire Department Application that his birth day is 6/3/79.

.Records from Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control states Mr. Pete Brown receive his Firefighter I certification on 5/20/97 that would make him only 17 years old.

. Records from Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control also show Mr. Pete Brown perform his practical exam on 5/10/97 when he was only 17 years old.

.If you like I will send you copy of Mr. Pete Brown Firefighter I certification Examination Application form dated 4/10/97 .When Mr. Pete Brown sign his name saying his was 18 years old. Buy hey he was only 17 years old? What wrong with that?

Now for Hope Hose Company and Norwalk Fire Dept there are many letters from City of Former Norwalk Fire Chief James Verda and City of Norwalk Deputy Attorney Jeffrey Spahr stating over and over again Hope Company does not belong to Norwalk Fire Dept and that they never herd of it before? What wrong with that picture?

Again a big shame on you State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette and Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control why are these people Firefighter I certification not revoked? Again big shame on you Connecticut State Fire Academy, Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control, City of Norwalk Fire Department, Stamford Volunteer Company Belltown , State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette for disgracing State of Connecticut Fire Service.

If you are outrage Connecticut Firefighter like me please voice you opinion By calling Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control and State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette at Phone -860-627-6363 or Fax 860-654-1889.

Jason Mason
    Connecticut Firefighter

State of Connecticut statue clearly states you must be 18 years old years before you can take both Practical and Written exam for Firefighter I in the State OF Connecticut.

Cite the statute.

Here's a link to help:

http://search.cga.state.ct.us/dtsear..._statutes.html

And here's a hint:

You'll get the same answer from the State Statue as from the State Statutes. Nothing.

Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control.

Which you use 5 times in the original post.

And is an organization that doesn't exist. May want to learn how to spellcheck properly...

Plus the very annoying "." to start paragraphs -- this may sound quibbling, but using wrong language & punctation doesn't exactly build people's confidence.
    ================================================== ===================

I agree with whflhff's comments.

The Commission on Fire Prevention & Control is a well organized & professional body.

Under the certification rules in place in 1997, you could have completed FFI while 17 years old and completed the tests. The issuance of the certificate would have been withheld until your 18th Birthday. (I have personal experience with this, calling the Commission to have the FFI Certificate issued for one of our members who completed FFI when he was 17, then entered the Marines shortly after turning 18. Four years later when he returned home, we called the Commission to get the certificate issued.)

I can't remember how the certificates are issued -- it's quite possible they are issued as of the day of certification (gives the state a way to track to which program of FFI you were certified), *BUT* withheld until after the 18th. So having a certificate dated before the 18th Birthday doesn't astonish me, it very well could've been dated along with the rest but issuing the certification was withheld by the CFPC until the 18th Birthday.

At some point between then and now the requirements were increased. It's now impossible to complete the practical exam before age 18, and for that matter I believe impossible to complete the curriculm requirements before that age and still comply with labor law.

While State sponsored classes have always required a minimum age of 18, local & regional classes (though using State certified instructors and using the State curriculm) were allowed to accept younger students.

The general practice *Today* and not necessarily in 1997 is you must be 18 by the point in the class that practical evolutions that would run afoul of child labor laws (heights, powered cutting tools, IDLH environments) are encountered. Generally that stuff starts about 1/3rd of the way through.

I'm not going to worry or lend much credence to an arguement that's not well stated, and on something that happened 7 years ago. Sounds like someone has an axe to grind. If he was truly concerned, the Commission meetings are open to the public.
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Forum Member

Under the certification rules in place in 1997, you could have completed FFI while 17 years old and completed the tests. The issuance of the certificate would have been withheld until your 18th Birthday. (I have personal experience with this, calling the Commission to have the FFI Certificate issued for one of our members who completed FFI when he was 17, then entered the Marines shortly after turning 18. Four years later when he returned home, we called the Commission to get the certificate issued.) You are very wrong Dalmatian90 about this from 1997 to now if you are 17 years you only can take class room work not the practical exam or written exam. Pulse you need live burn time before you can be sign off take the practical exam or written exam. If you are 17 years old you canít go inside live burn or house Fire or even being on Fire scene .So if some of you members took state practical exam or written exam at 17 years old that very wrong and your Fire Company are in violation of child labor laws. So Dalmatian90 how did your member fill there Firefighter I live burn requirement when they were 17 years old? Thanks for help me out more fuel for the fire. So Dalmatian90 what are you say is we should not follow rules? You should get your facts straight.

Jason Mason
    Connecticut Firefighter

Forum Member

Ok Mr. Brilliant. I'm still waiting to hear how you know all this. It cleary isn't factual data you've copied from the news media or an official report... unless they started hiring baboons to do their report writing. You have told us nothing but what sounds like made up BS because you are angry about something. Get real or get lost.

Sr. Information Officer

Default Re: Cheating scandal rocks Connecticut State Fire Academy

Originally posted by laserjet5
    Cheating scandal rocks Connecticut State Fire Academy, Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control, City of Norwalk Fire Department, Stamford Volunteer Company Belltown.
    I fail to see where a "scandal" has been declared. By whom? There is nothing I have found, released in the public domain that substantiates your claims of a "scandal."

Furthermore, your proclamation in these Forums, without sufficient documentation may just get you into more trouble than you've bargained for.

You...as I see it....are the only person declaring that a "scandal" exists.

If you have proof that illegal activity has, or is taking place at this facility.....perhaps you should inform the administration.

State of Connecticut, Commission on Fire Prevention and Control,
    Connecticut Fire Academy, 34 Perimeter Road, Windsor Locks, CT 06096-1069

Main Phone Number 860-627-6363
    1-877-5CT-FIRE(In-state toll free)
    Fax: 860-654-1889
    Office Hours M-F 8:30-4:30

The State Fire Administrator can be conatcted at:
    jeff.morrissette@po.state.ct.us
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Forum Member

Seriously, is it really all that hard to use proper grammar and spelling?

LaserJet, here's the bottom line:

Not only can't you write an argument with proper spelling and punctation, you are factually wrong on other parts of your argument not related to the certification issue.

If you are 17 years old you canít go inside live burn or house Fire or even being on Fire scene .

The restriction on being 18 years old is involved with several specific activities, namely working at height, with power cutting tools, and in an IDLH environment.

The practical exams in place in 1997 did not require violation of those rules (i.e. no live burn time, etc). That thankfully has changed.

Legally, in the State of Connecticut, under the regulations of ConnOSHA which regulates public employment, you can be 16 years old and work on a fireground. It's done on a regular basis, it is seen by ConnOSHA during both voluntary and non-voluntary inspections, and it is not a violation of labor law. Those members however are restricted in the activities they may perform so as to not violate the specific activities proscribed by ConnOSHA.

There may be local policies, adopted to minimize liability or other concerns, that restrict people to being 18 years old. But there is no statutory laws or regulations that make that a legal requirement.

I'll say no more on this thread, because you aren't listening. You're mistaken in your beliefs, and I like religion, I can't argue against beliefs when someone doesn't or won't accept facts.

I've been a volunteer in this State for 18 years, I've had my Instructor cert since 1997 (so maybe I'm a bit familiar with what the policies where in the year I got that?).

Bye Bye Troll,
    Hopefully my information helps those willing to listen and not trying to grind grudges.

Matt
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Forum Member

Hey Dal... we got your back!

Spring must be coming, the trolls are coming out of hibernation!! If only the trolls and the mutts would get together and chase each other around in circles so they didn't have enough time to annoy us!

Posts: 15 Cheating scandal rocks Connecticut State Fire Academy

. Connecticut Fire Academy and Local Stamford CT Volunteers Companyís have been training 17 years old candidates and letting them receive there Firefighter I certification for last seven years. This is very big violation of State of Connecticut State regulation and Connecticut Labor Occupation codes.

.State of Connecticut statue clearly states you must be 18 years old years before you can take both Practical and Written exam for Firefighter I in the State OF Connecticut.

. City of Norwalk Fire Department and Connecticut Fire Academy have been letting local citizens receiving State of Connecticut Firefighter I certification though a fake Fire Company named Hope Hose Company. City of Norwalk Fire Department is an all Paid Fire Department and Hope Hose Company was never part of Volunteer Companys that shut down about 50 years ago.

. State of Connecticut statue clearly states you must be part of Active Fire Company in State of Connecticut to receive your State of Connecticut Firefighter I certification. Hope Hose Company is sure not an active Fire Company in City of Norwalk or Connecticut itís a fake company.

.A complaint was file with State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette and Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control. But Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette and State of Connecticut Fire Commissioners will not investigation this matter because one of 17 years old that received his Firefighter I certification his father happens to be Deputy Chief of the City of Stamford Fire Department and happens to be very close friends with Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette and State of Connecticut Fire Commissioners. All of the people that received there training legally all work for City of Norwalk Fire Department and the President of Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control is also President of State of Connecticut IAFF.

If Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control revoke the cheaters Firefighter I certification they will lose there jobs with City of Norwalk. And this will make President of Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control and President of State of Connecticut IAFF look real bad.

.All Firefighting certifications and Rules should be followed and there should be no special treatment given to people who known people in high place. There should be an even playing field when receiving State of Connecticut certification.

. State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette and Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control have made State of Connecticut Fire Service look like a big joke with this scandal and by not enforcing there own rules. A big Shame on you State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette , Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control for letting down the State Connecticut Firefighters.

.Now with Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control not enforcing there own rules opens door for people who failed any parts of State Of Connecticut Fire certifications. If the guys who received certifications legally donít follow rules why do you? You have right to appeal any test you failed though Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control and you should get your State Of Connecticut Fire certifications granted to you right of way. You have rights too.

Again a big shame on you Connecticut State Fire Academy, Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control, City of Norwalk Fire Department, Stamford Volunteer Company Belltown , State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette for disgracing State of Connecticut Fire Service.

Jason Mason
    Connecticut Firefighter

What this guy post above is very true it has going on for a long time in Norwalk and Stamford area. Itís been in the Norwalk Hour News Paper many times over last 7 years. What the news papers says back up this guy claim . But these matters are still hold up in court.

Mark

But these matters are still hold up in court

What's the docket number on the court case, Mark? Or at least either the Plaintiff or Defendant names if you don't have the docket handy. Kind of would like to gather all the facts, you know, this being a court case and all. (The newspaper referenced doesn't have an online archive, not at least a searchable one*)

Nothing is showing up in the State court database for Jason Mason, Norwalk Fire (other than a dismissed lawsuit & some arbitration between the Union & the city), Belltown, or Stamford (one injunction request from the the Union against Shawn Fahan, Springdale Fire Co., and the City that hasn't had any action in over a year).

Of course, I shouldn't be replying here, 'cause I think I'm still talking to Jason -- it's a funny thing, people can create new accounts, and still have similiar enough grammar, spelling, and style errors that's it's as recognizable as a voice. And my spider-sense is telling me you're one in the same.

=================
    Although on a fascinating aside, found this tidbit while looking for to see if the Norwalk Hour had an online archive:

Old-Fashioned Newspaper Circulation War on Westportís Doorstep
    An old-fashioned daily newspaper circulation war on Westportís doorstep has been simmering for some time, but now it is heating up. What effect it will have on news coverage of Westport is unclear.

The latest salvo was fired today by the editor of The Advocate, based in Stamford. In an editorial page column, Joseph F. Pisani called last week's letter to readers by Chet Valiante, publisher of The Hour, based in Norwalk, ďa sad display of whining and demagoguery.Ē

"Chet Valiante tried to rally popular support by portraying us as interlopers and himself and his cronies as the hometown boys," Pisani said. "The simple truth, however, is that The Advocate has been in Norwalk much longer than he and his editor."

In his letter, Valiante said The Advocateís push into Norwalk had the ďsole objective of enriching the corporate coffers.Ē He said The Hour had deep roots in Norwalk, adding: ďOnly The Hour is this communityís voice. Donít be fooled.Ē

For media buffs, the battle between The Hour, which had its start in Westport in 1871, and The Advocate, founded in 1829, is especially fascinating because it pits a little guy against a big guy.

Owned by a local charitable trust, The Hour is one of seven independent daily newspapers in Connecticut and the only one in Fairfield County. (The other 10 state dailies, including The Advocate, are group-owned.) It has no other holdings aside from the Wilton Villager, a weekly, and The Stamford Times, also a weekly.

Must be something in the water down there, a little too much gold or something
    Last edited by Dalmatian90; 03-22-2005 at 07:46 PM.
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Forum Member

Originally posted by Dalmatian90
    I think I'm still talking to Jason -- it's a funny thing, people can create new accounts, and still have similiar enough grammar, spelling, and style errors that's it's as recognizable as a voice. And my spider-sense is telling me you're one in the same.
    Was thinking the same thing, Dal. LOL

I am perplexed on one thing.... if I theoretically wanted more information, what exactly would Mr. Mason be sending me via email that he couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't simply post here in the forum in the first place?

Forum Member

This whole thing rings out of tune, the more I think about it.

"Cheating scandal rocks Connecticut State Fire Academy" sounds like exciting, shocking, breaking news. Oh my goodness, what is the world coming to? Horrors! But wait, "Itís been in the Norwalk Hour News Paper many times over last 7 years. What the news papers says back up this guy claim . OK, so why are interrupting our regularly scheduled programming to tell us all about it when it is old news from back when Clinton was impeached and Titanic was in the theaters? Particularly if "these matters are still hold up in court", it would seem that the "scandal" is being handled through normal legal channels.

So if you stand by all that you have posted so far, be you Mark or Jason (or Mark AND Jason) .... when the courts are done with it - and if you feel an injustice has been done - and if you feel that posting about it here to get some satisfaction is the best course of action, then come back and tell us about it.

And post some links and references to back your claims.

And use spell check. EDIT: Actually, it appears that all of Mark's words are technically spelled correctly, but obviously no one has made a bullet proof grammar-check application yet. See, school is still good for some things, huh?

As someone said in the "helmet" thread.... command is terminated, returning to quarters. Fax the times.
    Last edited by RLFD14; 03-22-2005 at 08:11 PM.

Forum Member

Wow........ This goof just won't quit........ Looks like it'll be time for him to create another username....... 2 apparently isn't enough.....
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Hmmm, now that was an interesting google return:

Mr. Morrissette gave an update on an ongoing issue regarding a volunteer fire company
    (Hope Hose) in the City of Norwalk.
    http://vvv.state.ct.us/cfpc/pdf/apr98.pdf

Which is all it said in the minutes. From a CFPC meeting held in April, 1998.

Oh, wait a minute, let's go back to January:

Mr. Morrissette reported on an issue going on in the Norwalk area. It has come to our
    attention that we provided training and certification to individuals who have been connected
    with a volunteer fire company known as Hope Hose. At one time or possibly currently
    they are/were connected to the Norwalk Fire Department. It now appears the Company is
    inactive; however, they still have members receiving training and also some that have been
    certified. There was an individual who was not hired by the City of Norwalk as a career
    firefighter who is filing a suite because a number of people hired by the City of Norwalk
    who were part of Hope Hose were selected over him. The individual is questioning
    through his lawyer what authority our agency has to train and certify individuals not
    affiliated with an active fire department. We are continuing to research this issue.
    http://vvv.state.ct.us/cfpc/pdf/jan98.pdf

Seven years later this muck is being dragged back up?

Perhaps this is why in the latest revision of the Regulations governing certification, a specific process is being created to handle how waivers from the requirements (including being a member of a fire department -- which has a pretty liberal definition you could sneak a lot of stuff under).

You may feel wronged. Ain't gonna do you any good to keep dwelling on it. Certainly ain't going to do any good to try and bring the Commission, and especially an individual with a very good reputation.

We do a ****-poor job not only in this state but this nation of identifying and credentialling fire departments and bona-fide, functioning organizations. We finally improved in CT when the state did the distribution of thermal imagers and you had to fill out a form to get yours.

Certainly back in 1997 the State had yet to develop a solid list of bona-fide departments and relied on the honesty of those filling out the forms. From what I know of the regulations, and what I've seen here and on the net, there is certainly wiggle room to say that the "Hope Hose" issue was locals acting in good faith to comply with the regulations. The Commission is not a Judicial body. Best I'd think they could do if it was reasonably claimed that it was an honest mistake is say, "Ok, you meet all the other requirements, the Certifications stand but Hope Hose in the future won't be acceptable as a bona-fide active Fire Department." Leave it a Judge if you want to get more serious.
    Last edited by Dalmatian90; 03-22-2005 at 08:46 PM.
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Sorry Pals

Itís all public Information and itís the all true Sorry. But for you cry babies I will take there name off are you happy now ?
    Last edited by laserjet5; 03-29-2005 at 01:07 PM.

And for the first time in the what, seven years and three thousand posts...

I'm reporting someone & a post to the webteam for Violation of Terms of Service.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Posting names of individuals in that context is in very poor form, and quite possibly hits the
    -- defamatory
    -- inaccurate
    -- hateful
    -- harrassing
    -- threatening
    -- invasive of privacy

parts of the terms of service.

Carry on your personal vendettas elsewhere -- how's you're supposed lawsuit going?
    Last edited by Dalmatian90; 03-29-2005 at 10:47 AM.
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Forum Member

Thanks for putting those numbers next to the names.... at least it saved me having to count up the number of defamation lawsuits you just opened yourself up to.

Forum Member

Everyone needs to report this post. This is so insane. Normally, I am against frivilous law suits but I hope someone sues this moron for everything he's got. )(@_*$ Idiot.

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Firefighter dies from injuries during training

Monday, April 4, 2005

By Quannah Leonard

Copyright © 2005 Republican-American

WOLCOTT -- A Southington firefighter who was injured when he fell off a ladder during a training exercise at the regional state fire training school Saturday died Sunday at Saint Mary's Hospital, according to a hospital spokeswoman.

Justin Wisneiwski, a newer member of the Southington Fire Department's Company No. 1, suffered serious injuries in the fall at about 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the Wolcott State Fire School. Fire officials reported he fell off a 24-foot extension ladder and from a height of about 20 feet.

Wisneiwski, whose age wasn't available, joined the department Jan. 18. He was participating in a class for Fire 1 training, which is entry level training for firefighters, fire officials said Saturday. The session was part of a three-month class offered to area schools.

The Southington Fire Department wasn't releasing a statement late Sunday until it received official notification from the hospital, fire officials said late Sunday.

The training center on Old Boundline Road is governed by the Waterbury Area Fire Chiefs Association. Middlebury Fire Chief Paul Perrotti, also president of the association, couldn't be reached for comment late Sunday.

Wolcott Police Department investigated the accident Saturday, said Capt. Domenic Angiolillo, police spokesman. He said officials planned to meet today and either police or the association would notify the U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety & Health Administration of the training accident.

Classes at the school were suspended Sunday.

The school already has had one fatal incident. In March 2004, Prospect volunteer firefighter Robert Griffin, 38, died during a simulation maze exercise. Officials reported that Griffin collapsed from cardiac arrest during the exercise.

The school in Wolcott is one of eight fire training facilities across the state. Paid and volunteer firefighters use the centers for basic training and re-training. Firefighters also can create live fire exercises

Forum Member

Are you still here? I thought maybe you slithered back under the troll rock you crawled our from under. I digress. What the hell does this have to do with anything. This guy, one of our (YOUR!) brother firefighters is dead and you are using it in your little trolling crusade. You no longer deserve whatever title you think you have. You make me sick and should be banned for good now.

MembersZone Subscriber

Very well stated, nmfire.

There was a proper place to post that article and it wasn't here.

Go away.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Forum Member

Not only all of the above...

But if you check the Hartford Courant (local newspaper), you'll find he was 18.

full story:

http://www.courant.com/news/local/nb...,2836644.story

Thread Information