Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber SamsonFCDES's Avatar

Default Another Ebay Helmet

Been scanning Ebay since the thing with the Ground Zero fruadulent helmet jerk.

How do you feel about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...501763391&rd=1

Makes me fell uneasy...

Nothing like the jacka** with the yellow rip off helmet.

It just doesnt set well with me though...

-------------------------------------

This is a one of a kind Cairns 662 Phoenix, custom painted fire helmet designed for an upcoming auction for the Montello Volunteer Fire Department fund raiser I will post it here first to see if anyone is interested, of course all the funds will go to the Fire Department. This helmet shows an airbrushed New York Skyline at night with a ghost image of the Twin Towers. On the left side is a waving American Flag to honor the raising of the Flag at Ground Zero. The front plate which is a memorial to the fallen Firefighters, is a custom made leather helmet badge. The paint work was donated by www.vonraknid.com who is a retired Volunteer firefighter. This is a used helmet which has seen many fires, the liner is in great condition and the nomex ear covers are still intact. The visor does show some wear. The Volunteer Fire Department is located in Montello Wisconsin, Thanks in advance for you interest. All funds and proceeds will be donated April 2nd at the Fire Department. This Fire Department could really use the $$ at least its an honest DEAL and not some stupid idea of ad space on your forehead that auctioned at $15,000.00 I am just trying to Support an ALL Volunteer FIRE DEPARTMENT

-Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

Pretty tacky, but "momento's" have been sold of all sorts. Not that different then the 10 truck and engine sold by Code 3.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

nice paint job. but i dont care for it

MembersZone Subscriber

The name of the Helmet maker escapes me right now. But isn;t there one aound selling airbrished helmets of differnet pictures. But would agree nice paint job. But still woudn't buy it because well I rather have something I can use.
    Thanks
    DM

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

At least there don't appear to be any false claims associated with this item.

Personally however, I don't like the idea of some small town dept profitting off of FDNY's tragedy. I would be happier if they were giving the funds to the FDNY widows and orphans fund to use.

IMHO, If your VFD wants to hold a raffle, come up with something unique to your area. Don't leach off someone else's cause.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

I like the artwork. it's very well done. no false claims were made by the seller. it's no different than any of the FDNY 9/11 patches, except instead of going to an FDNY group, it goes to the designers VFD.

I don't think it's disrepectful at all.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

9/11 affected firefighters/cops/ems workers around the world, not just FDNY. True, the biggest impact was obviously those directly involved but the ripples were felt worldwide.

I don't see it as a problem at all as long as it is done respectfully. I personally would not want it but someone might.

As a side note, wouldn't it be nice if fire departments around the world got exactly what they wanted every single budget time and the Air Force would have to have a bake sale to purchase a bomber?

Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Good art work, although I'm not sure the skyline is accurate. Also, I really wish everyone would refer to that tragic day on the actual day.[size=large] IT SHOULD BE 9/11/01, NOT 911!!! 911 is a phone number![/size] Future generations will learn about the events of that day and not even know what year it occurred in! NEVER FORGET 343!

This one is completely different. I have seen manufacturers raffling off this type of helmet at some trade shows....
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

IMHO, If your VFD wants to hold a raffle, come up with something unique to your area. Don't leach off someone else's cause. Real nice you try to do something for someone and this is the flack ya get! First of all this was to raise funds for a "Volunteer" Fire Department, there was no profit for the painter at all, this had nothing to do with ripping off a cause, How dare you! This was to memorialize the FACT of that Fallen ones, do your self a Favor get you head out of your *** your no better than the First Volunteers that came along! And as far as being a Jackass anytime you want to talk history of where all firefighters came from just step up to the plate. I did this as a tribute not a mockery in anyway, I painted it I donated it and never once did I complaine that I didnt make any $$ for it, as far as the donations for the VFD too bad for you obviously your only in if fot the money and not The Heart And Soul! Sorry to "offend" your little winey *** Your probably the "unique" Pain in the *** at your house

Default Back Off

fruadulent helmet jerk.,Don't leach off someone else's cause.,Nothing like the jacka** with the yellow rip off helmet.

It just doesnt set well with me though... First of all there was nothing "Fruadulent" about this at all and as far as being called "RipOff" Jacka** When is the last time you got off The Lazy Boy and actuall did something "Volunteer" for your community....oh ya I forgot this falls under "But how much do I get "Paid" for it. Wake up you little Winers!

Thread Information