Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Pics of motorcycle accidents requested

Ok, a little background here. I am heavily involved in our local motorcycle scene; I run a club of 1500 members, and in addition am the Track Marshal for a roadracing association (I basically oversee all track operations and safety crews, and determine when conditions arise that are too unsafe to continue under). I also write a monthly column for a Colorado-based motorcycle magazine, and help run a children's charity that uses racing to raise money. Needless to say, I'm into bikes.

I am starting an educational campaign, intended to show both bikers and "cagers" (what we call people driving anything on more than two wheels) how to act responsibly while either in operation of, or while driving around a motorcycle. This is out of frustration at having to continually read about bikers who either lost control due to lack of experience, or were hit by an unaware car driver.

What I need from any of you who wish to help, are pictures or stories of accident scenes involving motorcycles in some way. Obviously I don't want you to send me anything that you're not allowed to, however I do intend to use what I get on a website and other media to get my point across. Full credit for photos will be given if requested, and you may feel free to PM me here for my email address if you don't want to post them on the forum directly.

I realize I'm not a FF yet, but I know a lot of you who are have seen these wrecks and probably have some sort of recorded history about it. The more visual I can make this, the better. (Don't worry, I'm not going to have gory images hanging on billboards over major Interstates or anything.)

I certainly appreciate any help the group here can provide. I'm motivated to save motorcyclists' lives through education, and I'm sure you all are tired of seeing the grisly aftermath of stupidity, so hopefully this will be a beneficial thing for everyone who comes in contact with it.

Thanks in advance!

FWIW, I am calling this thing the Campaign for Safer Riding. Who knows, you might run across something from this down the road if I can make the idea catch on. I'm sure with a little help it will.

Forum Member

Go to google.com and type in motorcyle accident, then click images to search.

Rider tried to get off the interstate and beat a car on the turn. He failed and struck the side of a pickup truck. Rider was thrown over the pick-up and hit the guardrail, breaking his neck. We arrived and immediately declared a 10-79(DOA). There was a dent that cost the insurance company something like $1,500 to fix on the side of the truck.
    "Captain 1 to control, retone this as a structure and notify the fire chief...."

Safety is no accident.

Forum Member

Well, I have two pics, but for some reason whenever I try to post one there's a screen that says the file size is too big, or it isn't under 400x1200 pixels, which it was, but whatever......I'll try to figure it out sometime later....

MembersZone Subscriber

Spartan, thanks for the pic!

Berks, I sent you my email address if that is any easier for you.

rforsythe,

Send me your email also I have a some that you can use.
    A "Good" fire is not measured by how big it is, but by the fact that everyone is going home safe, and that we possibly learned something new about firefighting. Member:IACOJ

Alta Vista has a great image search, too...

http://www.altavista.com/image/default

Thread Information