Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Forum Member

I damn near spit my pop out when he said the Mack isn't reliable any more, and they can't use it because it may go down. Diffently brings matenence into question. And the requirements 1250 GPM and 1000 gallons carried? Do they have a hydrant that can supply 1250 GPM? I would guess not with the 1000 Gallon carried requirement.

We had a mutual aid call (4 Departments) where that Mack would have been the one of if not the newest unit on site. We sent our second unit (79 Ford General Fire never rebuilt) and Tanker 76 IH 3000 gallons.

Forum Member

Maybe the Chief knows they have little hope of getting one donated/swapped, and to get rid of the annoying little pest around the firehouse, he assigned him the impossible task?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Permanently Removed

Wow considering yes i am a junior firefighter and yes my father is the Asst.Chief so since the oldies here don't have jobs and sit on their computers and hassle a kid about what he's trying to spread the word about. I didn't intend for you ignorant oldies to come on and hassle me to no end, I posted this to spread the word as Tom told me to. If you want to hassle someone, go hassle someone who deserves to be hassled and get a job and stop hassling people via internet, it's not healthy.

And 2 years experience wow man you don't read the text very well do you? I've been hanging around the station since I was 5 not counting as experience but I went to training classes,drills and all that so I have more than 2 years experience

Forum Member

Wow considering yes i am a junior firefighter and yes my father is the Asst.Chief so since the oldies here don't have jobs and sit on their computers and hassle a kid about what he's trying to spread the word about. I didn't intend for you ignorant oldies to come on and hassle me to no end, I posted this to spread the word as Tom told me to. If you want to hassle someone, go hassle someone who deserves to be hassled and get a job and stop hassling people via internet, it's not healthy.

And 2 years experience wow man you don't read the text very well do you? I've been hanging around the station since I was 5 not counting as experience but I went to training classes,drills and all that so I have more than 2 years experience
    Oh, so now you are a Junior. It doesn't matter who your father is, you are not him. Advertising his email as your address, great idea.

Ignorant oldies? No. You've posted many things that conflict with each other. We're not hassling you, we just want the truth.

Oh, and at five years old I highly doubt you were anything more then a pest in the training classes. I doubt that at five years old you could understand what relay pumping is, or the mechanics behind flashover.
    Last edited by Res343cue; 03-23-2005 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

Resq,
    Another quote from this thread, by AsstEng.

Notice he says that we can “Email his father” at the same address listed as the one he said was his own?
    do i need to have you email that actual adress or something, that IS NOT asstenginer292's email adress. he simply said who to put in the subject line. ya kinda have to read into it a little bit, but its not anything difficult.

do you guys not get the part where he is simply listing the truck for sale/trade? no where is he in charge of any of it, he is simply throwing it out there for everyone. but obvioulsy most of you are to eager to jump down a junior's throat to understand what the ORGINAL POST is about.

Forum Member

Originally posted by AsstEngineer292
    I'm the Jr.Firefighter Captian, i captain the juniors not meaning I am one sir.
    Wow considering yes i am a junior firefighter

Thanks for finally coming clean. Honesty is a great policy.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

ROFLMAO!!!!!
    Kid you are the best! Just remember......when people hassle you on here,tell them "We Volunteer like we actually mean it!" & "Be a Sport to the Less Fortunate and Underfunded Departments....DONATE!" you will be ALL set....
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Permanently Removed

You sir are the most ignorant on this thread,Plus no, ill have my chief post on here i wasn't a pest nor am i now, I am simply advertising that 2924 is for sale or trade and letting others know that we need to replace it ASAP if you have a problem with it then you can come down to my station and talk to my chief, he'll just tell you that what I'm doing is what he asked me to do, ADVERTISE 2924 FOR SALE AND TELL OTHERS WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW ENGINE NO OLDER THAN 1990 and also that your acting like a child so again stop replying because you are.

Res343cue

ADVERTISING MY FATHERS E-MAIL hmmm yea right considering he lives downstairs in the house we live in yea and he uses his e-mail more than i use mine, but if to you im advertising my fathers e-mail think what you want, you sire are the immature child and the pest on this thread.
    Last edited by AsstEngineer292; 03-23-2005 at 04:40 PM.

Forum Member

You sir are the most ignorant on this thread,Plus no, ill have my chief post on here i wasn't a pest nor am i now, I am simply advertising that 2924 is for sale or trade and letting others know that we need to replace it ASAP if you have a problem with it then you can come down to my station and talk to my chief, he'll just tell you that what I'm doing is what he asked me to do, ADVERTISE 2924 FOR SALE AND TELL OTHERS WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW ENGINE NO OLDER THAN 1990 and also that your acting like a child so again stop replying because you are.

ADVERTISING MY FATHERS E-MAIL hmmm yea right considering he lives downstairs in the house we live in yea and he uses his e-mail more than i use mine, but if to you im advertising my fathers e-mail think what you want, you sire are the immature child and the pest on this thread. So 2 words moderate me if you wish SHUT UP!
    I <3 train wrecks.

Forum Member

Ha! STM calling someone a kid!

Forum Member

Originally posted by Bones42

I know, its bad when even I can......

Forum Member

It just seems like you're asking for a bit much.. with nothing in return. Basically you are asking someone to GIVE you an engine 1990 or NEWER with all those specs. It's like.. I'll give you my Huffy in the garage.. if you give me your new F-150 (a 1990 engine is no BMW!). Please... my dad told me to ask, he needs a backup ride. I thought trades were supposed to work out pretty equally for both sides.. someone's gonna get screwed in this "trade."

Just a side note.. why did ya'll get a new engine? Why not settle for 2 1990 or NEWER engines? That'd made sense.. I mean that Mack couldn't have gone to sh*t in a few months..

Forum Member

maybe i just read it wrong but, please tell me this wasnt a stab at volunteer's stm4710
    We Volunteer like we actually mean it!

Forum Member

Forum Member

Originally posted by Maverick9110E
    maybe i just read it wrong but, please tell me this wasnt a stab at volunteer's stm4710
    Nope, research Donna C. Dont drink milk when reading this, it might come out your nose.

http://www.fire-liar.info/index.html

MembersZone Subscriber

Well while I was reading this I had a thought come to me.

Asst Ch you have placed at least 4 threads / polls in the forum asking for a poll on color, cab, number of stations and so on. Which isn't a bad thing at all, if your wanting some research ideas. But the fact is yuo posted them and then made a thread about wanting a new on.

My department doesn't take in as much as you. We got a grant for a new engine, and gear. I wish we could afford a back up truck would be nice. The thing is I agree with alot of the others on here. If the truck really isn't broken and it is not the front line engine then why get another. Save the money and place it in an account somewhere to get a new truck soon.

Heck one of the best pieces of equipment I ever used and rode in was a 1954 American LaFrance, 85 foot, open cab, ladder truck. You know the type with out the bydraulic stabilizers.

Now about your age, from the previous posts in other threads yuo pretty much said you are a JR. So before you start trying to sell off equipment from your department, wait a little.
    Thanks
    DM

Forum Member

Originally posted by stm4710
    Donna C.
    AHHH.. good 'ol DC! The one thing that I love about her site are the "copyrights!" Oh.. and the information that she starts with under 'The Chief's Corner'!!! HAHA way to start out right.. Chief!! I'm JEALOUSY!!!

Now back on target.. no one wants my Huffy for a new F-150? C'mon, I'll even include the beads on the spokes, the streamers on the handles, and the basket on the front. If the price is right.. I'll even leave the bell on it!! Oh.. yea.. sorry, but it doesn't have a seat or tires. Nothing hurts like jumping onto a bike without a seat!

Forum Member

Lightbulb MAKE AN AD!

Hey AsstEng... has your department considered making an Ad for the truck? Something like this would work... http://www.big-boys.com/articles/dodge88.html

Also.. the bike is still here.. Kickstand.........STANDARD.
    BOOYA

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Maverick...

Chill out man. This kid LIED about being the captain of the juniors and not being a junior himself. When cornered and faced with overwhelming evidence that he LIED about being a junior he finally admits he is junior. What about that is your mind deserves leniency and us giving him a break?

If he wanted to advertise a truck for sale or trade why didn't he just do that instead of trying to impress us with his fabrication? I wish them luck in finding someone to trade them a newer truck for one they think is junk. I don't see it happening but I do wish them luck.

And anyone that would post the following and expect people to respect him because of it has more problems than I can imagine. If I were to use that same standard at age 46 I could claim 44 years expereince in the fire service. And I would expect to be soundly thrashed by everyone here including stm4710!

Truly a shame that people feel the need to fabricate something to seem more impressive than they truly are. Honestly if he had said who he was and what he was and been honest from the get go this topic wouldn't even exist.

FyredUp

Forum Member

Just looked at his dept website, they ran 200 calls last year! wow that mack must be taking a beating! My station runs 4 times the about of calls you do and our 2nd out engine at my station is a 1972 maxim. It runs like a champ!
    Firefighting is not just a job, its a way of life........
    IACOJ

SORRY FELLAS, NO TIKI BAR HERE!

Forum Member

Hey FyredUp, wouldn't it be nice to have some more CF's in the area again?
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

Forum Member

First the Dragonslayer, now
    asstjuniorengineercaptsonofchief292...

What are the forums coming to?

Is there something in the water that makes these "kids" think that it's all right to lie about their certifications and training and that they have the right to take their place among the crusty old jakes?

Maverick... are you a junior too? Your defense of this little "taleteller" lead me to believe so.

Listen to Goose... it's not good Mav...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

dazed and confused

Thumbs up

lol
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Forum Member

no im not a junior, i just dont see why everyone needs to rag on them because their young. yes the old timers know an assload more then juniors, but just because thier young doesnt mean you should dismiss everything they say. just cause i took the side of a junior doesnt mean i am one. now if you'll excuse me, its time to kick the tires and light the fires big daddy!

Forum Member

Oh my god... I totally forgot about Donna C. ah, memories. This whole thread reminds me of her. I haven't laugh on here in a while! stm good link

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread Information