Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MembersZone Subscriber

Well while I was reading this I had a thought come to me.

Asst Ch you have placed at least 4 threads / polls in the forum asking for a poll on color, cab, number of stations and so on. Which isn't a bad thing at all, if your wanting some research ideas. But the fact is yuo posted them and then made a thread about wanting a new on.

My department doesn't take in as much as you. We got a grant for a new engine, and gear. I wish we could afford a back up truck would be nice. The thing is I agree with alot of the others on here. If the truck really isn't broken and it is not the front line engine then why get another. Save the money and place it in an account somewhere to get a new truck soon.

Heck one of the best pieces of equipment I ever used and rode in was a 1954 American LaFrance, 85 foot, open cab, ladder truck. You know the type with out the bydraulic stabilizers.

Now about your age, from the previous posts in other threads yuo pretty much said you are a JR. So before you start trying to sell off equipment from your department, wait a little.
    Thanks
    DM

Forum Member

Originally posted by stm4710
    Donna C.
    AHHH.. good 'ol DC! The one thing that I love about her site are the "copyrights!" Oh.. and the information that she starts with under 'The Chief's Corner'!!! HAHA way to start out right.. Chief!! I'm JEALOUSY!!!

Now back on target.. no one wants my Huffy for a new F-150? C'mon, I'll even include the beads on the spokes, the streamers on the handles, and the basket on the front. If the price is right.. I'll even leave the bell on it!! Oh.. yea.. sorry, but it doesn't have a seat or tires. Nothing hurts like jumping onto a bike without a seat!

Forum Member

Lightbulb MAKE AN AD!

Hey AsstEng... has your department considered making an Ad for the truck? Something like this would work... http://www.big-boys.com/articles/dodge88.html

Also.. the bike is still here.. Kickstand.........STANDARD.
    BOOYA

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Maverick...

Chill out man. This kid LIED about being the captain of the juniors and not being a junior himself. When cornered and faced with overwhelming evidence that he LIED about being a junior he finally admits he is junior. What about that is your mind deserves leniency and us giving him a break?

If he wanted to advertise a truck for sale or trade why didn't he just do that instead of trying to impress us with his fabrication? I wish them luck in finding someone to trade them a newer truck for one they think is junk. I don't see it happening but I do wish them luck.

And anyone that would post the following and expect people to respect him because of it has more problems than I can imagine. If I were to use that same standard at age 46 I could claim 44 years expereince in the fire service. And I would expect to be soundly thrashed by everyone here including stm4710!

And 2 years experience wow man you don't read the text very well do you? I've been hanging around the station since I was 5 not counting as experience but I went to training classes,drills and all that so I have more than 2 years experience
    Truly a shame that people feel the need to fabricate something to seem more impressive than they truly are. Honestly if he had said who he was and what he was and been honest from the get go this topic wouldn't even exist.

FyredUp

Forum Member

Just looked at his dept website, they ran 200 calls last year! wow that mack must be taking a beating! My station runs 4 times the about of calls you do and our 2nd out engine at my station is a 1972 maxim. It runs like a champ!
    Firefighting is not just a job, its a way of life........
    IACOJ

SORRY FELLAS, NO TIKI BAR HERE!

Forum Member

Hey FyredUp, wouldn't it be nice to have some more CF's in the area again?
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

First the Dragonslayer, now
    asstjuniorengineercaptsonofchi ef292...

What are the forums coming to?

Is there something in the water that makes these "kids" think that it's all right to lie about their certifications and training and that they have the right to take their place among the crusty old jakes?

Maverick... are you a junior too? Your defense of this little "taleteller" lead me to believe so.

Listen to Goose... it's not good Mav...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thumbs up

lol
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

no im not a junior, i just dont see why everyone needs to rag on them because their young. yes the old timers know an assload more then juniors, but just because thier young doesnt mean you should dismiss everything they say. just cause i took the side of a junior doesnt mean i am one. now if you'll excuse me, its time to kick the tires and light the fires big daddy!

Forum Member

Oh my god... I totally forgot about Donna C. ah, memories. This whole thread reminds me of her. I haven't laugh on here in a while! stm good link

Forum Member

Asst. Eng.292

Try looking into getting Fire Apparatus Magazine, they show alot of different apparatus every month.

As for your Engineer title, I saw someone question if you were driving fire trucks a couple of pages back. Is an Engineer in your department someone who is assigned a truck to check everything on that truck once a week? Because that's what it is in my department. Someone who drives the truck is simply a driver or operator.

For you old guys

Remember, you were young, stupid and cocky once. Give him advice, not jump on him.

Administrator

OK Kids, this is going no where....post closed.

Also "Adults" .. engaging in some silly verbal battle here or telling people where they stand in society, etc. also has no place here. Growing up isnt just for kids. Really.

We'll remind people posting stuff for sale, trade, etc. isn't part of the forums.

WebTeam

Thread Information