Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Permanently Removed

Default We Need A 1990 Or Newer Engine Donated Or Swap With Us

Hey guys and gals. My company isn't rich and have enough money to buy it's own trucks. We get $17k from the township and $14k goes to bills insurance,etc. Leaving us with barely anything to work with. Now we have a 1979 Refurb 1991 FDNY Mack that we are selling or we could swap for a different truck because we don't have the money to buy a truck to replace the Mack. The truck runs great but we need something better so we're looking to see if somone will be a helpful hand and either swap with us and they cna refurbish the Mack or something.

This is what we are looking for
    1990 or newer
    no less than 1250GPM
    no less than 1000 Gal. Tank
    *MUST BE ENCLOSED*

If you know any department or someone who is willing to donate a truck or swap with us PLEASE post back or e-mail me at Asst.Chief292@comcast.net
    Last edited by AsstEngineer292; 03-22-2005 at 10:12 PM.

Permanently Removed

Bumping it till I get some major replies or something.

former FH.com member

Wink

I suggest looking here , and FYI you dont need to bump a thread every 15 minutes, if someone can help you they will.

dazed and confused

Originally posted by AsstEngineer292
    Bumping it till I get some major replies or something.
    Completely unnecessary...people see the threads you post, all seven of them that are currently on the first page... don't worry.
    Last edited by Resq14; 03-22-2005 at 10:38 PM.
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Forum Member

Umm, weren't you the same poster showing your great new engine ?
    Last edited by Res343cue; 03-22-2005 at 10:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Permanently Removed

YES! that's right man. But our 2nd out truck we CANNOT RELY ON because IF IT DOES breakddown we don't have the money to sink into it so we need a newer truck to rely pon as a good 2nd out. 2923 is 1st out but we're selling the mack as a parade piece or ANYTHING.

MembersZone Subscriber

No offense but why would a junior be trying to find a new engine? Wouldnt that be the job of the Regular Firefighters? And If so...I would HOPE to believe that they have a more professional way of trying to obtain a new piece of apparatus and not try and trade it over the internet like its a baseball card...
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Permanently Removed

I'm the Jr.Firefighter Captian, i captain the juniors not meaning I am one sir. Also, I have DIRECT permisison from my chief who i've known for more than 14 years and he knows im a wiz on the computers so he told me to advertise this so I'm doing what he told me to do.

Forum Member

Hey Keith:

1. This is primarily an adult forum. If you want to be taken more seriously, learn to use capitals, proper punctuation, spelling and grammar.

2. That Mack will run circles around that Central States any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. I am just curious as to why you feel your department needs to get rid of it. With regular preventive maintenance and a little TLC (as is evident in the photos of the truck, which appears to have had a nicely done refurbishment) it will go a long way.

3. I checked your Department's website. The only mention of the truck POSSIBLY being for sale, is a query in the forums section, saying that "A friend mentioned that 2924 might be for sale".....Other than that, there is no mention at all of the piece being for sale.

4. Additionally, your website identifies you as an Explorer. Why dont you let the Senior Officers or the Administrative Personnel of the Department handle something as bureaucratically/technically involved as the selling or trading of a motor vehicle.

I say all this, because simply there is something about your post that I do not understand- If the Mack is such the disaster that you describe it to be, why would anyone in the world want to trade a 1990's Engine, with all of the features you described, for the Mack? And if it is such a basket case, what makes you think they will get any decent offers for it?

Something is missing. The equation is not complete. Please have one of the Line Officers or Admin Personnel of your Department come on here and describe the sale and/or proposed transaction.

THANKS, and BE SAFE!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Permanently Removed

. Additionally, your website identifies you as an Explorer. Why dont you let the Senior Officers or the Administrative Personnel of the Department handle something as bureaucratically/technically involved as the selling or trading of a motor vehicle
    2. That Mack will run circles around that Central States any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. I am just curious as to why you feel your department needs to get rid of it. With regular preventive maintenance and a little TLC (as is evident in the photos of the truck, which appears to have had a nicely done refurbishment) it will go a long way.
    Website hasnn't been updated in over a year because he hasn't "Had time" and refuses to hand it over to someone else so your reading of someone hearing that 2924 is for sale, well nothing can be done since our so called "webmaster" won't work on the website or hand it over to someone else WHO HAS THE TIME.
    Last edited by AsstEngineer292; 03-23-2005 at 08:30 AM.

Forum Member

Why do you guys gotta hassle him? he's just trying to poke intreset into the subject and all you guys are getting down that he's a junior or an explorer which he just stated that he's not. and when you guys say its an Adult forum and you should use proper punctuation. Guys i figured you would be adult enough to know, thats not how the internet works. perferct grammer and punctuation is NOT whats on the net. i realize you old fogies in generation X are having a hard time dealing.

Permanently Removed

Here I'm going to forget about this how about you e-mail my father at Asst.Chief292@comcast.net or Tom Toth the Chief at Chief2920@aol.com.

He's going to be more "adult" then I am but he's going to say the same I have already said. If your comapny wasn't a rich one and you didn't have the money to spend the way you wanted to, you'd understand why a 1979/1991 ex-FDNY engine doesn't run as good as we need it to.

Hence yes we just got our new engine last August but WE CANNOT RUN ON 1 ENGINE ANYMOER, we need to rely on a better 2nd out engine.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Try:

www.helpingourown.com

You may or may not qualify with your budget, but maybe they can help you find some contacts.

Others to try:

http://www.billkillen.net/surplus.html

http://www.navfac.navy.mil/pw/suppor...rvc/trucks.htm

http://www.fentonfire.com/

Good luck, sorry the others have nothing better to do with their time then to criticize new people.
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Forum Member

...PLEASE post back or e-mail me at Asst.Chief292@comcast.net
    Here I'm going to forget about this how about you e-mail my father at Asst.Chief292@comcast.net

So, are you your own father now too? Sounds like a bad episode of Springer unfolding if you ask me.

If you're such a computer wiz, you would know how to type with somewhat proper structure. (Notice I say somewhat because no one is perfect). Basicly, what this amounts to is your entire story doesn't add up and doubt many people here believe you. Personally, I suspect you are a Jr. No one goes from junior to captain in one year. Nice try.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

I'm the Jr.Firefighter Captian, i captain the juniors not meaning I am one sir.
    You're still a junior if you're 16. You have 2 years of experience on your department, you've said so yourself. If you're a Captain at 16 leading your juniors, and an engineer, all I want to say is wow.

Also, I have DIRECT permisison from my chief who i've known for more than 14 years and he knows im a wiz on the computers so he told me to advertise this so I'm doing what he told me to do.
    Your "advertising" for help wasn't exactly the best way to go about it. Usually, when you ask for help, it's because you need whatever you can get. We have a 1970s pumper that ran frontline for many years. It's now a backup / reserve that rarely goes to calls. It can still pump at greater then what it's rated for, still holds water like it was brand new, and runs great. Yup, 1990s and younger trucks are the only "good" ones, especially when you want them donated.

If you need a new pumper, maybe you shouldn't be expanding your station and getting a squirt. How about replacing your "bad"
    apparatus first. Your story doesn't add up, bud.

So, are you your own father now too? Sounds like a bad episode of Springer unfolding if you ask me.
    Don't you like how he is a Assistant Chief, an Assistant Engineer, a Captain, and all while he's 16?
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

Gosh they are starting younger nowadays....

Forum Member

Default Re: We Need A 1990 Or Newer Engine Donated Or Swap With Us

1979 Refurb 1991 FDNY Mack
    If you take care of that truck, it could last. I know of a paid department that still has several Macks in its vehicle fleet. Granted most are reserve units, but when they get put in service.. guess what? They have first out responsibilities. They have a 1974 Mack Pumper, 1977 Mack aerialscope, 1978 Mack refurb. in 1992, 1981 Mack Pumper, and 2 1982 Mack Pumpers.

Just to clear on thing up.. here is how AsstEngin.. described his job title. (Yea, I thought it was a bit confusing myself He's a Captain... NO! He's an Engineer... NO! He's an Asst. Engineer... NO.. well maybe.. I don't know what that is (since he can't drive!)! WHAT IS HE!?
    Well 1st all, as Assistant Engineer.

I do weekly checks on the truck like:lights,sirens,other warning devices,oil,fuel,appearance,ra
    dio checks,foam tnak,water tank level and i've studied the 300+ page on engineering the truck from top to bottom to inside to outside and my father is the Head Engineer so he supervises me as I check things on 2923

AND I'm the junior firefighter captain.

And as a Junior Firefighter Captain this is what I do: If I arrive at the station and there are 2 juniors and 2 explorers, their SOGs state only 1 junior and 1 explorer per truck so we have room for certifieds, and if there are 5 certs. INCLUDING the driver, even if the explorer was there 1st, the junior can "Bump" him off because he/she is older and is more useful on the scene. To add on that, I decide who will ride the truck, so every month or so i change the engine assignments around like have a explorer and 1 junior ride 2923 for a month to get used to the tools and equipment and swhat the truck is primarily used for, and ill change those 2 to 2924 and so on and so forth.

But I have to thepower to "Bump off" ANY junior or explorer because i have more experience,time,dedication and qualifications soI was voted in by the company to head up the junior and explorer positions and i have 1 lt. in each division so they get a chance to get some time in. So if you have any more quesitons or comments, tlak to me on AOL Instant Messenger at Haveyougonemad29.
    You're welcome.. that should clear up the confusion!

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Let me see if I understand this correctly.

1) Your department recently received a brand new pumper
    2) You are here asking for someone to give you or trade you a 1990's or newer engine to replace a 1979/1991 Mack CF pumper

I just have a couple of comments for you.

First of all why should anyone donate a truck to a fire department that just bought a brand new one? There are plenty of departments out there that would jump at the chance to own that 1979/1991 Mack CF because what they are operating make that look like a dream come true. In fact my volly FD has a 1974 Mack CF pumper that was refurbed in 1985 and still runs like a champ and still meets pump test. Why? Because it is on a scheduled maintenance program. Personally, unless you are either running several hundred calls a year or failed to do annual maintenance, I fail to understand why a Mack CF refurbed in 1991 wouldn't make a reliable second out engine.

Secondly if your budget is so small, do some fundraisers, search the internet for grants, go to local businesses and explain your needs and ask for donations. Explain your needs to your community and maybe they will back you. But I guarantee you it will be difficult if not impossible to explain to people why you need another different engine right after you just got a brand new one.

I think you have quite a pair to expect someone to doante or swap you a 1990's engine for your Mack if it isn't good enough for your department. Especially when you have a brand new engine sitting right next to it.

Just my opinion. I am sure it isn't what you want to hear.

FyredUp
    Last edited by FyredUp; 03-23-2005 at 09:56 AM.

Forum Member

because i have more experience,time,dedication and qualifications
    Yup. 2 years sure is a whole hell of a lot, Junior.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

I'm the Jr.Firefighter Captian, i captain the juniors not meaning I am one sir.
    Hmm. So you are claiming that you are NOT a junior, yet...
    http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...threadid=67701

And you are 16 years old? And a captain? And an engineer? And your own father?

Nice try. When are some people going to learn that they don't need to pretend in order to get respect. All it takes is being honest regardless of your position in life. Quit lying through your teeth. We are not as stupid and gulible as you seem to think we are.

dazed and confused

Haha, this is cheap entertainment.

DrParasite pointed this out in another thread, but I thought it would be appropriate here. On the "Future US Firefighters" forum this fellow created, he writes this:

"Hey all and welcome to the Explorers and Junior firefighters Forums. THIS IS for Explorer & Junior Firefighters only so no trouble should arrise with listen to your elder crap."

I think that says it all right there...

FWIW AsstEngineer292, people on here have a knack for getting to the bottom of things. And I strongly agree with nmfire about honesty.
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Forum Member

ya know normally i wouldnt mind guys busting on a junior a bit, but WTF is with you guys? comments like :
    Yup. 2 years sure is a whole hell of a lot, Junior.
    way to take it out of context genius.

and i realie its a difficult concept but did you guys notice that they are different email adress' not once did he call himself an assistant chief, not once did he say he was his own father, he simply gave you all the email adress to get in touch with his father who is the assistant chief. And ragging on him about why he is making this proposal is not a good idea. ever hear the saying, dont shoot the messenger? his chief told him to do it. if anything you should be nagging at the chief and not the member who is simply trying to help out his CHIEFS cause. im not saying that the plan propsed is a good one. (it makes sense.....to a point. depends on how screwed up the mack actually is) but lighten up. does there really need to be 2 pages of knocking on a guy because he's a junior who is trying to get stuff done? sit back, take a soda and RELAX!

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Maverick...

This kid has misrpresented himself on this forum claiming not to be a junior while at the same time creating another board where he admits to being a junior. Don't expect me to go along with your pleas for leniency on this guy. He should be honest about what he is and then maybe, just maybe I might go along with you. A pretender is a very dangerous thing, especially in this business.

As far as doing what his Chief told him to do I think that speaks volumes for his fire department, if in fact that part of this story is even true. Why on Earth would you have junior firefighter doing a job like that? And don't tell me it is because he is so computer literate.

Sorry, I think you are wrong on this one.

FyredUp

Forum Member

Lets see...
    Originally posted by FyredUp
    Maverick...

This kid has misrpresented himself on this forum claiming not to be a junior while at the same time creating another board where he admits to being a junior. Don't expect me to go along with your pleas for leniency on this guy. He should be honest about what he is and then maybe, just maybe I might go along with you. A pretender is a very dangerous thing, especially in this business.
    I agree.
    Originally posted by FyredUp
    As far as doing what his Chief told him to do I think that speaks volumes for his fire department, if in fact that part of this story is even true. Why on Earth would you have junior firefighter doing a job like that? And don't tell me it is because he is so computer literate.
    And amazingly.. I agree again!

I'm sorry, it is a bit pathetic if the Fire Chief can't find resources to acquire equipment. Nothing against jr. FFs or AsstEng., but if a Chief has to rely on a kid to find him information or equipment, then that speak highly of the Chief! You see, the chain of command is like a ladder...! Typically you work UP the chain, not jump to the TOP. Well the same typically holds true with coming DOWN the chain. In most cases you delegate responsibility down the ladder. Sh*t jobs go to pee-ons, and then go up from there. Well this is something that needs to be near the top of the ladder, not on ground level!

Forum Member

Maverick..

If you know any department or someone who is willing to donate a truck or swap with us PLEASE post back or e-mail me at Asst.Chief292@comcast.net
    A quote from the start of this thread, by AsstEng.

Here I'm going to forget about this how about you e-mail my father at Asst.Chief292@comcast.net or Tom Toth the Chief at Chief2920@aol.com.
    Another quote from this thread, by AsstEng.

Notice he says that we can “Email his father” at the same address listed as the one he said was his own?

I'm sorry, it is a bit pathetic if the Fire Chief can't find resources to acquire equipment. Nothing against jr. FFs or AsstEng., but if a Chief has to rely on a kid to find him information or equipment, then that speak highly of the Chief! You see, the chain of command is like a ladder...! Typically you work UP the chain, not jump to the TOP. Well the same typically holds true with coming DOWN the chain. In most cases you delegate responsibility down the ladder. Sh*t jobs go to pee-ons, and then go up from there. Well this is something that needs to be near the top of the ladder, not on ground level!
    AMEN! Looking for apparatus is not something a 16 year old should be doing. Especially with only 2 years experience.

I think an email to the Chief of his department would be most appropriate, let the Chief see some of the things that have been said. I'm still having a hard time believing that we have a 16 year old that is not a Junior, Explorer, but is an Engineer, Asst. Chief, and a Captain (Yup. His name implies one title, his email implies another, and his posts imply another.)

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information