Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber CFD Hazards's Avatar

Default I'm Dreaming of a White.....

EASTER!!! When the hell is this winter going to end? Someone please tell old man winter that he won and we give up. Parts of New England are again under a Winter Storm Warning and my area is expecting anywhere between 4-12 inches of heavy wet snow tonight. Parts of my deck have just started to emerge from the snow. I am supposed to be having a pool installed next week but can't see that happening. Hopefully it will stop snowing by July and I will be able to go swimming in it. Happy Easter!!

MembersZone Subscriber ROOKIELZ's Avatar

I hear you, loud and clear. We just had another snowstorm followed by freezing rain. I can't believe we didn't get any calls out of it.

I heard that summer will be on July 10th this year. Enjoy that day!
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

Snow has all but melted in my yard, now I can see all thw holes my dog dug!

Definitely ready for Spring too.
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

its snowing right now i just washed the god damn engine again!

3-5" overnight then 1-2" tomorrow! (getting the rant on like Hawkeye from MASH) "We want something else...we want something else!" At this point I think I'd actually enjoy mud season.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

I guess that I wont add that other than a freak 1/4" of snow/hail that fell on Sunday night, we have had nothing but green grass since mid Feb.

EVEN I had to break down the other day and buy mower gas to cut the grass. (this is a feat in itself because I usually refuse to cut the grass before April.)

For all you out there in the cold and the white, I hope things go well, and that the damn white stuff does go away soon.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Sorry guys and gals... but I'm enjoying the near 70 degree weather, nice clear blue sky and SUN!!

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

So are we. But that's bad, we're a Ski Resort!

This is the worst winter on record for us. Even the guys that have been here 25+ years say they have never seen such a dry winter.

The real problem is going to be the forest fire hazard this summer if we don't get any spring moisture. We do not need another 2003!
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Originally posted by mcaldwell
    This is the worst winter on record for us. Even the guys that have been here 25+ years say they have never seen such a dry winter.
    Well atleast you won't have to deal with a 'muddy season'!! The locals in Steamboat Springs, CO were telling me about that crap.. screw that!!

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Originally posted by mcaldwell
    So are we. But that's bad, we're a Ski Resort!

The real problem is going to be the forest fire hazard this summer if we don't get any spring moisture. We do not need another 2003!
    NO, we sure don't!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

I am with FTMPTB15, sadly I am stuck inside having to see patients today at school here in beautiful North Carolina. This stinks. IT supposed to be in the mid 60s or so for the next week too .

I talked to my father in law last week and he said he has about 4 1/2 feet of snow on the front lawn - not counting what the snowbanks look like. Nope, I don't miss the New England snow at all.

Well, maybe right after it falls and it is pristine and untouched, but as soon as I have to shovel it, the amusement factor is gone.

Y'all enjoy all that snow, ya hear!
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

.........sandy beach.
    weather here is in the 80s Beautiful sunny fla day.
    got the boat washed last weekend, ready to go.
    Now if I could only afford to gas the damn thing up !!!!

Dasharkie,
    Don't think I won't fly down there with a cooler full of snowballs with your name on them!
    Great...now the NWS is saying 7-10" of that crappy white stuff Lemme get my aerosol cans out to get the global warming going again...
    Last edited by LeuitEFDems; 03-23-2005 at 04:01 PM.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Unhappy Uh-oh....

I think that Easter may be cancelled this year...

It's not the weather.

Nor is it any legal action.

The real reason?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Be safe y'all!
    IACOJ Animal Control
    Ladder 8
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Randy!

Poor little bunny LOL
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

lol! w00t fire academy is cancelled tonite, actually im kinda ****ed, i had my search and rescue drill tonight. i wanted to go to that.

Don't think I won't fly down there with a cooler full of snowballs with your name on them!
    Bring it on bucko. You know, if you keep threatening to come South and then not do it, I'm going to stop believing you pretty soon.

We'll head over to Wrightsville Beach near Wilmington after you try to paste me with snowballs. Just remember, you'll run out of ammunition eventually, and then you're all mine.......Plus if the weather keeps up in the 60s and 70s, they're all going to melt too quickly so I have nothing to worry about.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

ten four on the crappy weather ........today we had: snow, rain, freezing rain, crap, S*^*(&^T, junk and then more snow.......not much accumulation just enough to make things wet and messy (and not the good kind)
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Ladder8, I have instructed my wife that if she happens to find me dead at the computer, with one of your pictures on the screen................... She is to hunt you down and kill you, or hug your neck. Not sure which she'll choose!

Thanks for the laugh, again!
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

cfdeng3-----------I'm with you on this one! Not too far from you, up here in Boston, it seems like we get a significant snow storm once or twice a week! I think you better put your pool project on hold. Hey, at least we have the Red Sox.

Thread Information