Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Update on Stolen House

2 ARRESTED IN HOUSE THEFT

By MARK COLLETTE, Staff Writer March 22

LINDALE - Board by board, shingle by shingle, for nearly three months, they dismantled the three-bedroom brick house and carted it away until only a pile of rubble was left.

Their only problem: they didn't own it.

Authorities say two men jailed this week took the house apart and sold it for drugs, in plain view of everyone cruising by on Lindale's Main Street - U.S. Highway 69.

"We drove by and watched the house come down," said Smith County Constable Dennis Taylor. "We wondered why it was taking so long, rather than just bulldoze it. It took about a month before the top even collapsed."

Taylor said the men worked slowly and haphazardly in daylight, with no one questioning their work, because everyone assumed it was the work of Wal-Mart or Lowe's - the two large retail stores laying new foundations nearby.

But the home actually belonged to Dallas-based St. Ives Realty. A company representative called Taylor on March 15 to report her house stolen.

"I said, 'Is it a trailer house, ma'am?'" Taylor recalled. "She said, 'No, it's a brick house.' I said, 'What?'"

Brandon Ray Parmer, 29, and Darrell Patrick Maxfield, 44, both of Tyler, were arrested Monday. Taylor said both men confessed to dismantling the home.

Authorities also arrested Jesse Gino Vega on Tuesday after executing a search warrant at his home in the 14600 block of County Road 463 in Lindale.

Vega, 36, is accused of giving cash and methamphetamine to the other two men in exchange for the materials from the home. Taylor said Vega refused to surrender to deputies for about an hour before finally emerging from his house Tuesday.

All three suspects were charged with engaging in organized criminal activity, a second-degree felony, and released from Smith County Jail after posting $10,000 bond.

At Vega's residence, authorities recovered lumber worth about $25,000. They also found plumbing, bathroom and kitchen fixtures, fence materials, doors and windows.

Officers got "about five trailer loads of property that came out of that house," Taylor said, then paused. "Well, it didn't come out of the house. It was the house."

Taylor estimated about 90 percent of the house was found at Vega's residence. The brick and shingles are still unaccounted for.

Taylor worked in conjunction with Constable Dale Geddie and deputy constables Cliff Robison, Tommy Goodman and Mark Waters. They are still working on tips, and believe at least three other people are involved in stealing the house.

"It's the strangest case I've ever worked in my life," Taylor said. "Everybody drove by and waved at them, said, 'Great to see you getting that house off - we're fixing to get Lowe's and Wal-Mart in here.'"

Mark Collette covers Smith County. He can be reached at 903.596.6303. e-mail: news@tylerpaper.com

©Tyler Morning Telegraph 2005

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

So much for the idea of "Nailing It Down".
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Wow........ Who woulda thunk.........

I'm actually kinda confused....... Was this house scheduled to be torn down for the Lowe's and Walmart? Or was this not part of the deal?
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Here's the orginal thread just a couple of days ago.

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...threadid=67964
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Tearing down a house for drug money. That is definitely the weirdest way I can think of to get your money.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Banned

Some people will do some stupid things for stupid reasons. I think it is so funny that they to the house down brick by brick in broad daylight and nobody questioned it. It was only last summer an iowa woman went on vacation and when she returned some woman had just moved into her house, moved all the original furniture out and redecorated it.

I think it is so funny that they to the house down brick by brick in broad daylight and nobody questioned it.

The secret to success is look like you belong there and know what you're doing, and no one will question it.
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Banned

So let me get this right, they sold the house for drug money. I guess this is what you would call a crack house
    Last edited by pengman; 03-24-2005 at 01:57 PM.

Thread Information