Thread: Interview

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation Interview

Hey WDMIAfireLT & eng441ine...
    Interview is easy. No need to be overly excited or nervous. Be very respectful and honest. Most of the interviewers are retired military, call him/her sir/ma'am if he/she is an officer, this shows respect as well as lets them know that you recognize authority. The ?'s are basic...tell me about your FFing experience, tell me about your leadership style, tellme about your ability to adapt to change and to different leaders, tell me about your immediate family, tell me why you want to do this, do you know what you are getting into, how does your wife/girlfriend/mother feel about it, and then he goes into alot of the background info regarding pay scale, benefits, R&R, the next step(s) etc...Have a pen and paper ready for this part, because if you haven't already gotten this info, it is good to have and to know but he won't go slow.

I interviewed this past MOnday the 21st...Got my papers in the mail today...will be joining up as a Lt...hopefully for the first week in June. The dates that were available as of Monday were April 18, May 2, 9, and 16...Let me know if they offer you any dates in June. They ship people out on the first three Mondays of each Month.

If you have any questions or if I can offer any assistance as I go through the process just ahead of you, let me know: jlk0530@hotmail.com.

Forum Member

Exclamation Re: Interview

Originally posted by Capo168
    Hey WDMIAfireLT & eng441ine...
    Interview is easy. No need to be overly excited or nervous. Be very respectful and honest. Most of the interviewers are retired military, call him/her sir/ma'am if he/she is an officer, this shows respect as well as lets them know that you recognize authority. The ?'s are basic...tell me about your FFing experience, tell me about your leadership style, tellme about your ability to adapt to change and to different leaders, tell me about your immediate family, tell me why you want to do this, do you know what you are getting into, how does your wife/girlfriend/mother feel about it, and then he goes into alot of the background info regarding pay scale, benefits, R&R, the next step(s) etc...Have a pen and paper ready for this part, because if you haven't already gotten this info, it is good to have and to know but he won't go slow.

I interviewed this past MOnday the 21st...Got my papers in the mail today...will be joining up as a Lt...hopefully for the first week in June. The dates that were available as of Monday were April 18, May 2, 9, and 16...Let me know if they offer you any dates in June. They ship people out on the first three Mondays of each Month.

If you have any questions or if I can offer any assistance as I go through the process just ahead of you, let me know: jlk0530@hotmail.com.

With all your knowledge and insite, I would have thought that you were going to joining up as da Chief!!!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Da Chief

Hey Old Timer,
    You should know that all da action is on the line...besides, the last thing you want is me in a "white hat", not for a dozen more years or so until I "mature"!!! lol

Thread Information